• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun Treaty next?

SlowDog

imported post

I did some research as to how we could lose our 2nd amendment rights and become a unarmed society. Of course we know it takes a ratification of 36 states to change the constitution right? Wrong!! It can also be a treaty signed with a anti-gun liberal house, senate and president. Well this video clip I just found shows I wasn't as crazy as the people have been telling me over the past 2 years. If this treaty is passed then they can go for anything they want in the UN!! All I can say is PAY CLOSE ATTENTION PEOPLE!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5kJ5bt5-wI

SlowDog

imported post

In a nutshell....YES! Per the Constitution, any treaty signed by the President & House supersedes the Constitution. Thus he will be signing away our sovereignty and is just one step from UN forcing it's diarmament treaty down our throats.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

SlowDog wrote:
In a nutshell....YES! Per the Constitution, any treaty signed by the President & House supersedes the Constitution. Thus he will be signing away our sovereignty and is just one step from UN forcing it's diarmament treaty down our throats.
Imagine what would happen when some UN solider from ubetchacan knocks on your door and demands to come in your house. Wolverines!

PDinDetroit

imported post

Venator wrote:
SlowDog wrote:
Imagine what would happen when some UN solider from ubetchacan knocks on your door and demands to come in your house. Wolverines!
And aren't they remaking that movie locally right now???

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
Venator wrote:
SlowDog wrote:
Yes but it's the Chinese that are invading. They should be wrapping up filming in Detroit soon. I heard they may do some UP filming this winter.

SlowDog

imported post

Venator wrote:
PDinDetroit wrote:
Venator wrote:
SlowDog wrote:
Yes but it's the Chinese that are invading. They should be wrapping up filming in Detroit soon. I heard they may do some UP filming this winter.
I honestly believe we are on a fast pace to said scenario. When I was in the Military and traveled through different countries I saw first they signed treaties with the UN and then were disarmed. Usually the disarming caused millions of dead or wounded. Then came total Government Control. Call me crazy but history doesn't lie.....just sayin....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Relax, fellas. This is not likely to be the avenue they try.

Anybody who does has to convince a lot of intellectuals that the fedgov can nullify an enumerated right via the treaty power. I have seen this discussed more than once on intellectual-type blogs.

The bottom line in intellectual thought today is that the fedgov cannot ratify a treaty or treaty provision that does something the fedgov does not already have the constitutional power to do. Meaning, if the fedgov does not have the power to nullify the 2A, it does not have the power toget rid of it by treaty.

I have seen this issue come up from time to time in the last 2-3 years. No need to worry about it. I'd chalk it up to the same likelihood as the fedgov just declaring the 2A a dead letter, something Scalia expressly denied having the power to do in Heller.

Anti-gun politicians may nibble at the edges through treaty power, but even that can be fought in court.

And, even if the fedgov did treaty it away, they still have to come and take possession of the guns, in which case Lexington Green and Concord Bridge apply. It would just be another way of declaring the same thing--give up your guns. And we already know the appropriate reply to that, "Molon Labe!"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Here is the exact draft of the treaty itself. You don't believe it read it for yourself!

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13459002/The-Copenhagen-Climate-Change-Treaty-Draft-Sept-15-2009

Its bad enough; but take a deep breath for a moment, and check it out further via internet searches. Read up on it on some level-headed blogs.

First of all, its not ceding the entirety of our sovereignty to a foreign entity. It may well be anotherfoot-in-the-door; but, that already happened in the 80's or 90's with the World Trade Organization.(Buy and read Ron Paul's excellent book The Revolution.)

Second, I missed the part about guns. Its about so-called climate issues and related hornswoggle.

Third, even Lord Monckton seems to be forgetting to checkon whether Congress can treaty away something it doesn't have the power todo otherwise. He's aBrit, so I can understand a little incomplete understanding on his part.

SlowDog

imported post

Thanks Mike for the link. Everyone has been calling me crazy for over 2 years because I have been "preaching" this. I love it when someone says "Never Happen" Putting ones head in the sand is just a great way to live......:banghead:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Thanks Mike for the link. Everyone has been calling me crazy for over 2 years because I have been "preaching" this. I love it when someone says "Never Happen" Putting ones head in the sand is just a great way to live......:banghead:

What is the "this" that you are talking about?

Treaty power abuse in general?

Or, treaty power regarding losing our 2A rights?

You OP casts it entirely in terms of 2A.

mikestilly

imported post

After watching this radical liberal super left government nothing surprises me. Michigan is f'ed if we dont get a good republican governor. Currently they are talking about taxing the crap out of us! We've planned on moving to Texas as soon as my son is out of school and off to college. Why is Michigan so F'ed Democrat's tax & spend for 10 years. Granmole gave us the largest business tax increase in the history of the state but gave hand outs to Hollywood to shoot movies here yet 99% of the businesses out there have been beat to death. My last push for Michigan is to do all that I can to get Mike Cox in the governors seat. I don't expect much out of Michigan's mostly moronic voting block. 2 terms for Kwame & Granmole and people fleeing the state in line with New York, New Jersey, and Kalifornia.

Mike

PS: Read the treaty -- Alert: Page 122, Item 17 --- 17. [[Developed [and developing] countries] [Developed and developing country Parties] [All Parties] [shall] [should]:] (a) Compensate for damage to the LDCs’ economy and also compensate for lost opportunities, resources, lives, land and dignity, as many will become environmental refugees; (b) Africa, in the context of environmental justice, should be equitably compensated for environmental, social and economic losses arising from the implementation of response measures.

malignity

imported post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ anyone?

That'll will be every man's thought when the government comes and tries to take our guns. Good luck trying to convince the military to turn on their own mothers, fathers, brothers, kids, etc.

The 'government' can bark orders all they want. It ain't gonna happen unless they want Civil War 2.

SlowDog

imported post

OK...this is very easy....when an disarmament treaty is signed with the UN the UN can send UN PEACEKEEPER troops door to door to confiscate your weapons. <I KNOW I KNOW> from your cold dead fingers....when they pull up in the armored personnel carrier and swing that 25mm bushmaster towards your wife & kids the "KNOWN" guns go bye bye. In almost every country where the UN enforced a "treaty disarmament" it wasn't that countries troops....it was UN troops.
Everyone says it can't happen here....YES IT CAN! Anyone with a computer and is not blinded by their inability to look past our shores can see it has happened to several countries. But then again....there are people reding this that is saying to themselves "Never Happen Here"......

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SlowDog wrote:
OK...this is very easy....when an disarmament treaty is signed with the UN the UN can send UN PEACEKEEPER troops door to door to confiscate your weapons. <I KNOW I KNOW> from your cold dead fingers....when they pull up in the armored personnel carrier and swing that 25mm bushmaster towards your wife & kids the "KNOWN" guns go bye bye. In almost every country where the UN enforced a "treaty disarmament" it wasn't that countries troops....it was UN troops.
Everyone says it can't happen here....YES IT CAN! Anyone with a computer and is not blinded by their inability to look past our shores can see it has happened to several countries. But then again....there are people reding this that is saying to themselves "Never Happen Here"......
Of course, it can happen here. It can happen anywhere. However, by the time we've got UN troops disarming American citizens, the Constitution is totally gone anyway, and all bets are off.

Any UN troops pointing 25mm guns at American citizens on American soil will have already learned to keep their heads down because the civil war will have already begun.

You sound to me like you want to talk nearly doomsday scenarios. Anything is possible, but we've got a long ways to go--deterioration-wise, not necessarily time-wise--before that one happens.

malignity

imported post

SlowDog wrote:

You think even AMERICAN troops will stand for that? Every American troop I know sure as hell would raise arms against that sort of bull@#$%. If it comes down to USA vs. UN, then so be it I guess. Trying to take the guns away from the American people is like trying to fight Al-Queda. IT ISN'T POSSIBLE TO WIN when every man, woman and child is your enemy. You can't ever get them all. We'll move, shift, and hide, and then retaliate when the time is right.

G

imported post

malignity wrote:
SlowDog wrote:

You think even AMERICAN troops will stand for that?
Why not? Wasn't it the Oklahoma National Guard, along with the Kalifornia Highway Patrol, doing the gun confiscation in New Orleans after Katrina?