Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The signs are posted

Post imported post

Stopped by to see it with my own eyes.

The signs are at the entrances of the park, the entrances to the comm center, the ballfield, and trail to the lake.

Maybe a public records request ought to be in order, to see just exactly how much it cost taxpayers, for all the parks/etc....

Post imported post

Another

Post imported post

Sorry about this one guys , the camera was gettin sick....

Post imported post

XD45PlusP wrote:
    Solarize turned on?

Hm, when we do finally go do a group park meetup, I think it'll make a great picture with that sign in the middle. Caption can be "taxpayers' money wasted on frivolous, illegal sign"

"If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

IT would be nice to see a sign stating the pre emption statute right under it.

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    XD45PlusP wrote:
    Solarize turned on?

Hm, when we do finally go do a group park meetup, I think it'll make a great picture with that sign in the middle. Caption can be "taxpayers' money wasted on frivolous, illegal sign"

I dunno Tawnos, sometimes the camera goes psycho...lol

BTW, went inside the comm center itself, and on the wall it says No Camera's or Audio Recording Devices allowed, but I was still able to get these pics, and they didn't stop me!

Asked the sheep receptionist when they installed the signs, and she said monday. I said what do you think about the signs, she said (Why would a person need a gun at a comm center) I said well you never know, and are you going to be responsible for everyone's safety? Do you have a fire extinguisher? How bout a smoke alarm? According to her she only does what her boss says....... How can you enforce? She says, we really can't only if brandished at someone; we tell them to leave....LMFAO

WOW

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    IT would be nice to see a sign stating the pre emption statute right under it.
    One of those signs is on a wood pole. Get a sign made "The above sign is preempted and repealed by state law RCW 9.41.290" and securely attach to the pole?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Banned

Post imported post

you know they were allready premade before he said so. since they order out the signs

Banned

Post imported post

those look like the ones in m1's truck :shock::shock::P

Post imported post

Is that an HK USP on the signs?

Banned

Post imported post

uspc 45

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    uspc 45
    It is a USPc, but how can you tell it's a .45?

Maybe we can get Heckler & Koch to sue the City of Seattle for the unauthorized usage of the likeness of their gun. I can't imagine that HK gave permission for their product to be put on a few thousand signs with a big fat red circle/line over it. What does HK have to lose---SPD issues GLOCKs anyways.

Banned

Post imported post

cause I know my weapons. can tell just by looking at it

Post imported post

Or how about sticking a large plasticized address-label that states:

"This sign is made illegal by RCW 9.41.290-------

No Firearms Policy is ABSOLUTELY UNENFORCEABLE"

I just made the suggestion, to my wife, of making a few hundred of these labels and going and sticking them on all of these signs we can find, and she said "Lets have dinner and make a date out of it!"

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    Or how about sticking a large plasticized address-label that states:

"This sign is made illegal by RCW 9.41.290-------

No Firearms Policy is ABSOLUTELY UNENFORCEABLE"

I just made the suggestion, to my wife, of making a few hundred of these labels and going and sticking them on all of these signs we can find, and she said "Lets have dinner and make a date out of it!"
    Good idea. Maybe they will get the idea.. but I doubt it.

Banned

Post imported post

at least you'd get a good meal before spending a night in Jail

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    at least you'd get a good meal before spending a night in Jail
    At this point, it might almost be worth it.

I think that Nickels has just pushed and pushed, and this time, he's gone too far. I almost just want to do something/anything tobring theissue to the forefront of the general public's attention. The media coverage would be forced to revisit the topic, which would be more than we saw when the policy became active on the 14th (I couldn't find it anywhere in the news!). Thegun rights groups that are planning to do something better do it quick, I don't know how much longer I can wait before doing something stupid like ordering1000 decals and going on some dates with my wife! Do we need a "Seattle-Heller?" If so, I'd volunteer in a heartbeat!

Rant over.

Banned

Post imported post

if you go do it leave your firearms at home. and I wouldn't come back here.

Post imported post

If nobody has noticed, these signs are already at many parks in different cities. I have seen them in Tacoma, Fife, and Federal Way. The signs are known to be illegal by local authorizes, but are not removed. I have been in contact with two of the cities mentioned, and they did not give a resolution to correcting the illegal signs posted. From what I have gathered, the signs loose their power only when prosecution is brought to some unfortunate law abiding citizen and the signs are found illegal. I like the idea of stickers to help educate people "if they got any media attention" but, we really need to get this prosecution rolling to bring any attention to the case. A really bold and brave thing that we could do ,and should do, is join each other in an act of patriotic civil disobedience and get arrested as a group. This would bring the subject to a large enough scale to get a quick resolution. Is it not our duty as Americans to (not) sit by on the sidelines as our legitimate rights are sanded away like a block of wood? I understand that times are difficult and this would be a sacrifice that will make our lives difficult. Although, I am sure there are a some that are willing to make this sacrifice. This is the kind of organizing that we need at Dino's.

Post imported post

This would bring the subject to a large enough scale to get a quick resolution.
    How do you see that playing out?

Which misdemeanor cases in the district court would they rearrange so that your case could be given priority?

Post imported post

I am sure that with all the publicity they would want this to be dealt with quickly, but a good fight is never won quickly. It would have to be a sacrifice no doubt.

Banned

Post imported post

maybe get lucky and the herds will thin out

Post imported post

or use the following link to report graffiti on the signs. In the section as to type put "guns."

http://www2.seattle.gov/util/forms/g...affitiForm.asp

Now if guns are not allowed in parks, why is there a picture of a gun?

Post imported post

hmmm, those are smaller than i thought they would be. i can still do a bunch of laminated signs to attack to the poles below these signs and bring them to the planning meeting on the 25th if ya'll would like. a quick shot with a staple gun should do the trick. since the signs are so small i can do them on 8.5x11 and make twice as many. with less space i'll have to keep the wording a little more simple but that's ok. i can still get the point across.

Bobby

Post imported post

Can't wait to see these signs disappear and/or get covered with paintballs.. like every other sign does, of course. Waste of taxpayers money. But I've come accustomed to Seattle being good at that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast