Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Seattle Blog capture photo of a Nickels' gun ban sign (NGBS)

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Anybody see any downside to getting photos of open carriers next to NGBSs and posting here? Therre is no criminal penalty to violating these illegal sign right? You can just be asked to leave?

--

Park gun ban: First sign sighting in West Seattle
    October 21, 2009 at 10:23 pm | In Safety, West Seattle news, West Seattle parks |

Post imported post

Maybe what we need isa picture of a bunchofgangbangers with guns in their waistbands pointing and laughing at the sign. Oh...and don't forget the tag paint.

Then a picture of a bunch of OC guys...which would you rather have in your park?

Post imported post

or the same guys dressed up both ways.....

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

The lady makes some good points in her blog. There are some good comments too.

Banned

Post imported post

Nosrac wrote:
    Maybe what we need isa picture of a bunchofgangbangers with guns in their waistbands pointing and laughing at the sign. Oh...and don't forget the tag paint.

Then a picture of a bunch of OC guys...which would you rather have in your park?
    Awesome...

Banned

Post imported post

Nosrac wrote:

mom would say neither

Post imported post

That looks like an HK USP to me. Good choice. I think that means you can carry anything other than an USP into that park. Revolvers anyone?

Banned

Post imported post

Milbars wrote:
    That looks like an HK USP to me. Good choice. I think that means you can carry anything other than an USP into that park. Revolvers anyone?
    DAMN IT! NOOO!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Anybody see any downside to getting photos of open carriers next to NGBSs and posting here? Therre is no criminal penalty to violating these illegal sign right? You can just be asked to leave?

I was thinking the same thing, but I am going to wait because we are going to have a large gathering/protest open carrying. We are meeting this Sunday to make a plan of action.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Mike wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, but I am going to wait because we are going to have a large gathering/protest open carrying. We are meeting this Sunday to make a plan of action.
    Perhaps one protest photo could be backs turned to the camera, facing the sign, with those on the ends holding a big sign behind everyone's backs saying "Second Amendment: Infringed." or something to that effect.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

There sure are allot of clueless idiots commenting on that blog.

Post imported post

You know... think about this...

1. City puts up anti-gun signs which imply a problem with firearms.

2. Law abiding citizens comply with signs leaving themselves disarmed while in parks.

3. Criminals realize they have a new hunting ground of easy prey.

4. Crime goes up.

5. A call goes out for more enforcement and stronger laws.

6. More police are hired and more laws are made / enforced.

7. Gun control increases to deal with the 'problem'

Sad part is... the government in this case was the CAUSE of the problem.

People in Seattle need to put a stop to this chicanery now before it escalates past step #2 or #3 above. I can just see similar efforts bleeding out past Seattle if not opposed.

Post imported post

Someone should make up a bunch of stickers that say "This sign is ILLEGAL" with a cite to the state preemption code... I wonder how that would go over?

TFred

Post imported post

Bunch'a crap. City can't pre-empt state law. Nuthin' more than attemped warm fuzzies onna stick to placate the ignorant and encourage the evil.

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Someone should make up a bunch of stickers that say "This sign is ILLEGAL" with a cite to the state preemption code... I wonder how that would go over?

TFred
    +1 It would go over really well with me.

Post imported post

here we go, muchhhhh better...

Banned

Post imported post

TFred wrote:

TFred
    Avery size 5163, a word processor with label templates, and printer? FTW.

Post imported post

Streetbikerr6 -

What they should remember is the old addage: If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns!

cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Centurion

Post imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
    here we go, muchhhhh better...

I am just asking here....

Shouldn't the above BG be attired in Seattle LEO colors?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

People who think the posting of signs such as these as beeing smart and responsiblehave obviously never had their lives threatened by some wanna-be bad ass carrying a gun!

Post imported post

TFred wrote:

TFred
    I doubt it would actually happen this way, but in the near future, with the federalization and globalization of government, here's how it could go:

City workers would take the sign down for littering and sign violations, forwarding "evidence" to the local PD for fingerprints, which searches an international database of criminals & terrorists. If nothing shows up, police would check video surveillance (for your safety, of course) of you posting the sign, subsequently running your face through the DHS crime/terrorist facial recognition system (after all, you were near a playground), identifying you through the drivers license registry. Even though the video evidence has nothing to do with safety, the justification for having it there, the city will use it as evidence against your "crime".

The city will then issue you $1,000+ in tickets. Have a nice day!

America, land of the licenced, home of the enslaved.

Post imported post

just something else I wanted to add to the "no firearms allowed" bullsh--! I have been a practitioner of primitive survival skills for several years and I am completely pissed off about how many places I go to teach my children these simple but -in my opinion- neccessary skills and I find signs posted saying "NO CAMP FIRES ALLOWED".

I find this to be a complete slap in the face for those of us who look to the outdoors to help provide essencial survival skills. I am not a 'survival' nut or a fanatic, but I spent four years of my life in defence of this countrywith the USMC, and by GOD!, I will carry a gun and build a fire any place I damn well please, and furthermore, I will teach my son and dauther to do the same!!!!

Post imported post

mr.magnum wrote:
    People who think the posting of signs such as these as beeing smart and responsiblehave obviously never had their lives threatened by some wanna-be bad ass carrying a gun!
    Please tell us your encounter.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

My first encounter was when I lived in San Diego. Gun laws there did not permit me to carry a firearm, concealed or otherwise, but I often feel that no matter what the laws are, I have a definite right to defend myself and my family no matter what the statutes demand. While trying to enjoy an evening in a nearby park with my girlfriend and our infant dughter(still in a stroller) an altercation broke out between two individuals near to us. When I rose from where I was sitting to gather my family and leave, my movement caught the attention of the agressor of the two. when he turned and moved toward me I steped between him and my child , at the same time reaching under my shirt for myGlock.40. My only words were, "take one more step and it WILL be your last!", making sure he understood I wasnt just sticking my hand in my pants. The person that started out to be a hard ass gang banger instantly turned into an appologetic kid beggind menot hurt him. A few days later while walking through the same park I encountered a local officer investigating gang activity in the area. When I told him of my ordeal I was advised not to frequent the park anymore, and on top of that I was told that even if had to draw and fire in defense of myself or my family, I would most definitely be the onegoing to prison!

As i have stated before, I spent four years in the service of this nation and I am very well versed in the use of deadly force. To come home and be told not to go where I want to go, and to do nothing to defend myself or my family is an insult to the utmost degree!! What happened to the days when it was EVERYONES responsibilitiy to help police our streets and neighborhoods. I am not by any means a vigilante, but I DO NOT take sh-- from anyone who thinks they can run rampant and inflict harm and fear upon the people around them. If I am a criminal for carrying a firearm in areas where the law says I cant, then I am only a criminal becuase of some of the dumass laws in certain states I have lived in.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum, we should have another meet soon Heresolong suggested November here in Bellingham if you are interested. And its always a family event bring your loved ones.

These signs do nothing we all know that, this is a specific FU to gun owners by the soon to be ex Mayor Mr. 5 pennies. You look at the canidates who are going to replace him, not better.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast