• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ultimate Test

Bull Frog

imported post

Make your mission real. You cannot lie. Pretend you are lost, looking for the diner down the road that is famous in Sunnyvale. For hash browns. Surrender when police officers come boiling out to arrest you for being lost with a weapon. Gun? Why that's my right, you dumb son of a bitch. Where's that diner, again. you stupid asshole?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
Make your mission real. You cannot lie. Pretend you are lost, looking for the diner down the road that is famous in Sunnyvale. For hash browns. Surrender when police officers come boiling out to arrest you for being lost with a weapon. Gun? Why that's my right, you dumb son of a bitch. Where's that diner, again. you stupid @#$%?

Have you read PC171b?

I'm thinking not.

Let me help you.

(a) Any person who brings or possesses within any state or
local public building or at any meeting required to be open to the
public pursuant to Chapter 9 (commencing with Section 54950) of Part
1 of Division 2 of Title 5 of, or Article 9 (commencing with Section
11120) of Chapter 1 of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of, the
Government Code, any of the following is guilty of a public offense
punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one
year, or in the state prison:
(1) Any firearm.

Police station=Public Building

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Why not set up an UOC picnic in their jurisdiction? If you have solidarity, complying with E-check but refusing to identify yourself What are they going to do?

dirtykoala

imported post

sudden valley, we have had multiple meets directly across the street from the police station.

lobber, even if it was 100% legal to walk into a police station with a gun (it is not), why would you go in with the attitude of causing a problem? Do you think that your "ultimate test" would represent UOC well? Do you think that calling a cop a dumb SOB, or a stupid @#$% will help further our rights in a positive manner? I/ we have put a lot of effort into preserving, and spreading knowledge of our rights here in Sunnyvale. You will push UOC back several steps if you do not change your attitude. Just as one bad cop will paint a bad picture for all uniformed civil servants, you will paint a bad picture for all law abiding gun owners.

Sunnyvale PD has shown that they are trying to educate themselves in regards to our rights, and it seems that they will be making efforts to protect our rights, not step on them. Why do you feel that we should provoke the police with ill intent? I carry from day to day while going about my lawfull business, I do not intentionally provoke situations with LEOs.

I am glad that you have not yet UOCed in my area. I would be willing to meet with you at sometime if you would like to go over somethings, I will not be UOCing around you if we meet.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Yes I agree, even if you COULD do it, why would you want to. There is a reasonable presence of safety in a police station. The need for your weapon walking in their testing their "self-control" in un-needed. It would be like a cop walking into your house, looking around and saying "K, things look good, Ill be on my way". Idk, just sort of unneeded disrespect .

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
...Sunnyvale PD has shown that they are trying to educate themselves in regards to our rights, and it seems that they will be making efforts to protect our rights, not step on them...
Glad to hear they're turning things around! (Just recently we were hearing about the PRAR info that indicated they were looking to persecute activists.)

Carry on.

(ETA: just got to reading the other thread with the SPD memo, so now I know what you're talking about.)

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Lead Lobber, WTF? The Sunneyvale PD memo demonstrates that they more than any department are most supportive of us and understanding of our rights. IMO that level of respect deserves respect in return. Not to mention you suggest violating PC171b.

dirtykoala

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
...Sunnyvale PD has shown that they are trying to educate themselves in regards to our rights, and it seems that they will be making efforts to protect our rights, not step on them...
Glad to hear they're turning things around! (Just recently we were hearing about the PRAR info that indicated they were looking to persecute activists.)

Carry on.

(ETA: just got to reading the other thread with the SPD memo, so now I know what you're talking about.)

The PRAR docs suggest that the SPD will take every legal action they can if a UOCer ever violates a gun law.The memo suggeests that they are willing to accept our rights and will try not to violate them. It seems that they will do everything in their power to persecute when appropriate, but also do everything in their power to be respectful of us and our rights.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I was gonna let it go, but I changed my mind... just keep in mind I speak for nobody but myself here.

[rant]

Posts like this really annoy me. I really don't get why people would pretend to be interested in the OC movement, and then fail at knowing the legal basics (the stuff that is on almost every memo and pamphlet). Seriously, STFU and do your homework! We have enough FUD and bad advice from our enemies... we don't need it from our friends.

(Or maybe people making posts like this are our enemies, hoping to disguise themselves as friends and trick us into violating the law...)

And even if the suggested action were legal, I don't like the use of dishonest pretenses to try to create a conflict with LE. WTF is the purpose of creating this situation? I can't speak for everyone, but I'm willing to bet most of us would not enjoy such conflict.

It's posts like this that fuel the rumors that we're sue-happy dip@#$%s that hate cops. IMO, we need to work reverse the "us versus them" mentality. Posts like this harm this effort.

I strongly support every persons right to say what they want, when they want. However, when someone says something stupid, I will reserve my right to speak my mind.

[/rant]

Carry on.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

Carry on.

The PRAR docs suggest that the SPD will take every legal action they can if a UOCer ever violates a gun law.The memo suggeests that they are willing to accept our rights and will try not to violate them. It seems that they will do everything in their power to persecute when appropriate, but also do everything in their power to be respectful of us and our rights.
I thought respect and persecution were mutually exclusive. Though I'll read the memo when I get back.

1245A Defender

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
I was gonna let it go, but I changed my mind... just keep in mind I speak for nobody but myself here.

[rant]

Posts like this really annoy me. I really don't get why people would pretend to be interested in the OC movement, and then fail at knowing the legal basics (the stuff that is on almost every memo and pamphlet). Seriously, STFU and do your homework! We have enough FUD and bad advice from our enemies... we don't need it from our friends.

(Or maybe people making posts like this are our enemies, hoping to disguise themselves as friends and trick us into violating the law...)

And even if the suggested action were legal, I don't like the use of dishonest pretenses to try to create a conflict with LE. WTF is the purpose of creating this situation? I can't speak for everyone, but I'm willing to bet most of us would not enjoy such conflict.

It's posts like this that fuel the rumors that we're sue-happy dip@#$%s that hate cops. IMO, we need to work reverse the "us versus them" mentality. Posts like this harm this effort.

I strongly support every persons right to say what they want, when they want. However, when someone says something stupid, I will reserve my right to speak my mind.

[/rant]

Carry on.
whos post is this rant directed at?

Streetbikerr6

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:

[rant]

[/rant]

Carry on.

Yah the words "make your mission real" from the OP basically affirms what Libertarian is saying, people like this make it look like aggravating the LE is "our mission". Totally off the point. We are here to make memo's like the one made by sunnyvale pd exist. Not use our right to annoy.

Lol- do you think this poster is a leo himself trying to lure some ignorant new oc'er? Nah, prolly just some leo hating guy who gets too many speeding tickets haha.

Bull Frog

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Lead Lobber wrote:
Make your mission real. You cannot lie. Pretend you are lost, looking for the diner down the road that is famous in Sunnyvale. For hash browns. Surrender when police officers come boiling out to arrest you for being lost with a weapon. Gun? Why that's my right, you dumb son of a bitch. Where's that diner, again. you stupid @#$%?

Have you read PC171b?

I'm thinking not.

Let me help you.

(1) Any firearm.

This is clearly unconstitutional. There is no such provision in the second amendment, so California is an illegal state in revolt against the United States. Federal troops should invade Sacramento and set things right.
:celebrate:celebrate

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
Lead Lobber wrote:

Have you read PC171b?

I'm thinking not.

Let me help you.

(1) Any firearm.

This is clearly unconstitutional. There is no such provision in the second amendment, so California is an illegal state in revolt against the United States. Federal troops should invade Sacramento and set things right.
:celebrate:celebrate
Frak YES.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
Yes I agree, even if you COULD do it, why would you want to. There is a reasonable presence of safety in a police station. The need for your weapon walking in their testing their "self-control" in un-needed. It would be like a cop walking into your house, looking around and saying "K, things look good, Ill be on my way". Idk, just sort of unneeded disrespect .

Reverend73 did it a couple of years ago in VA. He had some kind of traffic ticket beef that he was hot about so he thought he'd file a complaint in the police station while OCing. Contrasting to CA, in VA there was no legal bar to doing it, though, obviously, nobody wanted to try it.

Actually, I don't remember ifRev actually went through with it. (Somebody refresh my memory...)But he had it all planned. And, 'course, got encouragement from the VA contingent.

I suspect the answer to "Why would you want to?" is....to stir up some shiz (with a z).

I guess you could call someone who did it.....a troll.

Bull Frog

imported post

HankT wrote:
Streetbikerr6 wrote:

Reverend73 did it a couple of years ago in VA. He had some kind of traffic ticket beef that he was hot about so he thought he'd file a complaint in the police station while OCing. Contrasting to CA, in VA there was no legal bar to doing it, though, obviously, nobody wanted to try it.

Actually, I don't remember if Rev actually went through with it. (Somebody refresh my memory...) But he had it all planned. And, 'course, got encouragement from the VA contingent.

I suspect the answer to "Why would you want to?" is....to stir up some shiz (with a z).

I guess you could call someone who did it.....a troll.

Actually, cops did walk into my house to help me from the floor once (I am morbidly obese, so if I fall, I can't get up). One of those boys in blue thought it would be funny to cock my loaded Colt SAA and leave it where he found it, on the table where my computer was. I was stunned when I saw it, and let the hammer down, adjusting it again to an empty chamber, and called to complain. Never heard a thing. Most cops do a good job, but there are jerks out there, and the good ones protect them, which makes them complicit in their felonies.

Attached is a snap of a few of U.S Firearms SAA replicas.

Or not - guess attachments are not allowed? Must be too big, but wait, that's what SHE said. :celebrate:lol::banghead: