• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun Treaty next?

malignity

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Why not? Wasn't it the Oklahoma National Guard, along with the Kalifornia Highway Patrol, doing the gun confiscation in New Orleans after Katrina?

In one city. Not nationwide. The moment they try and do that nationwide, I can guarantee you that every man, woman and child will uprise. This nation was built on firearms. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ.

G

imported post

malignity wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Why not? Wasn't it the Oklahoma National Guard, along with the Kalifornia Highway Patrol, doing the gun confiscation in New Orleans after Katrina?

In one city. Not nationwide. The moment they try and do that nationwide, I can guarantee you that every man, woman and child will uprise. This nation was built on firearms. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ.
How many people own guns?

malignity

imported post

In 2008, some sources claimed as high as 50% AFAIK. Since nObama took over, he's been the #1 gun salesman in the united states, so probably MUCH higher by now.

malignity

imported post

obama-gun-salesman.jpg

lapeer20m

imported post

i find total gun confiscation program by the government or un troops a very unlikely scenario. This type of gun grab would be met by fierce resistance/opposition by the american people creating the next not so civil war. Their best chance of success would be to couple the gun grab with a total media/internet blackout. If people knew what was happening, they would ban together. Strength in numbers! if the enemy were to target people one at a time, it would be easy for them to take the guns. If the enemy comes to a town and finds 10,000 armed angry citizens, it would be a different ball game.

[align=center]"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
[/align] - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

G

imported post

malignity wrote:
In 2008, some sources claimed as high as 50% AFAIK. Since nObama took over, he's been the #1 gun salesman in the united states, so probably MUCH higher by now.
Not nearly as high as you think.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/20098/gun-ownership-use-america.aspx

Confiscation, one town at a time, one city at a time, one home at a time is more conceivable. How many people got in an uproar over the Katrina gun grab? It won't be some foreign force invading. It'll be our own domestic police departments and guard units doing it under the guise of some public emergency. Think about it... why all the hype about swine flu? Who would resist the local gendarme in the face of a public health matter? There's a cop in every cruiser just waiting for an excuse to tuck his pants into his boots.

"I'm putting these handcuffs on you for your protection as well as mine.

Please don't resist. I'm only doing my job."

[quicktime=320,256]http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/CV67PAT/ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg[/quicktime]

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

SlowDog

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
i find total gun confiscation program by the government or un troops a very unlikely scenario. This type of gun grab would be met by fierce resistance/opposition by the american people creating the next not so civil war. Their best chance of success would be to couple the gun grab with a total media/internet blackout. If people knew what was happening, they would ban together. Strength in numbers! if the enemy were to target people one at a time, it would be easy for them to take the guns. If the enemy comes to a town and finds 10,000 armed angry citizens, it would be a different ball game.

In case no one is paying attention here, the President has asked for the "Emergency Power" to be able to shut down the internet for our "safety" in a time of perceived emergency. And, everything we do now is over the internet. Our news, our phones, our banking, our ways to communicate with each other. Think about it. almost everything goes through hi speed internet at some point.

And just because they come to a town and find 10,000 angry citizens is not gonna stop armor. Remember tienamen square?
I am not trying to sound all "dooms day " like but people are not paying attention in America. Half of our Government right now thinks having us become socialized is a good thing. Some of them even are quoting Mao Tse-tung as a great political thinker and strategist. That Castro's Cuba's health care system and way of life is great! Come on people!! I started this thread because it is happening right here under your very noses and your all acting like .....again...."Can't Happen Here"!!.....well it is...and hardly anyone see's it.....just sayin.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

G

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:

In case no one is paying attention here, the President has asked for the "Emergency Power" to be able to shut down the internet for our "safety" in a time of perceived emergency. And, everything we do now is over the internet. Our news, our phones, our banking, our ways to communicate with each other. Think about it. almost everything goes through hi speed internet at some point.

And just because they come to a town and find 10,000 angry citizens is not gonna stop armor. Remember tienamen square?
I am not trying to sound all "dooms day " like but people are not paying attention in America. Half of our Government right now thinks having us become socialized is a good thing. Some of them even are quoting Mao Tse-tung as a great political thinker and strategist. That Castro's Cuba's health care system and way of life is great! Come on people!! I started this thread because it is happening right here under your very noses and your all acting like .....again...."Can't Happen Here"!!.....well it is...and hardly anyone see's it.....just sayin.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
This is my point too.

It's happening from within.

And, if the bank's computers don't work, they are limited to only having to give you $300.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

In my opinion they won't come to our houses and take our guns. All they have to do is out-law them. Then slowly (They have time) go around and arrest those that have guns. They arrest you at work, in a restaurant, on the street. Nice and quite and without any fuss. The plan is to make illegal what was once legal. This will make law abiding citizens criminals overnight.

They just have to keep burning the edges of the 2A until it quietly disappears in a puff of smoke....Puff all gone... It's the going out with a whimper rather than a bang idea.

drew68

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
I started this thread because it is happening right here under your very noses and your all acting like .....again...."Can't Happen Here"!!.....well it is...and hardly anyone see's it.....just sayin.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I agree that it is happening right now, but the question from me would be, what can we do about it? They don't listen to us in Washington at all. What was it, 100,000 calls to 1 against the tarp bill and that passed anyway with the majority of Americans against it. They have their own agenda of what is best for us and we can't seem to change that.

G

imported post

Venator wrote:
In my opinion they won't come to our houses and take our guns. All they have to do is out-law them. Then slowly (They have time) go around and arrest those that have guns. They arrest you at work, in a restaurant, on the street. Nice and quite and without any fuss. The plan is to make illegal what was once legal. This will make law abiding citizens criminals overnight.

They just have to keep burning the edges of the 2A until it quietly disappears in a puff of smoke....Puff all gone... It's the going out with a whimper rather than a bang idea.
THIS ^!!!
Government has little control over law abiding citizens. Therefore, the more laws they enact for us to break, the easier it is to control us criminals.

They can come to the house too. Don't kid yourself. Arsenal permits?

Knock Knock Knock

Hello Mr Public.
I'm Special Agent Smith and this is Special Agent Jones.
We're here to do your annual Arsenal Permit compliance inspection.
We're sorry. We didn't mean to interupt yopur dinner. Cute kids you have.
Let's see what you've got.
I'm sorry Mr Public. That pistol there is not stored in accordance with the requirements of you permit. We have to think of the children.
Your arsenal permit is hereby revoked pending a hearing.
Please don't resist Mr Public. Think of the children. I'm putting these handcuffs on you for you protection as well as mine.

Get the picture? Just like Venator said, they'll catch us at a weak moment with our family at our side. And poof it's done.

No macho "Come and take em".

Nothing more than a simple traffic stop.

Look what they'll go through just to get a half ounce of pot.

G

imported post

drew68 wrote:
SlowDog wrote:
I started this thread because it is happening right here under your very noses and your all acting like .....again...."Can't Happen Here"!!.....well it is...and hardly anyone see's it.....just sayin.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I agree that it is happening right now, but the question from me would be, what can we do about it? They don't listen to us in Washington at all. What was it, 100,000 calls to 1 against the tarp bill and that passed anyway with the majority of Americans against it. They have their own agenda of what is best for us and we can't seem to change that.
Did you hear the media hype?

"It's time for Congress to do what's right, instead of listening to the uninformed public."

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

drew68 wrote:
SlowDog wrote:

This is how one of the Founders viewed this, and his solution:

...Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament.

Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne...

...There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston!...

...Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

I am not advocating an armed uprising. I am highlighting the similarities between then and now. And saying, armed revolt is nearly inevitable if the fedgov does not change its ways. Sooner or later, Americans are going to stop putting up with it.

I suspect sooner, based on the similarities between then and now. But, I still advocate for the ballot box and such other means at our disposal as can be gotten into practice, for example jury nullification.

Veritas

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
How many people own guns?
It's been awhile since I've investigated the numbers, but if memory serves, I think it's in the ballpark of 80 million people (in America, at least). These, to my knowledge, are just the REGISTERED owners. Most long guns are not registered; nevermind the number of unregistered firearms that fall outside the realm of long arms.

And of those 80 million people, most of them own more than one firearm. I believe the average is around 4 each. So figure you've got about 200 million registered firearms... but probably something closer to 320 million total firearms floating around in America. Figure there are just over 300 million Americans, and you'll see that there are enough firearms for every man, woman, and child in this country. Although more conservative estimates put this figure at 9 firearms for every 10 people. We are the most well armed nation in the world... I believe India and China are distance followers with something like 2 or 3 firearms per 10 people.

We, the People, may not have tanks, smart bombs, choppers, armored personnel carriers, etc, etc. But neither do insurgents in Iraq of Afghanistan, and yet some of the best equipped militaries in the world cannot unseat them. At the same time, those people overseas have a lot more resolve than many folks here at home. Their willing to fight harder and go to greater lengths for their beliefs than most Americans.

However, IF this sort of situation were to ever unfold in America, I don't think it's far fetched to believe that a good number of Americans would dig deep and find that resolve to defend what they believe is right. Of the 80 million registered firearm owners in America, figure that even if 80% of them roll over and give up; there would still be 16 million gun owners equipped with approximately 64 million firearms. Figure, marginally, that they hand off one of their 4 firearms to just one interested party who, before the proverbial shit hit the fan, had no desire to carry a weapon... now you've got 32 million Americans carrying about 64 million firearms.

Figure there are approximately 800,000 total law enforcement personnel in America (total, across all agencies, including federal State, county, and local) and a total military force of about 1.5 million troops. That's about 2.3 million professionally trained and armed people. Figure that even if only 20% of them abandon their post in the event they are ordered to turn on the people, and that number shrinks to 1.84 million. Even if only 50% of that 20% who refuse to follow illegal orders take up arms with the 20% of armed citizens, you've just added another 230,000 professionally armed and trained people to the resistance.

I don't know the number of UN troops in the world, but figure that the US is second in troop strength only to China (with about 2.5 million)... with India coming in a close second with about 1.1 million. Even if you combine the total fighting force of China and India, in conjunction with what's left of the American troops who choose to obey illegal orders... and you stand to face a force of about 5.5 million soldiers.

5.5 million solders against 32 million Americans, conservatively. Remember US/Viet Nam conflict, Russian/Afghan war, US/Afghan conflict, US/Iraq conflict, etc, etc... you'll realize that even well-oiled war machines cannot unseat armed civilians with an agenda to remain sovereign.

It is my belief that we, the gun owners of America, are the primary reason why America has remained as free as she has for the last 230 years. We are the reason that foreign nations haven't come knocking on our doors demanding payment for our debts. Whether you know it or not... whether you believe it or not... whether you'd ever take up arms to defend your country or not... as a gun owner, you are the reason for the security of the American people. It's not the military, although they get much of the glory for having done most of the fighting. It is not the fight that we bring that keeps us safe... but the fight we CAN bring if we are pushed to that limit.

There isn't enough manpower in the WORLD to disarm American citizens. Not unless we all, collectively, roll over and hand our weapons over. If the time ever comes where weapon ownership is declared illegal (God forbid), there will be those who give in, and there will be those who refuse. There will also be those in the middle who give up their registered arms, but keep those that may be unregistered "just in case". But we will NEVER be fully disarmed. And I truly believe that any attempt to do so would be a declaration of war upon the American people.

UN on American soil? That much I believe can happen someday. But I also believe that the collective nations sending UN troops here will soon call them back once they realize they've bitten off a little more than they can chew. Call it a second Revolution if you want. Call it Civil War II. Call it World War III. But when it's all said and done, the collective People will not lose. Not unless we're nuked off the face of the planet. In which case, even the snob-asses in Washington would fight to prevent THAT from happening.

Long story short: Relax, folks. Things will happen as they should. And while not everyone will make it through if things DO come to this, overall we will win. I have to believe in my heart of hearts that anyone who would seek to ignite such a war has already thought these things through... so hopefully it never happens. But then again, we're talking about the same sort of people who keep trying it over and over again in foreign nations.

Veritas

imported post

Venator wrote:
This is the way the world ends.

Not with a bang but a whimper.

These famous lines written by TS Eliot do not necessarily refer to the end of the world, per se... but to the start of a new beginning. Some suggest that the "whimper" may refer to a crying baby... as if to signify a new birth.

Much the same that the Mayan's "end of time" prophecy may not necessarily refer to the end of time... but to the start of a new era.

This said, if 2A is burnt to the point of complete exhaustion... it may not necessarily mean the end of our rights (see my previous post), but to the start of a new beginning. A new Revolution.

As BOC says, "Don't Fear the Reaper". The end of one thing is merely the beginning of something new. I choose to view the end of something bad as the start of something positive.

malignity

imported post

Let's be honest here though. Polls on gun ownership don't mean shit as far as how many gun owners in the united states there are.

On EVERY SINGLE poll that has ever asked me if I own a gun, including my health insurance, home insurance, etc. I've answered the question as either a blank, or a no, because quite frankly, it's none of their ******* business what I own. I believe that many people also have this mentality. You can't separate americans and their guns unless you plan on bringing the biggest war in world history. I damn well know that the day they come knocking and taking them away is the day I start handing them out to people who don't have them in order to join the resistance.