Thread: 27 October Virginia Open Carry Day. Tell Deeds and Obama what you think of their loophole crap.

Post imported post

Creigh Deeds has announced that on 27 October he will be campaigning with President Obama in Virginia. This is a perfect opportunity to promote open carry. They have not yet announced where they will be campaigning, but we should plan to be there.

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar

Remember,Creigh Deeds wants to turn gun collectors into criminals.

Edit: Just in from Fox News: http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/...atorial-races/
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

This ought to drop his numbers even more in the polls. I thought he was trying to distance himself from the Obamination and ObamMao in particular.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

They are scheduled to make an appearance at ODU.
    http://hamptonroads.com/2009/10/obam...-odu-next-week

Post imported post

I've been getting daily emails for the past week from the Obama camp begging folks to do door knocking for this guy.

Post imported post

any more updates for where and when?

Post imported post

Deeds has Clinton stumping for him too. I wonder if people like the 'change' they voted in last year...
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Last I checked, Deeds numbers have been steadily falling, so they are doing anything to try to turn it around.

Post imported post

All of his "advertisements" on television (even the mudslinging ones) convince me he's a tool.

Of course, McDonnell is only marginally better.

Why is there no Libertarian or Constitution Party candidate? It's bollocks.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    All of his "advertisements" on television (even the mudslinging ones) convince me he's a tool.

Of course, McDonnell is only marginally better.

Why is there no Libertarian or Constitution Party candidate? It's bollocks.
    I am a Libertarian. To answer your question, it is extremely difficult for any party except the democrat or republican party to get on a state wide ballot in Virginia.

Be thankful that John Redpath, a Virginia Libertarian, is not on the ballotfor Governor. He was the Libertarian candidate for Senator last year. Hewould get a lower Gun rights rating than the republican or the democrat.Imagine that. Redpath is now the National Chairman for the Libertarians.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

cbackous wrote:
    any more updates for where and when?
    As of 11:30 Thursday the time of the visit was still not published.

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Now correct me if Im wrong, it happens often these days.

Dont I remember the big fuss over the guy that OC'd an AR to an Obama rally in Arizona? And some secret service were claiming anywhere the president goes the land becomes Federal temporarily and that would mean we couldnt OC?
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    Don't I remember the big fuss over the guy that OC'd an AR to an Obama rally in Arizona? And some secret service were claiming anywhere the president goes the land becomes Federal temporarily and that would mean we couldn't OC?
    I think it's a golden opportunity to test the theory.

If enough people are present and lawfully armed, there won't be enough SS (curious abbreviation, don't you think) to enforce their illegal traveling mandates.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    Don't I remember the big fuss over the guy that OC'd an AR to an Obama rally in Arizona? And some secret service were claiming anywhere the president goes the land becomes Federal temporarily and that would mean we couldn't OC?
    I think it's a golden opportunity to test the theory.

If enough people are present and lawfully armed, there won't be enough SS (curious abbreviation, don't you think) to enforce their illegal traveling mandates.
    Ah! Well played man, well played. That would be interesting. News coverage would be epic.
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Post imported post

You can carry outside the security perimitter. Just as those at the other rallies did. They were watched but not harassed. I believe the SS stated that as long as they didn't try to enter the secured area they were within their rights to carry.

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    Now correct me if Im wrong, it happens often these days.

Dont I remember the big fuss over the guy that OC'd an AR to an Obama rally in Arizona? And some secret service were claiming anywhere the president goes the land becomes Federal temporarily and that would mean we couldnt OC?
    Secret Service said the opposite actually. They said that they were fine with as it was legal in Arizona and that they did not consider the man to be a threat as he wasn't trying to enter the secured area. That's not to say that he wasn't being watched intensely, though.

I believe it was a lady in DC that said the President should basically have a roaming gun free zone around him at all times. I forget what her ties are/were to the gub'mint and I cannot find her name nor an exact quote. I think it might have had mention in a previous VCDL VA-ALERT email though.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Deed's campaign has fallen into the toilet and just waiting to be flushed.

I do not wish to bring any additional publicity to this event or add any fuel to their fire so will not attend. I prefer to pick when and where I will make a statement and this one IMHO is not worth it. The fight is already over re Deeds and O_mama will get the message loud and clear from the elections.

Wouldn't it be a shame if they threw a party and nobody came.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Just got this in my ODU email.

"First Batch of Tickets for Obama Event Available to Students FridaySponsors of President Barack Obama's visit to Old Dominion University next week will be handing out an initial batch of 100 tickets to the event to ODU students at noon Friday, Oct. 23, at the Webb Center Information Desk.
    The tickets, the first of 1,500 tickets that will be available to the ODU community, will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis to students with a valid ODU ID. The remainder of the tickets will be distributed Monday, at a time and location to be determined, to ODU faculty, staff and students with a valid ID.
    President Barack Obama will visit ODU's Ted Constant Convocation Center Tuesday, Oct. 27, as part of a series of campaign support stops prior to the upcoming November elections.
    Sponsored by the Democratic nominee for governor Creigh Deeds campaign, the event will take place Tuesday afternoon, with specific times to be announced. The event is free and open to the public, but tickets are required for admission.
    Additional details on event parking, street closures and start time will be posted in the coming dayson the ODU web site."

Post imported post

curtiswr wrote:
    I believe it was a lady in DC that said the President should basically have a roaming gun free zone around him at all times. I forget what her ties are/were to the gub'mint and I cannot find her name nor an exact quote. I think it might have had mention in a previous VCDL VA-ALERT email though.
    It was Eleanor Norton, D.C.'s non-voting congresswoman.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/08...t-against-nra/