• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Event - Old Dominion University - 27 October - YIPEEEE!!!!

Thundar

imported post

This is great news!!!! The Deeds/Obama event will be at a public venue which is not a K-12 school......so we can ope carry while we waive pro gun signs . :)

Yeah, I know we can't get into the secure area, but We will be seen and I think we will get media attention.

TPMDC

Obama, Deeds Choose Norfolk For Rally Tuesday
Christina Bellantoni | October 21, 2009, 11:44AM

TPMDC has learned President Obama will campaign with gubernatorial candidate Creigh Deeds (D-VA) at Old Dominion University in Norfolk next Tuesday.

The campaign announced Friday that Obama would be hitting the trail with a to-be-determined location. Michelle Obama did an event at ODU last fall to court military families.

Turnout is critical in Virginia with Deeds so far behind in the polls and less than two weeks to go before the election.

The presidential rally in Norfolk is a double whammy that allows the team to reach both young college voters and black voters, demographic groups that helped Obama win big in Virginia last fall.

It also helps Deeds in optics since some wondered if Obama would just cross the Potomac for a short hop.

darthmord

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I live 3 blocks from the Ted, but am a student at ODU so I can't OC:banghead:
Why can't you open carry on a public street, not part of the Campus?
While it is VDOT owned, I'm sure ODU would put up a fuss and I can't afford to be expelled.:shock:

I don't recall there being a provision in their rules that allows ODU to punish you for participating in citizen activities taking place on public property.

Sounds like a rights violation just waiting for someone to jump all over should such actions on ODU's part occur.

Thundar

imported post

darthmord wrote:
I don't recall there being a provision in their rules that allows ODU to punish you for participating in citizen activities taking place on public property.

Sounds like a rights violation just waiting for someone to jump all over should such actions on ODU's part occur.
It is called the professor swat. It is administered to politically incorect students to try to make them conform to their professors warped view of the world.

Thundar

imported post

Rally for Virginia" with President Obama and Creigh

RSVP

[align=center]Bottom of Form[/align]
Thank you for signing up to attend the Rally for Virginia with President Obama and Creigh. We will be in touch with you in the coming days with additional information. Want to make an immediate difference?

Thank you for your interest in attending the "Rally for Virginia" with President Obama and Creigh! Sign up below to RSVP. This event is free and open to the public. Please note space is on a first come, first serve basis.

Details:

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time To Be Announced

Old Dominion University
Ted Constant Convocation Center
4320 Hampton Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23529

vt800c

imported post

We should ALL make reservations! even if we can't get in, the empty seats willshow our 'support' for Dirty Deeds[done dirt cheap]!

Thundar

imported post

RSVP

[align=center]Top of Form[/align]

First Name Gun

Last Name Slinger

Email PatrickHenry@vcdl.org

Address PO BOX 513

City Newington

State VA

Zip Code 22122
Phone :)

[align=center]Bottom of Form[/align]
Thank you for signing up to attend the Rally for Virginia with President Obama and Creigh. We will be in touch with you in the coming days with additional information. Want to make an immediate difference?

Thank you for your interest in attending the "Rally for Virginia" with President Obama and Creigh! Sign up below to RSVP. This event is free and open to the public. Please note space is on a first come, first serve basis.

For guaranteed admission, you can sign up for a volunteer shift this weekend!

Details:

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time To Be Announced

Old Dominion University
Ted Constant Convocation Center
4320 Hampton Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23529

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

http://news.oldva.org/uncategorized/yes-virginia-there-really-is-a-joker/

joker3.jpg

Neplusultra

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
While it is VDOT owned, I'm sure ODU would put up a fuss and I can't afford to be expelled.:shock:
So you have not learned anything from the Danbus :^). I would enjoin anyone to arrest me for such, as Danbus would say, "I could use the money". :^).

vbnative73

imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
Just curious ... is anybody from VCDL going to be coordinating our efforts and passing out stickers and such?

As this seems to be a separate OCDO vice VCDL event and nobody chimed in with an answer, I guess not.

Is there somebody planning to show up who has a roll of GSL stickers that they can bring?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
vbnative73 wrote:
Just curious ... is anybody from VCDL going to be coordinating our efforts and passing out stickers and such?

As this seems to be a separate OCDO vice VCDL event and nobody chimed in with an answer, I guess not.

Is there somebody planning to show up who has a roll of GSL stickers that they can bring?
At the risk of being condemned to Hankland...I'm not sure this is one VCDL wants to chance.

suntzu

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
It is called FREE SPEECH--and universities are supposed to encourage free thought. Once you are off campus, they have no control over you. If they expel you for exercising your Constitutional rights--then you sue. They cannot interfere with the free expression of rights once you are off their property and on a public street.

Just remember--if you don't use it, you will eventually lose it

suntzu

imported post

Thundar wrote:
darthmord wrote:

It is called the professor swat. It is administered to politically incorect students to try to make them conform to their professors warped view of the world.
They can only push you around as long as you let them. That is what lawsuits are for after all...