Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place to buy ammo?

Post imported post

Looking for .45 ammo, does anybody know the best places to find it?

Post imported post

I buy mine from here: http://palmettostatearmory.com/472.php . Shipped right to my front door.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    I buy mine from here: http://palmettostatearmory.com/472.php . Shipped right to my front door.
    Shhhh keep that on the down low:P

I also get my .45 from them as well as my .223:celebrate

Post imported post

yea go to wal-mart 14.99$ for a box of 45 acp federal

Post imported post

I have checked Walmart several times, they never have any. Have got 9mm ammo from there for the range. Several friends have said not to buy ammo from them -its supposed to be garbage.

Post imported post

You live at the beach...do you know where The Armory is on Indian River Rd?

Post imported post

Actually, one other question too. Are you looking for range ammo or a self defense round?

Post imported post

I don't know where the armory is. I am looking for both range and self defence. I need to find out where more ranges are also, so far I have just been going to Bob's and A&R. I am still new to this.

Post imported post

Jenn, The Armory is near the corner of Indain River and Kempsville Rd.,right behind the Brewster's Ice Cream stand.

There are more ranges around here too. Superior Pawn and Gun has 3...I'd use their range; but, I wouldn't buy anything else there...and that's only for personal reasons.

Post imported post

I was planning on checking out Superior's range soon, do not like A&P. Do you know if there are any outdoor ranges around? Does the Armory have a range also?

Post imported post

Jenn....I PM'd you.

Post imported post

BEWARE! You must disarm before entering Superior and the employees are EXTREMELY RUDE! They will never get any of my business for as long as I live!

Post imported post

My wife and I are FORMER friends of the family that owns Superior...(emphasis on FORMER!)...That's whywe now go to Bob's

Post imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
    My wife and I are FORMER friends of the family that owns Superior...(emphasis on FORMER!)...That's whywe now go to Bob's
    My only complaint with the range at Bob's is the lack of distance. I'd like to be able to shoot further than 11 meters. Other than that, I'm happy to shoot at Bob's.

Post imported post

Jenn wrote:
    I have checked Walmart several times, they never have any. Have got 9mm ammo from there for the range. Several friends have said not to buy ammo from them -its supposed to be garbage.
    I get my range ammo from wal-mart, never had any problems. It's the same Winchester, Remington, and Federal that other stores sell. And they're cheap.

Post imported post

Yeah, they are cheap. I have bought some range ammo at Walmart but use different for self defense. It is probably just a rumour.

Post imported post

Jenn wrote:
    Looking for .45 ammo, does anybody know the best places to find it?
    I get my plinking ammo at Walmart. Blazer Brass or Federal for 15.95/box-50. I hate and won't buy Winchester unless I am really really low. I have also gotten some Remmington 45 for 18.95 a box a while back. With a limit of 6-boxes makes it hard to stay stocked.

If you go to any gun store or gun show the price is around 2x what you can get at walmart. Yes I know that Wallyworld is often out but I keep checking a couple times a week. Georgia Arms will take an order and deliver it for free to the next gun show but their prices have gone up too.

The Yorktown Walmart hasn't had a good supply of 45 but I have seen more 40 ammo there than anything else.

For Federal 230grain Hydra-shok I bought 200 rounds online at gunbroker.com. I have seen them at Superior Pawn on VA Beach Blvd. Other places have had them very sporatically.

Most of my guns are 45acp so I am always on the lookout.

Post imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
    Jenn wrote:
    I get my range ammo from wal-mart, never had any problems. It's the same Winchester, Remington, and Federal that other stores sell. And they're cheap.
    Which Wal-Mart? Every time I visit mine they are pretty much bare. I've hit Woodbridge Wal-Mart as well and they never have any.

I did happen upon a clerk putting a new case (five boxes) on the shelf - I bought them all since I had completely run out of range ammo. They haven't had any since (they owe me one because they charged me for 6 - their limit even though there were only five in a case).

Post imported post

Jenn wrote:
    I was planning on checking out Superior's range soon, do not like A&P. Do you know if there are any outdoor ranges around? Does the Armory have a range also?
    I prefer A&P to Superior. They have many more bays, which generally means less waiting. Their annual fees are not bad.

Check out C2 - http://www.thec2center.com/

I think it used to be known as Munden Point Range but has been seriously upgraded in the past couple of years. They held an Appleseed Event there back in July, I think.

Sadly, The Armory is rangeless.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

I also prefer Lynnhaven A&P to superior...Curtis is an old friend of mine and he doesnt put up with any reckless behavior on his range.

Post imported post

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    [Boycot Wal-martimage removed for space saving...]

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

Edited to save space...

Post imported post

Kingstown wal-mart has 15 boxes of .40, after the 12 I picked up tonight. If you need it, get it now or before 8AM tomorrow, or I'm getting the rest of it.

Post imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
    Kingstown wal-mart has 15 boxes of .40, after the 12 I picked up tonight. If you need it, get it now or before 8AM tomorrow, or I'm getting the rest of it.
    So, uhm, you're not going to join the valiant and righteous brothers who steadfastly oppose Wal-Mart's policies and practices and eschew buying anything at Wally World, eh?

There's a word for that kind of behavior, Wangmuf. It begins with an "s" and is not very pleasant.

The least you could do is send the wife in your steador something.....

P.S.Any .45 ammo?

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Wangmuf wrote:
    So, uhm, you're not going to join the valiant and righteous brothers who steadfastly oppose Wal-Mart's policies and practices and eschew buying anything at Wally World, eh?

There's a word for that kind of behavior, Wangmuf. It begins with an "s" and is not very pleasant.

The least you could do is send the wife in your steador something.....

P.S.Any .45 ammo?
    I still don't know why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast