• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The signs are posted

XD45PlusP

imported post

Stopped by to see it with my own eyes. :cuss:

The signs are at the entrances of the park, the entrances to the comm center, the ballfield, and trail to the lake.

Maybe a public records request ought to be in order, to see just exactly how much it cost taxpayers, for all the parks/etc....

Tawnos

imported post

XD45PlusP wrote:
Sorry about this one guys :uhoh:, the camera was gettin sick....
Solarize turned on?

Hm, when we do finally go do a group park meetup, I think it'll make a great picture with that sign in the middle. Caption can be "taxpayers' money wasted on frivolous, illegal sign"

Trigger Dr

imported post

IT would be nice to see a sign stating the pre emption statute right under it.

XD45PlusP

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
XD45PlusP wrote:
Sorry about this one guys :uhoh:, the camera was gettin sick....
Solarize turned on?

Hm, when we do finally go do a group park meetup, I think it'll make a great picture with that sign in the middle. Caption can be "taxpayers' money wasted on frivolous, illegal sign"

I dunno Tawnos, sometimes the camera goes psycho...lol

BTW, went inside the comm center itself, and on the wall it says No Camera's or Audio Recording Devices allowed, but I was still able to get these pics, and they didn't stop me!

Asked the sheep receptionist when they installed the signs, and she said monday. I said what do you think about the signs, she said (Why would a person need a gun at a comm center) I said well you never know, and are you going to be responsible for everyone's safety? Do you have a fire extinguisher? How bout a smoke alarm? According to her she only does what her boss says....... How can you enforce? She says, we really can't only if brandished at someone; we tell them to leave....LMFAO

WOW :cuss::banghead::uhoh:

Tawnos

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
IT would be nice to see a sign stating the pre emption statute right under it.
One of those signs is on a wood pole. Get a sign made "The above sign is preempted and repealed by state law RCW 9.41.290" and securely attach to the pole?

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

you know they were allready premade before he said so. since they order out the signs

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

those look like the ones in m1's truck :arrow::arrow::shock::shock::p

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

It is a USPc, but how can you tell it's a .45?

Maybe we can get Heckler & Koch to sue the City of Seattle for the unauthorized usage of the likeness of their gun. I can't imagine that HK gave permission for their product to be put on a few thousand signs with a big fat red circle/line over it. What does HK have to lose---SPD issues GLOCKs anyways.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Or how about sticking a large plasticized address-label that states:

"This sign is made illegal by RCW 9.41.290-------

No Firearms Policy is ABSOLUTELY UNENFORCEABLE"

I just made the suggestion, to my wife, of making a few hundred of these labels and going and sticking them on all of these signs we can find, and she said "Lets have dinner and make a date out of it!" ;)

usaf0906

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Or how about sticking a large plasticized address-label that states:

"This sign is made illegal by RCW 9.41.290-------

No Firearms Policy is ABSOLUTELY UNENFORCEABLE"

I just made the suggestion, to my wife, of making a few hundred of these labels and going and sticking them on all of these signs we can find, and she said "Lets have dinner and make a date out of it!" ;)
Good idea. Maybe they will get the idea.. but I doubt it.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
at least you'd get a good meal before spending a night in Jail

At this point, it might almost be worth it.

I think that Nickels has just pushed and pushed, and this time, he's gone too far. I almost just want to do something/anything tobring theissue to the forefront of the general public's attention. The media coverage would be forced to revisit the topic, which would be more than we saw when the policy became active on the 14th (I couldn't find it anywhere in the news!). Thegun rights groups that are planning to do something better do it quick, I don't know how much longer I can wait before doing something stupid like ordering1000 decals and going on some dates with my wife! Do we need a "Seattle-Heller?" If so, I'd volunteer in a heartbeat!

Rant over.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

if you go do it leave your firearms at home. and I wouldn't come back here.

hydrochloride

imported post

If nobody has noticed, these signs are already at many parks in different cities. I have seen them in Tacoma, Fife, and Federal Way. The signs are known to be illegal by local authorizes, but are not removed. I have been in contact with two of the cities mentioned, and they did not give a resolution to correcting the illegal signs posted. From what I have gathered, the signs loose their power only when prosecution is brought to some unfortunate law abiding citizen and the signs are found illegal. I like the idea of stickers to help educate people "if they got any media attention" but, we really need to get this prosecution rolling to bring any attention to the case. A really bold and brave thing that we could do ,and should do, is join each other in an act of patriotic civil disobedience and get arrested as a group. This would bring the subject to a large enough scale to get a quick resolution. Is it not our duty as Americans to (not) sit by on the sidelines as our legitimate rights are sanded away like a block of wood? I understand that times are difficult and this would be a sacrifice that will make our lives difficult. Although, I am sure there are a some that are willing to make this sacrifice. This is the kind of organizing that we need at Dino's.

deanf

imported post

This would bring the subject to a large enough scale to get a quick resolution.

How do you see that playing out?

Which misdemeanor cases in the district court would they rearrange so that your case could be given priority?