• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The signs are posted

hydrochloride

imported post

I am sure that with all the publicity they would want this to be dealt with quickly, but a good fight is never won quickly. It would have to be a sacrifice no doubt.

Bobarino

imported post

hmmm, those are smaller than i thought they would be. i can still do a bunch of laminated signs to attack to the poles below these signs and bring them to the planning meeting on the 25th if ya'll would like. a quick shot with a staple gun should do the trick. since the signs are so small i can do them on 8.5x11 and make twice as many. with less space i'll have to keep the wording a little more simple but that's ok. i can still get the point across.

Bobby

G27

imported post

Can't wait to see these signs disappear and/or get covered with paintballs.. like every other sign does, of course. Waste of taxpayers money. But I've come accustomed to Seattle being good at that.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

LOL! Paintballs and signs. What memories that brings....becoming legal is horrible :(. Sign is up at Yesler community center at Yesler and 10th in Seattle also.

hydrochloride

imported post

Unfortunately the City of Seattle is having to cut back a lot of public services such as, the library hours because the budget is so low. I am baffled at the logic in incurring the costs of the signs and the labor to have them posted. Using graffiti on them would just hinder the city more costs and take funds that would otherwise be available for public services. The best thing to do is have a OC picnic at one of these parks and get arrested with the knowledge of the media and the organizations that are currently trying to repeal the ordinance. I feel that breaking sensible laws "like the graffiti law", does not make the opposition look respectable.

Tawnos

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
I am not 21 yet, would it be acceptable for me to show up with a shotty or rifle :)?
An interesting question. You have the right to self defense with a firearm under Article 1 Section 24 of the WA state constitution. Since you can't legally bear a pistol, I would have to assume you could. Unlike Spencer, you wouldn't be already armed with a concealed weapon. However, officers may still try to cite you for 9.41.270...

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Well, I just don't want to make a giant deal of myself like the AR15s at the healthcare town hall city meetings you know, but I still want to support open carry, but can't legally oc a handgun.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am in complete agreement here, the costs of signs and labor need to be highlighted.

Perhaps someone can have the City of Seattle produce the costs associated with this illegal act.

3/325

imported post

The sticker should read "How much did YOU pay for this sign?" in big, bold letters. Smaller text underneath that can explain the illegality of the sign (along with referencing the RCW) and the fact that taxpayers are footing the bill for unenforcable and useless notices.