Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe there will be a 2nd revolution?

Post imported post

Do you think there will be a 2nd revolution in the United States?

If there is some sort of revolution what do you feel it would entail? Do you envision a armed revolt, or legal courtroom battles?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:

If there is some sort of revolution what do you feel it would entail? Do you envision a armed revolt, or legal courtroom battles?
    My god man....we are in court for all kinds of things....what kind of case are you thinking about? 2nd, 10th amendment issues...lol.

Armed Revolt...no. Could the government declare martial law...perhaps. Martial law is just like Natural law, in my opinion. If we have no "rule of law" (ie, they suspend constitutional rights), then there is no law, period. We the people givepower to the government, and only what is specifically granted to them. If they decided to enact martial law, then they are acting outside of any delegated powers that have been granted to them.

Seriously, make sure you can take care of your family and friends. If anything other than that happens, wait for the Governor to call.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:

If you would have asked me this question 6 or 7 months ago, I would say NO!

But lately I would have to say "Most likely"
    some people are becoming desperate, they see all this government spending, they see licensing fees and their cost of everything rising dailybut their income shrinking.

They feel that too many government entities are tryng to take away what little they have left. It is going to reach a breaking point pretty soon. My best guess is we will see some failry huge riots by July 2010. I expect them in cities like Chicago, Detroit, and other midwest places not common for race riots.

yes I think the riots will be based on race,

Post imported post

probably. i think our country needs it honestly

Post imported post

I heard a news report just last week that said the weather is more right now for a revolution than has been ever.I don't know, it's not a good thing to think about. I believe there's as much chance for a revolution as there is for another attack on U.S. soil.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Undertaker wrote:
    I heard a news report just last week that said the weather is more right now for a revolution than has been ever.I don't know, it's not a good thing to think about. I believe there's as much chance for a revolution as there is for another attack on U.S. soil.
    Both are looking uncomfortably high right now.

Make no mistake, if TSHTF there will be turning back. Surrender, on our part,will not be an option.

Post imported post

I already talked it through with the fiance and planed out where she is to go and how to get there.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Post imported post

Americans are more likely to be killed by a Police Officer than by a Terrorist, statistically speaking. Make sure you know who you need to be safe from.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The 'Second American Revolution' is long over and we are enjoying its fruits, most especially, now.

Read the battle plan at http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/

http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com.../DDDoA.sml.pdf

Deliberate Dumbing Down of America - E Book download is NOW FREE TO ALL!!!
    File is 6.75 MB

Will there be another American revolution? Not likely, due to the Second and its effect on the American citizenry.

Post imported post

OK, history aside Doug.

Lets word it as do you think there will be ANOTHER revolt in the US?????

Banned

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Will there be another American revolution? Not likely, due to the Second and its effect on the American citizenry.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Undertaker wrote:
    Both are looking uncomfortably high right now.

Make no mistake, if TSHTF there will be [NO] turning back. Surrender, on our part,will not be an option.
    [I think you missed the word 'NO' in there, fixed it for ya!]

This country, and world, are constantly changing, and if you look through history, I believe that we have had a few 'quiet' revolutions that have cost us many freedoms and much control over our government! I think that we will see lots of changes through the next few election cycles, both at the state and federal level! We need to be diligent at the state and local level where we can 'reach' our elected officials to make sure that the States represent our interests properly to the Fed! I think the first 'battles' of the next 'revolution' will be the States standing up against the tyranny of the Fed! If the Fed continues to infringe on our rights, the the states may take up arms and split.

The idea of revolution is not a comfortable one, and not something that any of us should entertain lightly!

Post imported post

There is a revolution going on already. Heller was one of the battles. National Park Carry was another.

Soon to come: the Chicago andNew York City versions of Heller. Handgun licensing reciprocity to the level of driver's license reciprocity (in other words nation-wide carry)

Post imported post

WheelGun wrote:
    There is a revolution going on already. Heller was one of the battles. National Park Carry was another.

Soon to come: the Chicago andNew York City versions of Heller. Handgun licensing reciprocity to the level of driver's license reciprocity (in other words nation-wide carry)
    Exactly! This is kinda what I was referring to as part of the 'quiet' revolutions... Hopefully we can straighten this country out by slowly pushing the 'system' back into the place that it was intended to stay!

Post imported post

Dont get me wrong, I am not one of the waco's looking for a fight. I wouldnt WISHa violent revolution. I have read on other sites where people are talking about the upcoming revolution. I hope they are in the minority of the populace, but when you get more and more of this talk you start to think what if.

Banned

Post imported post

I used to tell my daughter that, "The road to hell is paved with 'what ifs'."

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:

If you would have asked me this question 6 or 7 months ago, I would say NO!

But lately I would have to say "Most likely"
    some people are becoming desperate, they see all this government spending, they see licensing fees and their cost of everything rising dailybut their income shrinking.

They feel that too many government entities are tryng to take away what little they have left. It is going to reach a breaking point pretty soon. My best guess is we will see some fairly huge riots by July 2010. I expect them in cities like Chicago, Detroit, and other Midwest places not common for race riots.

yes I think the riots will be based on race,
    Agreed. Yet the real question is what will be the spark that sets off the explosive tension thats in the country.

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

Like bigdaddy1 i don't wish it to happen. But what i've seen and heard for so long,

imho it will happen. I've even thought it would happen in my lifetime. I've said this

before, time and again, this country needs another war in it's borders to do away

with a lot of bs, and to get people to thinking about what they need to be worried

about. Not a family trying crazy stunts to get air time, who's married to who and

stepping out on whom. People need to get back to basics, the thing is we've had it

too good for too long, most don't even know what the basics are.

Don't get me wrong, i'm now a war mongerer or anything, this all is just my opinion.

Be it wrong or right.

Post imported post

WheelGun wrote:

I havent even heard of the RUMOR of nation wide carry, do you have anything to indicate this is not just a fantasy?

As for the legal battles, 2A is only 1 of many of our rights that are in peril by the government. Do you believe they can all be solved in a courtroom?

I hope so, but for some reason I dont think so.

Banned

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    do you have anything to indicate this is not just a fantasy?
    I do, the Second American Revolution, also known as the War of Yankee Aggression. Historian Charles Beard called it the Second American Revolution in the Twenties.

The several sovereign states' Rights are a fine teergruben for Federal meddling.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

(I wish folks would re-size their pictures if it screws up the format; or delete it altogether. Maybe its just me.)

I think an armed revolt or revolution is nearly inevitable. Nearly.

One of the Founders once asked (paraphrase), "When did a tyrant ever willingly relinquish power? History furnishesno examples."

That, folks, is what we call a clue.

We also have Jefferson's quote about the Tree of Liberty being refreshedfrom time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Another clue.

Its cyclical. This is already known to history. IfAmerica avoids it, it will be a landmark.

I recently came across what is turning out to be a great essay on government and power, by a world-famous economist no less. I recommend it. It givesa whole new view on "the state", and not a complimentary one, neither.

The Anatomy of the State.

Teaser quote:

Certainly the most ambitious attempt to impose limits on the State has been the Bill of Rights and other restrictive parts of the American Constitution, in which written limits on government became the fundamental law to be interpreted by a judiciary supposedly independent of the other branches of government. All Americans are familiar with the process by which the construction of limits in the Constitution has been inexorably broadened over the last century. But few have been as keen as Professor Charles Black to see that the State has, in the process, largely transformed judicial review itself from a limiting device to yet another instrument for furnishing ideological legitimacy to the government's actions. For if a judicial decree of "unconstitutional" is a mighty check to government power, an implicit or explicit verdict of "constitutional" is a mighty weapon for fostering public acceptance of ever-greater government power. (emphasis added)

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I think the revolt will be the successful ballots of 2010 and 2012. If not then shortly after.
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

carracer wrote:
    I think the revolt will be the successful ballots of 2010 and 2012. If not then shortly after.
    I sure hope you are right, Butall the stuff I have been trackingleans toward too manypeople beingtoo pissed-offto beable to wait for another election.

I am hearing that the summer of 2010 is going to be among the worst this country has seen in anyones lifetime. I remember the gas shortages in the early 1970's. people freaked the "F" out when gas hit 52 cents a gallon.

I feel sorry for you urban dwellers if this does go down as I suspect it will.
    Any small incident could trigger this mess, Look at the LA riots a few years back, what caused that? A court case with a verdict some people did not agree with!

Look at the class of people responsible for those riots, look at what you are surroundedwith when living in an urban environment.
    What will you do for food? how will you get out and away from it safely? what posessions will you lose in the process and when your home gets looted after leaving, or are you going to try and stay to otugh it out? Think about it now, do not wait until it happens. (hopefully it does not happen)

There was thread a few weeks back about being prepared, some people were stating the "tin-foil hat" rhetoric becuase they are in denial.
    But lets look at why we all carry firearms, I would rather be prepared and not need to use my tools, than to need my tools and not have them available.

I do not hoard items, I just keep a supply of essentials on-hand in case they are ever needed. It comes with living in a "near wilderness rural" area becausewe commonly see power outages that last up to a week or more from storms. We may be snowed in for a few days. stuff happens, be prepared.

Post imported post

carracer wrote:
    Agree, been saying the same thing for a while now. The outcome of the 2010 election may even determine IF there's a real election in 2012.

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I havent even heard of the RUMOR of nation wide carry, do you have anything to indicate this is not just a fantasy?
    There was a bill in either the House, or Senate, but it didn't get passed. This was within the last 6 months.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast