• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LIght Rail OC trip and lunch

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Just getting a feel for who would be interested in an OC trip on the Light Rail with lunch in the middle. We meet at the Northern most ParknRide and head down, have lunch, ride back up.

I've already emailed their faculty and we're good to go.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

rmbrems

imported post

I OC in the light rail every Wednesday from the 19th ave and montebello to University & 3rd in tempe and then back in the evening. (and have done so since opening day last december).

I have observed that most people a) have no clue that you are carrying or b) dont care. The most looks I get though are when I sit at the VERY front of the train next to the operator's door.

My only advice is that if they do a ticket inspection while you are onboard, don't carry your ticket in a pocket on the same side as your gun...the assistant cops got really nervous when I went for my wallet which was right behind my firearm. oops- not that I could blame them. I want to go home to my family every night too.

Carry on!

Phoenix David

imported post

That could be fun, long as there is some place good to eat.

Also with the weather getting to be real nice what about a OC picnic/BBQ in on of the central located parks. Would be cheaper then eating out and might get a bigger draw.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Phoenix David wrote:

Also with the weather getting to be real nice what about a OC picnic/BBQ in on of the central located parks. Would be cheaper then eating out and might get a bigger draw.

While a good idea to have an OC BBQ in one of the parks, the MC Health Dept. is cracking down on those who serve food without a permit. In other words, no "one person" can cook the food for another, you have to cook it yourself. I've seen it at one of the Anti ILLEGAL protests at the Macehauli work camp here in N. Phoenix. We were having a BBQ for about 30 people when Health Dept. came up and said shut it down or grill your own.

It's all about the money now, and I just heard yesterday they were cracking down on an event at the Scottsdale Waterfront for similar "no permit" issues, and that was just wine and cheese.

Clyde

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
Phoenix David wrote:

While a good idea to have an OC BBQ in one of the parks, the MC Health Dept. is cracking down on those who serve food without a permit. In other words, no "one person" can cook the food for another, you have to cook it yourself. I've seen it at one of the Anti ILLEGAL protests at the Macehauli work camp here in N. Phoenix. We were having a BBQ for about 30 people when Health Dept. came up and said shut it down or grill your own.

It's all about the money now, and I just heard yesterday they were cracking down on an event at the Scottsdale Waterfront for similar "no permit" issues, and that was just wine and cheese.

Clyde
Sounds like they've been infiltrated by Kalifornians.

Never mind that if there is a skilled practitioner of the grill present, those who have little to no experience must do a possibly food-poisonously dangerous job for themselves.

protector84

imported post

The only potential problem I see with an OC BBQ in a park is a lot of parks are posted "No weapons" which only exempts CCW permit holders. A lot of people have a CCW but not everyone. Only those with the CCW could attend an OC gathering there. As to the health department, I'm getting to the point where if any more of my constitutional rights are trampled on, I'm about to start a revolution. Seriously. No government has the right to regulate private dining and eating practices of its citizens when it is not even being done for profit. I can see if people show up to the park and are selling the food. That is different. Having a group of adults simply feeding themselves and each other does not warrant government intervention. Maybe there needs to be a little civil disobedience. Let 2 or 3 health department schmucks show up and tell the 100 of us gun-pakers to cease our dinner and I'll tell them to "go ahead and try to make us."

I sure hope it doesn't get to the point where the government has so much control over our lives that the health department starts going into Americans' homes to regulate family dinners. The day someone shows up to my house to fine me for having expired orange juice in my fridge is the day that person is getting shot.

rmbrems

imported post

protector84 wrote:
The only potential problem I see with an OC BBQ in a park is a lot of parks are posted "No weapons" which only exempts CCW permit holders. A lot of people have a CCW but not everyone. Only those with the CCW could attend an OC gathering there. As to the health department, I'm getting to the point where if any more of my constitutional rights are trampled on, I'm about to start a revolution. Seriously. No government has the right to regulate private dining and eating practices of its citizens when it is not even being done for profit. I can see if people show up to the park and are selling the food. That is different. Having a group of adults simply feeding themselves and each other does not warrant government intervention. Maybe there needs to be a little civil disobedience. Let 2 or 3 health department schmucks show up and tell the 100 of us gun-pakers to cease our dinner and I'll tell them to "go ahead and try to make us."

I sure hope it doesn't get to the point where the government has so much control over our lives that the health department starts going into Americans' homes to regulate family dinners. The day someone shows up to my house to fine me for having expired orange juice in my fridge is the day that person is getting shot.
All I can say is, AMEN!

Phoenix David

imported post

protector84 wrote:

Ok the only park I go to regularly is the dog park by me an it is not posted. Interesting thing about ARS 13-3108 which covers parks, it does say that if it is posted it does not apply to CCW holders, but it does not state that the weapon must be concealed.

RJ

Banned
imported post

I think it has something to do with the size of the park also, or its in the park rules.
I believe we covered this in one of the threads on the local site.
I'll try and find it, but sure it has something to do with square area of park as to yeah or nay. Sounds silly but I believe its a park thing.
again will try and confirm.
rj

protector84

imported post

I believe if it is more than one square mile they can only restrict the "developed areas" of the park which likely would include the picnic tables where we sit. Before we set something like this up, we should try to be extra sure if the park is posted or what the rules are.

If any health official shows up to give us trouble over some petty city violation, I'm all in for kidnapping them and requiring them to endure 30 days of RJ's cooking. Just kidding.

Chez

imported post

I'm all for a OC light rail carry whether we eat or not. Sounds like a fun outing!

If we make it into a community service outing, we might even get some good PR.

Chez

kenpoprofessor

imported post

No firm date of Sat. or Sun. (waiting for the poll on AZS to run it's course) but it will be the weekend of 28 & 29 Nov. Could be morning, noon, or evening depending on poll.

Clyde

Thoreau

imported post

protector84 wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/leading-researchers-propose-tax-sugared-drinks/story?id=8594299

Give them time... they're working on it!

Thoreau

imported post

Phoenix David wrote:
ARS 13-3108 #5 says 1 square mile or less.

Wonder if what the status is on Papago Park..

According to http://phoenix.gov/CITYCODE/ch024.html section 24-45 it uses the same language as ARS 13-3108.

I think Papago Park is bigger than 1 square mile and if it's not posted ??

According to Wiki, it's 1200 acres, or 1.875 square miles. They can post all they want, it means squat unless it's in one of the 'developed' areas.

"For the purposes of this paragraph, "developed or improved area" means an area of property developed for public recreation or family activity, including picnic areas, concessions, playgrounds, amphitheaters, racquet courts, swimming areas, golf courses, zoos, horseback riding facilities and boat landing and docking facilities. Developed or improved area does not include campgrounds, trails, paths or roadways except trails, paths and roadways directly associated with and adjacent to designated developed or improved areas."

Even then, that can only be limited to CCW holders.. it can't be an outright 'no gun' zone.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

We are meeting at the 19th/Montebello ParkNRide at 10:30am, Sat.Nov. 28, and it's tentative from there.

Should be an interesting ride day after Black Friday :cool:

Clyde

GWbiker

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
We are meeting at the 19th/Montebello ParkNRide at 10:30am, Sat. Nov. 28,  and it's tentative from there.

Should be an interesting ride day after Black Friday :cool:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day Clyde

EAST Montebello or WEST Montebello??:cuss: