• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now Canada is blaming the USA for their problems too?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TFred wrote:
Yet they keep writing as if it does, and as if we won't notice the sham.

'sOK. Just blameCanadian officialsfor the health care debacle Congress is working on.

Besides, since when did the RCMP become so wussified that they did not look forward to bad guys with guns in order to have some excitement, some derring-do to perform?

suntzu

imported post

I could care less about Canada--the Canadians gave up their rights without a peep--just like the English did.

The Canadians should mind their own business and stop trying to meddle in internal US affairs.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

suntzu wrote:
SNIP The Canadians should mind their own business and stop trying to meddle in internal US affairs.
I don't think we can make that argument too well, given how much our government and central bank meddle in other countries' affairs.

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
suntzu wrote:
SNIP The Canadians should mind their own business and stop trying to meddle in internal US affairs.
I don't think we can make that argument too well, given how much our government and central bank meddle in other countries' affairs.
Not to mention how fast we give up our freedom every time someone yells "terrorist!" or "expensive health care!".

sudden valley gunner

imported post

suntzu wrote:
I could care less about Canada--the Canadians gave up their rights without a peep--just like the English did.

The Canadians should mind their own business and stop trying to meddle in internal US affairs.
We should care, the more anti they become the more it affects our country although it shouldn't, until we get leaders who worry about us more than how others view us.

Also I would like the whole world to live free.

rodbender

imported post

old dog wrote:
I propose we simply annex Canada and have done with it. All she does is criticize while squatting under our military umbrella.
Canada had a chance to be involved in the American Revolution in the 1770's. They turned it down. Now they are stuck with what they have. Sorry, I, for one,don't wantCanada to be part of the U.S. or the U.S. to be part of Canada. The same goes for Mexico or even the rest of the world, as in New World Order. No, I am not a NWO conspiracy theorist..

Flintlock

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Well, it is others that should choose to live that way -it's not for us to determine how others should live. Some countries don't want freedom, don't like freedom, don't even understand freedom.

Kinda like this country...

Living "free" is a debatable term. It means something different to everyone. Some people think they are living in freedom when they have 30% of their income sucked away by the federal government and then watch it beredistributed to others.

suntzu

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Citizen wrote:
suntzu wrote:
Not to mention how fast we give up our freedom every time someone yells "terrorist!" or "expensive health care!".
Sadly that is true--we have far too many people in this countrywho are completely satisfied with letting the government tell them what they need, what to think, and when to think it. And it is the intent of the government--this government like the one before it to slowly reduce us under absolute despotism, and the only way to do that effectively is under the guise of "national security", and the only way to accomplish that--is by keeping the people afraid of their own shadows, and in my opinion that is exactly why the government keeps issuing "terrorist warnings" and "threat levels", and trying to keep the people completely dependent upon the government for everything.

A people in fear is easily controlled.

suntzu

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
suntzu wrote:

We should care, the more anti they become the more it affects our country although it shouldn't, until we get leaders who worry about us more than how others view us.

They have to want to live free first and work toward it--otherwise I see no need in trying to help them.

I don't care, just like I don't care what Mexico thinks--they should stay OUT of our internal affairs--otherwise I agree, annex them and then they can have their rights back--as a territorial possession of the US of course.

If we actually had a strong leader in the WH, he would take care of the US, strengthen Constitutional protections in this country, and when the world tried to stick their nose in our affairs--like Mexico and Canada want to do with the 2nd Amendment--he would kindly tell them to stop in no uncertain terms. He would also rebuild US infrastructure, stop sending our money to the rest of the world, rework the tax system and do everything else for the benefit of Americans instead of the world...that is IF we had a strong leader in the WH.

okboomer

imported post

curtiswr posted:
Gun smugglers aided by U.S. yard-sale loophole

No supporting facts stated

curtiswr posted:
The origin of handguns smuggled into Canada from the U.S. is often impossible to track due to a U.S. loophole that lets dealers sell guns without any paperwork at garage sales, auctions and gun shows.

Uhhh, actually, no ... any FFL Dealer who sells any gun, other than a personal, registered gun, must complete FFL paperwork which includes purchaser's name, address, etc. Other than that, if you have bought the gun during licensing years, you had better have a name of who you sold the gun to in case you ever have to prove that you did NOT sell the gun to the criminal. Other than that, it is no one's business when or where you sold the gun, or to whom. I DIDN'T say send/file the information to BATFE, just hold it in your private records.

curtiswr posted:
Once someone sells a gun through that type of a private transaction in the U.S., police can no longer follow its trail, said Ottawa Police Det. Chris Benson.

Again, not necessarily true, depends just how badly you want to CYA, and I've seen what happens when you don't sell to a credible person, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

curtiswr posted:
"'Cause there's no document and he hasn't broken the law," Benson said, "we can't trace that firearm beyond him and after he sells it. That could exchange hands 10 times before it's used in a crime and recovered and maybe make its way up to Canada."

Maybe the Canadian officials cannot trace the gun, but if the BATFE shows up wanting to know what happened to the gun, you bet you will want to have your own documentation. In your PRIVATE files.

curtiswr posted:
Licensed dealers in the U.S. have to file paperwork about a buyer and have a legal obligation to report suspicious transactions, aiding police in investigations such as a double shooting at Pari's Motel in Ottawa on June 21, 2007, that killed 28-year-old Phillip Salmon and 32-year-old Ziad Ahmad.

Jury selection was continuing Tuesday for the trail of Kwaku Frimpong of Ottawa who was charged with first-degree murder in those deaths. Frimpong was 23 at the time of the shooting.

curtiswr posted:
N.B. resident convicted of gun-running

U.S. databases and the paper trail created when the .40-caliber pistol used in that homicide was legitimately purchased at a store in Maine allowed police to trace the gun to 32-year-old New Brunswick resident Andrew Porter, who is currently serving time in the U.S. after pleading guilty to gun smuggling.
OK, evidently the gun was purchased before the criminal was convicted of a felony ... whose crystal ball was supposed to reveal this fact?

curtiswr posted:
However, no forms or background checks are required in many states for private sales.

Again, how does this contribute to illegal guns from US being used in crimes in Canada?

curtiswr posted:
After such sales, even a serial number is not enough to reveal where the gun game from, Ottawa police say.

ditto ... although he may be talking about a gun that was purchased before forced registration, which would then not be in any database other than the manufacturer's, but we are not required to register any guns other than purchased in any way other than a private sale.

curtiswr posted:
Investigators said they were able to reconstruct the path of the Pari's Motel gun and trace about 30 others imported through the same network because Porter obtained the guns legally. An accomplice in Maine would go to a legitimate gun store and buy 10 cheap handguns at a time, leaving a paper trail.
Lawrence Sears, a 63-year-old man who is serving jail time for purchasing guns for Porter, told CBC News that Porter used what locals called the "Milktown crossing," which is smaller than the main Calais-St Stephen border post and doesn't have an X-ray machine as the main crossing does. He also knew the customs officials well.
"He put 'em [the guns] under the seat and away he went to Canada with them," Sears said. "He knew what customs was on when he was going across the border."

Actually, Porter was on the receiving end of a "straw purchase," then received the guns with the intention to import the guns into Canada (without a FFL license, Canadian Import License), with the intent of selling the guns in a country where gun ownership is illegal, without declaring the guns at Customs, improper transport of firearms, intentionally avoiding Customs, (probably) suborning Customs Officers. Looks like at least 8 felonies per gun were committed by Porter, and Sears, too.

Evidently, Canada still hasn't learned that when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. And this is our problem how? Why? When did it become our problem?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Here's a quarter, call someone who cares...

Oh, wait, no. It's a Canadian quarter... It's still worth less than our quarter... And, it doesn't work.

Such symbolism...

canadian

imported post

ixtow wrote:

Oh, wait, no. It's a Canadian quarter... It's still worth less than our quarter... And, it doesn't work.

Such symbolism...
Checked the exchange rates lately?

Thundar

imported post

canadian wrote:
ixtow wrote:

Such symbolism...
Are you talking about real money or Canadian Tire money?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thundar wrote:
canadian wrote:
ixtow wrote:

Such symbolism...
Are you talking about real money or Canadian Tire money?
....I almost called him "The Baconator!" But he doesn't seem to have a sense of humor about it....

I wonder if you can put bacon in their payphones?