• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry and Gun Shops

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

ed wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
ed wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Are you willing to tell us which gun shop this was?
sure.. Loudoun Guns.
Loudoun Guns is uncomfortable with customers OC'ing? Strange... I've OC'd there several times in the past.
That's not at all what I said.. I said that is where I walked in where some chick was checking out a gun and aiming right towards the door as soon as I walked in.
Ed, I think our lines are crossed here. I was not asking about your experience but rather which gun shop Regular_Joe had had some problems with.

As to your comments about gun shops and both customers and counter people mishandling firearms yep, I've have seen this quite a bit as well. You would think people who works there would keep an eye on things and not allow this sort of behavior. I have been standing at a counter, looking over the displays when to one of my sides I notice out of the corner of my eye a gun pointed in my direction. If I were working that counter, that gun would never get into that position. You do have to wonder.

Regular_Joe

imported post

led for breakfast wrote:
there are alot of angry mother @#$%ers working in sharp shooters

better go to viginia arms or blue ridge arsenal
I used Blue Ridge Arsenal's range today for the first time. They confirmed that they didn't mind customer's OC'ing or CC'ing, although they prefer folks don't use cross draw holsters.

wylde007

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
I have been standing at a counter, looking over the displays when to one of my sides I notice out of the corner of my eye a gun pointed in my direction.
I've gone into A&P in Virginia Beach and nearly had to duck when some yutz leveled a gun in my direction. Not behind the counter, but a customer... however the CSR didn't seem too concerned, which concerned me a bit I should say.

Superior Pawn near Aragona has a "No Loaded Weapons" policy. That, the sanctimoniousness of their staff and their exorbitant prices on accessories and do-dads have kept me from returning.

Wangmuf

imported post

led for breakfast wrote:
there are alot of angry mother @#$%ers working in sharp shooters

better go to viginia arms or blue ridge arsenal

Huh? They're always nice to me, and it's always the same 3 people. Guy with facial hair, short-haired guy, and woman with short hair.

Edit: bald guy = short-haired guy.

TexasNative

imported post

What difference does it make, Hank? You wouldn't just be trying to stir up trouble, would you?

Nah, that would be sooooo out-of-character for you.

~ Boyd

Regular_Joe

imported post

ed wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:
I used Blue Ridge Arsenal's range
I won't go their anymore since the owner back's Obama...
Wow - that is danged disappointing...unfortunate for the owner that the reporter ensured that side comment made it in. Blue Ridge is a quick drive for me during the work week. Any other alternatives in the same area?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
ed wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:
Wow - that is danged disappointing...unfortunate for the owner that the reporter ensured that side comment made it in. Blue Ridge is a quick drive for me during the work week. Any other alternatives in the same area?
Several.

NRA Headquarters range.
Clark Brother's (assuming you are still in Culpeper).
Izaak Walton League (140 acres at the SW corner of Fairfax; I'm a member).
And a new one in the Ashburn area I believe and the name escapes me.

Regular_Joe

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:
ed wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:
Several.

NRA Headquarters range.
Clark Brother's (assuming you are still in Culpeper).
Izaak Walton League (140 acres at the SW corner of Fairfax; I'm a member).
And a new one in the Ashburn area I believe and the name escapes me.
Thanks - I'm at Clarks a few times a month. The NRA range is 10 minutes further than Blue Ridge but is $6 cheaper - sounds like a good trade. Thanks!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
HankT wrote:
ed wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:

How many times have you gone there in the past?

Buy anything there?
What difference does it make, Hank?

Well, if ole ed had gone to the Blue Ridge Arsenal many times before, it would indicate that he liked the place. The range, the prices, the guns, ammo, whatever....would have provided satisfaction to him.

If that were true and the only thing that changed was ed finding out that the BRA owner voted for Obama and ed now promises to discontinue going to BRA....then a conclusion that ed doesn't want to go and get good stuff (range, guns, ammo, etc.) that previously satisfied him-solely because of the BRA owner's political affiliation-is supported.

Is that clear to you, TN?

I'm still wondering if ole ed was a customer of BRA in the past. What say you, ed?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

HankT wrote:
TexasNative wrote:
HankT wrote:
ed wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:

How many times have you gone there in the past?

Buy anything there?
What difference does it make, Hank?

Well, if ole ed had gone to the Blue Ridge Arsenal many times before, it would indicate that he liked the place. The range, the prices, the guns, ammo, whatever....would have provided satisfaction to him.

If that were true and the only thing that changed was ed finding out that the BRA owner voted for Obama and ed now promises to discontinue going to BRA....then a conclusion that ed doesn't want to go and get good stuff (range, guns, ammo, etc.) that previously satisfied him-solely because of the BRA owner's political affiliation-is supported.

Is that clear to you, TN?

I'm still wondering if ole ed was a customer of BRA in the past. What say you, ed?
I think you are presuming to much about Eds decision and again what difference does it make where and why Ed chooses to spend his money?

I won't speak for Ed but I will say it's easy to drive on by Blue Ridge and go to NRA's range and I can shoot at BRA free due to professional courtesy. The reasons are numerous, the owners political affiliation is the least of it.

TexasNative

imported post

HankT wrote:
Well, if ole ed blah blah blah I'll make up whatever thoughts or actions I feel like attributing to Ed.

If that were true and the only thing that changed was ed blah blah blah I'll make up some more stuff so I can build the strawman that I like and ed now blah blah I'll make up even more stuff....then a conclusion that ed blah blah blah and now I'll attribute more desires and actions to Ed, because I have to make stuff up since no one will actually say stuff that I want them to say so I can shoot it down.
There, fixed it for you, Hank, so others who haven't read your claptrap for very long can recognize your attempts to manipulate others' arguments, and putting words into their mouths, and deliberate attempts to mischaracterize the words and actions of others.

~ Boyd

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
HankT wrote:
Well, if ole ed blah blah blah I'll make up whatever thoughts or actions I feel like attributing to Ed.

If that were true and the only thing that changed was ed blah blah blah I'll make up some more stuff so I can build the strawman that I like and ed now blah blah I'll make up even more stuff....then a conclusion that ed blah blah blah and now I'll attribute more desires and actions to Ed, because I have to make stuff up since no one will actually say stuff that I want them to say so I can shoot it down.
There, fixed it for you, Hank, so others who haven't read your claptrap for very long can recognize your attempts to manipulate others' arguments, and putting words into their mouths, and deliberate attempts to mischaracterize the words and actions of others.
Whoa.....

Native getting restless...

zulu-warrior.jpg

:D