Thread: Why gun control does not work: Two prime examples

Post imported post

Post imported post

Wow... Both of those examples really drive the point home. This is just so black-and-white to me and I'm sure to most of us here.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

Remember its not about guns, its about control. That is why the anti gunners dont make sense to us. We think guns, personal responsability, protecting ourloved ones etc. The antis are really thinking how can we control these people running around with guns. I honestly believe that the guns dont really scare them nearly as much as our independant actions and thoughts do.

I for one am going to keep acting and thinking just cause I know that is the way to beat them.

Orphan
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

Orphan wrote:
    Remember its not about guns, its about control. That is why the anti gunners dont make sense to us. We think guns, personal responsability, protecting ourloved ones etc. The antis are really thinking how can we control these people running around with guns. I honestly believe that the guns dont really scare them nearly as much as our independant actions and thoughts do.

I for one am going to keep acting and thinking just cause I know that is the way to beat them.

Orphan
    +1,000,000
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Another article on why gun control will never work. Long report but worth it.

http://lawreview.law.wfu.edu/documents/issue.43.837.pdf

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

There are two types of gun-grabbers and we need to keep this in mind:

1. Control - The political elite are out for control over the contaminated, stinking, unwashed masses.

2. Ignorant - Your average everyday citizen who never reads past the headline on any article and believes the media, though possibly corrupted, is somehow barred from lying.

The difference is important because when you speak to a Control individual, you need to speak in terms of power and career (i.e., how you'll vote next election and how you'll deal with the public servant's financiers). When talking to an Ignorant, you have to educate on a person-to-person level. I promise you, the anti-gunner you meet at WalMart or work alongside at the office doesn't aspire to "control" you when they side up with gun restrictions. They honestly believe that gun legislation is effective because they let others (media) do the thinking and fact-checking for them. They've been bombarded their whole lives with the antigun message and it never crossed their mind to investigate. They didn't develop that viewpoint, they adopted it as their own without realizing it.