• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DirtyKoala is Off the Air!

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

You may have noticed that all of dirtykoala's posts have disappeared. He's decided to remove all posts after reading the California Public Records Act Request (CPRAR). I've received every Sunnyvale PD departmental email, memo, meeting minutes, etc. pertaining to "Open Carry" and "12031". These documents do not color the department well. DirtyKoala was implicated in many of the documents.

There is a clear effort (many hours, people and resources) to prosecute DirtyKoala and I (bad_ace) or any other open carrier in Sunnyvale solely for open carrying. Falsely applying PC148 or PC537e as a means to those ends.

Because many transcripts of this forums were in the documents I trust that DirtyKoala has chosen to distance himself from the Police department and cut off a channel of "INTEL" (their words).

Another Open Carrier mentioned by name is in a "Terrorism Threat Assessment"

That reminds me. Hello Lt. Drewniany, Captain Bouziane (hope your rib heals up nice), Deputy Chief Stivers, Chief Johnson, Captain Moretto, Lt. Fitzgerald, Carrion, Marshall, D'Alba, Binh, Barba, Fisher, Dale, etc, etc, etc. If you're reading this you are most likely in the top brass of the department. Take this moment to reflect... "Am I using my time here to fight crime?"

Because I know now that you and your department read this and my blog on a regular basis (only to save them to .pdf incase they are changed) I will from time to time wright you letters here, stay tuned ;)

When people told me to be careful what I post here as it will ALL be used against you by the same people that are supposed to protect you, I thought "You're paranoid, Police are not going to waste their time, they have criminals to catch". Well gentlemen... It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. :)

After I consult my attorney and the media I'll release the remainder of my findings.

Keep your head on a swivel and be safe.

Bad_Ace

Sons of Liberty

imported post

Now we will have to coin the phrases:

• Can anything good come from Sunnyvale?
  • Sunnyvale: a place where Constitutional expression is squelched.
  • Come to Sunnyvale and we'll find a reason to arrest you!
  • Fascism cannot hold a candle to life in Sunnyvale!
I hope you share with us the details.

coolusername2007

imported post

Hmmm, open carrier, terrorism threat assesment, thumbprints & ID'sfor lawful guns and ammo purchases, and the monitoring of the open forum message boards of lawful activities. Naaaa, no big brother issues here.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
You may have noticed that all of dirtykoala's posts have disappeared. He's decided to remove all posts after reading the California Public Records Act Request (CPRAR). I've received every Sunnyvale PD departmental email, memo, meeting minutes, etc. pertaining to "Open Carry" and "12031". These documents do not color the department well. DirtyKoala was implicated in many of the documents.

There is a clear effort (many hours, people and resources) to prosecute DirtyKoala and I (bad_ace) or any other open carrier in Sunnyvale solely for open carrying. Falsely applying PC148 or PC537e as a means to those ends.

Because many transcripts of this forums were in the documents I trust that DirtyKoala has chosen to distance himself from the Police department and cut off a channel of "INTEL" (their words).

That reminds me. Hello Lt. Drewniany, Captain Bouziane (hope your rib heals up nice), Deputy Chief Stivers, Chief Johnson, Captain Moretto, Lt. Fitzgerald, Carrion, Marshall, D'Alba, Binh, Barba, Fisher, Dale, etc, etc, etc. If you're reading this you are most likely in the top brass of the department. Take this moment to reflect... "Am I using my time here to fight crime?"

Because I know now that you and your department read this and my blog on a regular basis (only to save them to .pdf incase they are changed) I will from time to time wright you letters here, stay tuned ;)

When people told me to be careful what I post here as it will ALL be used against you by the same people that are supposed to protect you, I thought "You're paranoid, Police are not going to waste their time, they have criminals to catch". Well gentlemen... It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. :)

After I consult my attorney and the media I'll release the remainder of my findings.

Keep your head on a swivel and be safe.

Bad_Ace
Geez! I hope I didn't create a monster here.:cool:

You know, I have always hoped that Law enforcement read the forums. I also hope that if they do read the forums, that it doesn't contribute to any adversarial positions. I don't totally understand the circumstances, butI would like to see cops & carriers be treated with respect. There can't be an entire department out to get carriers, can there?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
They're watching us.

Seriously.
They always have been. Nobody has any right to be surprised that a public forum is... open to viewing by ANYBODY. We've always known we need to be cautious.

As long as you don't post anything incriminating (e.g. school-zone maps, stories about crime(s) you may have committed, etc), I don't see any reason to fear being monitored.

Now, we may have a right to be angry at the waste of our taxpayer dollars... but that's an issue that might be taken up in the news media, or at the next city hall meeting. Most cities are looking for places to cut back; sounds like Sunnyvale has so many cops they have nothing better to do than surf the internet on the job.

FYI, I'm the subject of that Sacramento Regional Terrorist Threat Unit memo. It is available on www.californiaopencarry.org. I'm rather proud of the fact that I am responsible (with a little help from the LE community) for getting word out to so many departments.

SouthBayr

imported post

Well if this is the case then I guess all my shopping dollars will go to neighboring cities.

If Sunnyvale is out to get law abiding citizens then I guess it's safe to make sure I don't enter the city limits and spend all my $$$ elsewhere.

I realize my sales tax revenue won't bankrupt the city, but every penny counts.

The other group I'm a part of has boycotted Fremont for the same friendliness shown towards us car guys by the local officers. I will say that there are a few dollars they are missing on sales tax revenue.

Well I guess I'll add Sunnyvale to the list, and I really enjoyed Murphy Street.

bad_ace

imported post

CA_Libertarian's right, no one should be surprised that the forum is public. Most of use just held out hope that the information about meet-ups and philanthropic events (trash pick-ups, food drives) wouldn't be agendas at the police chiefs meetings. With the police planning to contact and arrest if possible. Then later accusing us of wanting to "goat them into responding by OCing in public"

SDPISTOLGRIP, the issue here is that dirtykoala has gone about his lawful business while open carrying for many months, frequenting coffee shops, restaurants, businesses, etc. without harassment by the police or "panic" by the public. Then the few times he made his whereabouts known ahead of time on the forum the police responded (6 cruisers 8 officers) sometimes within 5 mins of scheduled time. In one incident violating his rights.

Good people of Sunnyvale DPS, it's good that you are aware of 42 U.S.C. § 1983. Please make it your mantra, repeat it to yourselves a few times before you exit your vehicle if you ever want to talk to me in public.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
I guess I am lost here. Can anyone tell me what happened to dirtykoala? What was the aleged issue? Thank you.
From the first post:

bad_ace wrote:

I read that as saying some officers among the Sunnyvale PD have been accumulating information on individuals in an effort to persecute (i.e. maliciously prosecute and/or harass/intimidate) them.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Then the few times he made his whereabouts known ahead of time on the forum the police responded (6 cruisers 8 officers) sometimes within 5 mins of scheduled time. In one incident violating his rights.

Which also shouldn't surprise us. We know from experience that the officers that wish to trample our rights prey on solo carriers, while avoiding groups of even 3 or 4. Solo carriers should never post their whereabouts until they're safely back home.

We should NOT be afraid to post event info for large events, but still be wary that they may stalk about the parking lot in hopes of finding a straggler heading to their car.

Good people of Sunnyvale DPS, it's good that you are aware of 42 U.S.C. § 1983. Please make it your mantra, repeat it to yourselves a few times before you exit your vehicle if you ever want to talk to me in public.
This is the main reason we don't need to fear the bad apples at Sunnyvale (or any other) PD. Wary, perhaps, but not fearful. The good cops have no reason to fear us, as they won't be looking for opportunities to violate our rights. The bad cops, however, rightfully know we're a threat to their way of life. They know that any time they approach one of us, they're putting their career, their family home, their car(s)... all on the line.

Contrary to the inane rantings of the various memo-writers, we are not trying to provoke them. If that were the case, I'm sure at least one of us would have filed suit by now. However, they know we are aware of our legal recourse, and that in federal court, even their purported power under 12031(e) is null and void. Terry v Ohio is "settled law" - no immunity for them on that issue. They're looking at strict liability, for them individually, and their department/city.

They know that in federal court good will prevail.
Rightfully, this strikes fear into the hearts of evil men.

Carry on.

bigtoe416

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Can't wait to see what you got from the PRARs.

This behavior from the thugs of Sunnyvale (minus the one Lt. who was an exemplary officer when he conducted the first 12031(e) checks) is extremely repulsive.

Having grown up around cops, I will say that sometimes they begin to see everything as an "us versus them" issue. Lawful citizens who legally carry guns are probably looked upon as people who just haven't become a criminal yet. We're not. We are exercising our rights to prevent a distopian society. When we do things wrong, we are punished for our actions, whether we knew it was "wrong" or not. We're not the ones who get a slap on the wrist when we run over people on bicycles, or accidentally shoot somebody in the back, or beat somebody senseless just off camera.

Events like the G20 protests in Pittsburgh only serve to reinforce resistance to police authority. Evidence that the Sunnyvale police are monitoring law abiding citizens, harassing them, and knowingly violating established case law strengthens my resolve to not be intimidated by anybody claiming power over me. The laws do not begin and end with the police. The laws are enacted by the people themselves. Some police officers may scoff at that idea as a quaint notion, but it is absolutely what I believe, and what I will always believe.

Please don't look upon this post as being a slam against police officers in general. There are certainly police officers who act above and beyond the call of duty and should be noted for their excellence. Cato is a great example of one of these men. If Sunnyvale PD could educate themselves out of their current trend to make the city that they patrol a police state, they may re-earn my trust. Until then, there may as well be a plague on the entire city.

suntzu

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
I would submit that the biggest threat to our way of life does not reside in some foreign nation, but it resides in the seat of power in this country--in out of control government, and out of control law enforcement who thinks that they can say and do anything they want and get away with it.

we need MORE checks and balances upon the power of all government, not less. I would personally like to see civilian review boards with REAL power over the police pop up in every city, both small and large throughout this land--and to have the ability to take cases against individual officers to the grand jury without having to go through the district attorney.

dirtykoala

imported post

ill be lurking here, but dedicating most of my efforts to actively UOCing. Ill try to give my input when I feel that I can help here, but I thinkI know everything I need to know to UOC safely and accurately discuss UOC to interested peoples.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow. How did I miss this thread. bad_ace, doesn't this go completely contrary to everything stated in the Sunnyvale memo you posted? Is there a disconnect in that department? Or was that memo a reaction to bad behavior in the department? Confused...

bad_ace

imported post

The memo is a published document, some care went into preparing it. Also the author knew it was likely to see the light of day and needed to be the thought out policy of the department.

The internal, back and forth emails have a different spirit, more akin to the authors frank opinion stated in the memo. When you don't think anyone will read your interdepartmental emails more truth comes out.