• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

27 October Virginia Open Carry Day. Tell Deeds and Obama what you think of their loophole crap.

Thundar

vt800c

imported post

Deeds has Clinton stumping for him too. I wonder if people like the 'change' they voted in last year...

wylde007

imported post

All of his "advertisements" on television (even the mudslinging ones) convince me he's a tool.

Of course, McDonnell is only marginally better.

Why is there no Libertarian or Constitution Party candidate? It's bollocks.

Thundar

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
All of his "advertisements" on television (even the mudslinging ones) convince me he's a tool.

Of course, McDonnell is only marginally better.

Why is there no Libertarian or Constitution Party candidate? It's bollocks.

I am a Libertarian. To answer your question, it is extremely difficult for any party except the democrat or republican party to get on a state wide ballot in Virginia.

Be thankful that John Redpath, a Virginia Libertarian, is not on the ballotfor Governor. He was the Libertarian candidate for Senator last year. Hewould get a lower Gun rights rating than the republican or the democrat.Imagine that. Redpath is now the National Chairman for the Libertarians.

wylde007

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
Don't I remember the big fuss over the guy that OC'd an AR to an Obama rally in Arizona? And some secret service were claiming anywhere the president goes the land becomes Federal temporarily and that would mean we couldn't OC?
I think it's a golden opportunity to test the theory.

If enough people are present and lawfully armed, there won't be enough SS (curious abbreviation, don't you think) to enforce their illegal traveling mandates.

NightmareSHANIQUA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, US
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
Don't I remember the big fuss over the guy that OC'd an AR to an Obama rally in Arizona? And some secret service were claiming anywhere the president goes the land becomes Federal temporarily and that would mean we couldn't OC?
I think it's a golden opportunity to test the theory.

If enough people are present and lawfully armed, there won't be enough SS (curious abbreviation, don't you think) to enforce their illegal traveling mandates.
Ah! Well played man, well played. That would be interesting. News coverage would be epic.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You can carry outside the security perimitter. Just as those at the other rallies did. They were watched but not harassed. I believe the SS stated that as long as they didn't try to enter the secured area they were within their rights to carry.

curtiswr

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
Now correct me if Im wrong, it happens often these days.

Dont I remember the big fuss over the guy that OC'd an AR to an Obama rally in Arizona? And some secret service were claiming anywhere the president goes the land becomes Federal temporarily and that would mean we couldnt OC?

Secret Service said the opposite actually. They said that they were fine with as it was legal in Arizona and that they did not consider the man to be a threat as he wasn't trying to enter the secured area. That's not to say that he wasn't being watched intensely, though.

I believe it was a lady in DC that said the President should basically have a roaming gun free zone around him at all times. I forget what her ties are/were to the gub'mint and I cannot find her name nor an exact quote. I think it might have had mention in a previous VCDL VA-ALERT email though.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Deed's campaign has fallen into the toilet and just waiting to be flushed.

I do not wish to bring any additional publicity to this event or add any fuel to their fire so will not attend. I prefer to pick when and where I will make a statement and this one IMHO is not worth it. The fight is already over re Deeds and O_mama will get the message loud and clear from the elections.

Wouldn't it be a shame if they threw a party and nobody came. :cool:

Yata hey

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Just got this in my ODU email.

"[font="Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"]First Batch of Tickets for Obama Event Available to Students FridaySponsors of President Barack Obama's visit to Old Dominion University next week will be handing out an initial batch of 100 tickets to the event to ODU students at noon Friday, Oct. 23, at the Webb Center Information Desk.
The tickets, the first of 1,500 tickets that will be available to the ODU community, will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis to students with a valid ODU ID. The remainder of the tickets will be distributed Monday, at a time and location to be determined, to ODU faculty, staff and students with a valid ID.
President Barack Obama will visit ODU's Ted Constant Convocation Center Tuesday, Oct. 27, as part of a series of campaign support stops prior to the upcoming November elections.
Sponsored by the Democratic nominee for governor Creigh Deeds campaign, the event will take place Tuesday afternoon, with specific times to be announced. The event is free and open to the public, but tickets are required for admission.
Additional details on event parking, street closures and start time will be posted in the coming dayson the ODU web site."
[/font]

raftgyde

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
I believe it was a lady in DC that said the President should basically have a roaming gun free zone around him at all times. I forget what her ties are/were to the gub'mint and I cannot find her name nor an exact quote. I think it might have had mention in a previous VCDL VA-ALERT email though.
It was Eleanor Norton, D.C.'s non-voting congresswoman.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/08/20/eleanor-holmes-norton-cites-obamas-safety-in-fight-against-nra/