• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is the best place to buy ammo?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

276706580_66241f4bfa.jpg

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
Kingstown wal-mart has 15 boxes of .40, after the 12 I picked up tonight. If you need it, get it now or before 8AM tomorrow, or I'm getting the rest of it. :D

So, uhm, you're not going to join the valiant and righteous brothers who steadfastly oppose Wal-Mart's policies and practices and eschew buying anything at Wally World, eh?

There's a word for that kind of behavior, Wangmuf. It begins with an "s" and is not very pleasant.

The least you could do is send the wife in your steador something.....

P.S.Any .45 ammo?

JosephMingle

imported post

HankT wrote:
Wangmuf wrote:
Kingstown wal-mart has 15 boxes of .40, after the 12 I picked up tonight. If you need it, get it now or before 8AM tomorrow, or I'm getting the rest of it. :D

So, uhm, you're not going to join the valiant and righteous brothers who steadfastly oppose Wal-Mart's policies and practices and eschew buying anything at Wally World, eh?

There's a word for that kind of behavior, Wangmuf. It begins with an "s" and is not very pleasant.

P.S.Any .45 ammo?
I still don't know why.

The Wolfhound

imported post

Yah, what is the beef against Wally World? I have no other source of range ammo closer than 10 miles away and Wally is cheaper than just about every body and less than a mile from the personal ammo locker (home).

Wangmuf

imported post

HankT wrote:
Wangmuf wrote:

P.S.Any .45 ammo?

I never shop at wal-mart.

Except for ammo. The prices can't be beat, and to the best of my knowledge (I've never checked, so I don't know if this is false), the ammo I buy there is American made.

And nope, no .45. .223, .40S&W, .22LR and shotgun ammo only.

Edit: generally, Wal-Mart sells foreign produced products and pays shit wages, not to mention their former (maybe current?) practices of shuffling around employee hours to the point where they were intelligible for benefits. Plus they shut down small business in areas where they open new stores. So some (not enough to make a damn bit of difference) people boycott them.

I personally find deplorable the fact that, when they open a store in small-town America, and shut out the small-time businesses, their employees are all but forced to spend their meager wages back into the Wal-Mart coffers.

Flowmaster

imported post

the best website to find current ammo deals is gun-deals.com

if you go to the ammo tab (on the upper left) you put in you pick a caliber and put in your zip code once. then it factors in shipping for each of the deals that other users of that website have submitted. you can sort by price and sort by overall cost per round including shipping to find the best deal.

that's the only place online i look for ammo. i check it frequently because often times good deals on ammo are gone within a few days, but then there's another company selling ammo at a similar price.

essayons

imported post

As much as I hate to agree with HankT, he is right on this one, although likely not for the right reasons.

We don't support anti-gun businesses that do not allow lawful carry, we should apply the same criteria to businesses that support anti-rights groups.

Walmart is one of those businesses. They are in bed with Bloomberg, the Brady Bunch, Micheal Moore and a bunch more anti's. Notice how they have been shutting down more and more gun counters? No more handguns. No "handgun" ammo for someone without a photo ID proving they are over 21. Videotaping every firearm purchaser.

And this gem
If a person who buys a gun linked to a crime were to return to a Wal-Mart to buy another gun, the purchase would be flagged. It would then be up to the store whether to permit the purchase.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/15/nyregion/15bloomberg.html?ref=nyregion

So if a gun is stolen from me, and I report it stolen (linked to a crime), I may not be able to buy another gun from Walmart.

This one worries me too
When fully put into effect, the agreement would also prohibit the sale of a gun to someone whose background check comes back with inconclusive results.

I have no idea what qualifies as "inconclusive"

Walmart is not the only game in town for cheap ammo. If you aren't going to support your local FFL, you might as well shop online. Even with shipping, you can get ammo online cheaper than Walmart.

taurusfan

imported post

Interesting to note that Wal-Mart is the "largest seller of guns"

and the biggest seller of AMMO no doubt

God Bless America

BacknBlack

imported post

glockfan wrote:

God Bless America

Too bad they boot-step over their employees right to form a Union.

BacknBlack

imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
BacknBlack wrote:
glockfan wrote:

God Bless America

That's a moot point in Va. It's a right to work state.
That's why my Local is based in MD. If anyone comes to a job site asking for a job, We refer them to the Hall...Have to be a member if you want a Job.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BacknBlack wrote:
glockfan wrote:

God Bless America

Part of its business model is to keep all major cost factors low enough to deliver what its customers demand at a reasonable price.

And we like Wal-Martsprices on guns, ammunition and accesories.

Especially ammunition. :D

Pro-gun and pro-gun rights shoppers demand low prices-always!

TFred

imported post

BacknBlack wrote:
Wangmuf wrote:
BacknBlack wrote:
glockfan wrote:

God Bless America
That's why my Local is based in MD. If anyone comes to a job site asking for a job, We refer them to the Hall...Have to be a member if you want a Job.
Are you saying that for your particular job/site, whatever, you will not hire someone unless they belong to a union? Wouldn't that be illegal in this state? Are you claiming in a public forum that your employer is breaking the law?

TFred

Wangmuf

imported post

BacknBlack wrote:
Wangmuf wrote:
BacknBlack wrote:
glockfan wrote:

God Bless America

Where is the job site? And who is your employer/what local?

BacknBlack

imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
BacknBlack wrote:
Wangmuf wrote:
BacknBlack wrote:
glockfan wrote:

God Bless America

Where is the job site? And who is your employer/what local?
All I'm saying is that we (Company) hires directly and only from the hall for skilled labor. It's been that way for the last 30 years I've been there.

If someone walks in off the street and asks if we are hiring, we ask them what trade and refer them to the correct local....