• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i can't believe people are this stupid yet carry

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cebu_4_2 wrote:
What can I say this thread says it all, draw your own conclusilons.

Link or pictures, or it never happened!

stay safe.

skidmark

okboomer

imported post

cebu_4_2 wrote:
What can I say this thread says it all, draw your own conclusions.

I think he's talking about the topic of his post: "I can't believe people are this stupid yet carry"

At least he posted it in the proper forum :lol:

I agree, he is allowed to be in disbelief, he is allowed to disagree with anything here, he is allowed to post those beliefs. If he can read this, he needs to thank a MARINE!

You're welcome.

Superlite27

imported post

I wonder if this is an attempted name calling at the members of this site.

Nah, I checked his other posts, and he seems a legitimate carrier. I had prepared a scathing bath of whupass reply for being "anti", but after checking his other posts, I now believe he didn't mean this post to actually mean what it says.

To cebu_4_2: Although you have no reference to whom you are referring when you state "I can't believe people are this stupid, yet carry", I will paraphrase for clarity.

Since a post on an open carry board stating how stupid people are for carrying can only be taken as "YOU ARE ALL STUPID" because you have not stated WHO you are talking about (We're only left with us, since you didn't refer to anyone else) it appears as if you are calling us stupid.

After reading your other posts, you seem like a fellow OC'er....so I can't see why you would call us all "stupid, yet carrying" since that would obviously include yourself. So, I can only surmise that you are referring to some people you have encountered that might not fit your definition of "intelligent" that also carry weapons.

Hopefully you will clarify who you are referring to as "stupid".

If it is indeed as it appears, and you are referring to the fine people here on OCDO, you've opened up a big can of FAIL, as the post you have used to call us stupid.....is so hard to understand and so poorly constructed that you appearmuch less intelligent than the people you are deriding for beingstupid.It's called "irony".

If you are referring to others you have encountered who you feel are unqualified to carryandthis post hasbeen misunderstood, then I can only say this:

Each individual has the right to self defense no matter what their IQ, orno matter how "stupid" they appear to be. There are set standards and "guidelines" most states have set up in order to determine whether or not a person "qualifies" to carry a gun. While I understand the purpose, and I understand what they are designed to do, I am NOT comfortable with the idea of having the state use any method to determine if I "qualify" for a right.

Do you have to pass a qualification for free speech? How about a test to see if you can go to church? Do you have to fill out a questionairre to get protection from illegal search and seizure?

Each and every individual, regardless of their intelligence, should have the right to defend their lives in the most efficient manner they choose.

Are there some people out there who just shouldn't have a gun? Of course. There is a method used to weed these people out. When they do something illegal or truly "stupid", the cops arrest them and take away their legal ability to carry. Until that time EVERYONE deserves the right to carry a gun, no matter where they fall on your personal intelligence scale.

darthmord

imported post

It's possible (an anti) someone got onto his logon because he left it up on the screen and the computer was unattended.

We really need more info before anydiscussion can be done. Otherwise all we are left with is speculation. We've already seen what that can do to the markets. Do we want it happening on the forum too?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

darthmord wrote:
It's possible (an anti) someone got onto his logon because he left it up on the screen and the computer was unattended.

Exactly.

Those Brady Bunchers will stop at nothing.

Nothing, I tell you! :cuss:

Superlite27

imported post

It's possible (an anti) someone got onto his logon.

The OP was posted: Thu Oct 22nd, 2009 12:45 am
conclusilons.

I responded copy/pasting the OP at: Thu Oct 22nd, 2009 10:11 am

It then became:

conclusions.

I suppose it's possible theanti who stole his logon kept it, and edited the postmore than 10 hours laterfor the sole purpose of correcting the misspelling, right?

Now why would an anti trying to make cebu look bad, fix something that makes him look bad?

Dat don't make no sense, huh?