Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Event - Old Dominion University - 27 October - YIPEEEE!!!!

Post imported post

This is great news!!!! The Deeds/Obama event will be at a public venue which is not a K-12 school......so we can ope carry while we waive pro gun signs .

Yeah, I know we can't get into the secure area, but We will be seen and I think we will get media attention.

TPMDC

Obama, Deeds Choose Norfolk For Rally Tuesday
    Christina Bellantoni | October 21, 2009, 11:44AM

TPMDC has learned President Obama will campaign with gubernatorial candidate Creigh Deeds (D-VA) at Old Dominion University in Norfolk next Tuesday.

The campaign announced Friday that Obama would be hitting the trail with a to-be-determined location. Michelle Obama did an event at ODU last fall to court military families.

Turnout is critical in Virginia with Deeds so far behind in the polls and less than two weeks to go before the election.

The presidential rally in Norfolk is a double whammy that allows the team to reach both young college voters and black voters, demographic groups that helped Obama win big in Virginia last fall.

It also helps Deeds in optics since some wondered if Obama would just cross the Potomac for a short hop.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

It will be at the Ted Constant Convocation Center. I know this place, been there often. Lots of opportunity for up close open carrying.

Link: http://www.constantcenter.com/calendar/
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I live 3 blocks from the Ted, but am a student at ODU so I can't OC

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Why can't you open carry on a public street, not part of the Campus?

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    While it is VDOT owned, I'm sure ODU would put up a fuss and I can't afford to be expelled.:shock:

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    While it is VDOT owned, I'm sure ODU would put up a fuss and I can't afford to be expelled.:shock:
    I don't recall there being a provision in their rules that allows ODU to punish you for participating in citizen activities taking place on public property.

Sounds like a rights violation just waiting for someone to jump all over should such actions on ODU's part occur.

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:
    I don't recall there being a provision in their rules that allows ODU to punish you for participating in citizen activities taking place on public property.

Sounds like a rights violation just waiting for someone to jump all over should such actions on ODU's part occur.
    It is called the professor swat. It is administered to politically incorect students to try to make them conform to their professors warped view of the world.

Post imported post

Rally for Virginia" with President Obama and Creigh

RSVP

Bottom of Form

Thank you for signing up to attend the Rally for Virginia with President Obama and Creigh. We will be in touch with you in the coming days with additional information. Want to make an immediate difference?

Thank you for your interest in attending the "Rally for Virginia" with President Obama and Creigh! Sign up below to RSVP. This event is free and open to the public. Please note space is on a first come, first serve basis.

Details:

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time To Be Announced

Old Dominion University
    Ted Constant Convocation Center
    4320 Hampton Blvd
    Norfolk, VA 23529

Post imported post

We should ALL make reservations! even if we can't get in, the empty seats willshow our 'support' for Dirty Deeds[done dirt cheap]!
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

vt800c wrote:
    We should ALL make reservations! even if we can't get in, the empty seats willshow our 'support' for Dirty Deeds[done dirt cheap]!
    Link: http://www.deedsforvirginia.com/even...27?sc=home1021

RSVP away!

Post imported post

RSVP

Top of Form

First Name Gun

Last Name Slinger

Email PatrickHenry@vcdl.org

Address PO BOX 513

City Newington

State VA

Zip Code 22122
    Phone

Bottom of Form

Thank you for signing up to attend the Rally for Virginia with President Obama and Creigh. We will be in touch with you in the coming days with additional information. Want to make an immediate difference?

Thank you for your interest in attending the "Rally for Virginia" with President Obama and Creigh! Sign up below to RSVP. This event is free and open to the public. Please note space is on a first come, first serve basis.

For guaranteed admission, you can sign up for a volunteer shift this weekend!

Details:

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time To Be Announced

Old Dominion University
    Ted Constant Convocation Center
    4320 Hampton Blvd
    Norfolk, VA 23529

Post imported post

First Name Gun
    Last Name Owner
    Email DirtyDeeds@DNC.org
    Address 123 Main St
    City Anytown
    State VA
    Zip Code 22222
    Phone

My Answer
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

Just curious ... is anybody from VCDL going to be coordinating our efforts and passing out stickers and such?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    So you have not learned anything from the Danbus :^). I would enjoin anyone to arrest me for such, as Danbus would say, "I could use the money". :^).

Post imported post

I thought the Big O and the dems were distancing themselves from Deeds since they figure he was going to be the first big backlash to the O.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...204708_pf.html

Post imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
    Just curious ... is anybody from VCDL going to be coordinating our efforts and passing out stickers and such?
    As this seems to be a separate OCDO vice VCDL event and nobody chimed in with an answer, I guess not.

Is there somebody planning to show up who has a roll of GSL stickers that they can bring?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
    vbnative73 wrote:
    As this seems to be a separate OCDO vice VCDL event and nobody chimed in with an answer, I guess not.

Is there somebody planning to show up who has a roll of GSL stickers that they can bring?

At the risk of being condemned to Hankland...I'm not sure this is one VCDL wants to chance.

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    It is called FREE SPEECH--and universities are supposed to encourage free thought. Once you are off campus, they have no control over you. If they expel you for exercising your Constitutional rights--then you sue. They cannot interfere with the free expression of rights once you are off their property and on a public street.

Just remember--if you don't use it, you will eventually lose it

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    darthmord wrote:

It is called the professor swat. It is administered to politically incorect students to try to make them conform to their professors warped view of the world.
    They can only push you around as long as you let them. That is what lawsuits are for after all...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

What time/place are we meeting? PM me if necessary.

Post imported post

Let me know what time this will be happening - I am interested in attending.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    vbnative73 wrote:
    vbnative73 wrote:

At the risk of being condemned to Hankland...I'm not sure this is one VCDL wants to chance.
    Definitely not speaking for VCDL - only my own opinion.

I do not see anything to be gained by our attendance. Why galvanize any antis and garner negative press when Deed's campaign is already in the tank? I prefer in this case to let the election send my message.

We have many battles yet to be fought - just don't think this one will have any positive return. I'd really prefer that nobody came to their party - an empty room.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Definitely not speaking for VCDL - only my own opinion.

I do not see anything to be gained by our attendance. Why galvanize any antis and garner negative press when Deed's campaign is already in the tank? I prefer in this case to let the election send my message.

We have many battles yet to be fought - just don't think this one will have any positive return. I'd really prefer that nobody came to their party - an empty room.
    Grape - imagining that no one will attend their party is like them believing that restricting the sale and ownership of firearms will solve crime problems - it will never happen.

And to think the antis are not galvanized already? Really...and negative press, c'mon man! The anti's hate us and so does the press. They can twist and turn this anyway they wish but when dozens, or many times hundreds, of law abiding gun owners show up at a rally the message is clear.

Your decision is yours - I will take every imaginable opportunity I am presented with. Ruthless and without compromise...that is how we will win.

Post imported post

I've heard PVC say it so many times ... "We have a right to defend ourselves anywhere we can legally be."

1. The election isn't over until it's over. Remember 2000?

2. Separate issue is that the anti's and MSNBC made a big deal saying we didn't have a right to carry near a POTUS event, so if we all of a sudden stop showing up now, they can and will claim a victory on that point.

That's my .02

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast