• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Seattle Blog capture photo of a Nickels' gun ban sign (NGBS)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Anybody see any downside to getting photos of open carriers next to NGBSs and posting here? Therre is no criminal penalty to violating these illegal sign right? You can just be asked to leave?

--

Park gun ban: First sign sighting in West Seattle
October 21, 2009 at 10:23 pm | In Safety, West Seattle news, West Seattle parks |

gunsignlp.jpg

Nosrac

imported post

Maybe what we need isa picture of a bunchofgangbangers with guns in their waistbands pointing and laughing at the sign. Oh...and don't forget the tag paint.

Then a picture of a bunch of OC guys...which would you rather have in your park?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Nosrac wrote:
Maybe what we need isa picture of a bunchofgangbangers with guns in their waistbands pointing and laughing at the sign. Oh...and don't forget the tag paint.

Then a picture of a bunch of OC guys...which would you rather have in your park?
Awesome...

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

Nosrac wrote:

mom would say neither

Milbars

imported post

That looks like an HK USP to me. Good choice. I think that means you can carry anything other than an USP into that park. Revolvers anyone?:lol:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Mike wrote:
Anybody see any downside to getting photos of open carriers next to NGBSs and posting here? Therre is no criminal penalty to violating these illegal sign right? You can just be asked to leave?

I was thinking the same thing, but I am going to wait because we are going to have a large gathering/protest open carrying. We are meeting this Sunday to make a plan of action.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Mike wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, but I am going to wait because we are going to have a large gathering/protest open carrying. We are meeting this Sunday to make a plan of action.
Perhaps one protest photo could be backs turned to the camera, facing the sign, with those on the ends holding a big sign behind everyone's backs saying "Second Amendment: Infringed." or something to that effect.

darthmord

imported post

You know... think about this...

1. City puts up anti-gun signs which imply a problem with firearms.

2. Law abiding citizens comply with signs leaving themselves disarmed while in parks.

3. Criminals realize they have a new hunting ground of easy prey.

4. Crime goes up.

5. A call goes out for more enforcement and stronger laws.

6. More police are hired and more laws are made / enforced.

7. Gun control increases to deal with the 'problem'

Sad part is... the government in this case was the CAUSE of the problem.

People in Seattle need to put a stop to this chicanery now before it escalates past step #2 or #3 above. I can just see similar efforts bleeding out past Seattle if not opposed.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Bunch'a crap. City can't pre-empt state law. Nuthin' more than attemped warm fuzzies onna stick to placate the ignorant and encourage the evil.

mr.magnum

imported post

People who think the posting of signs such as these as beeing smart and responsiblehave obviously never had their lives threatened by some wanna-be bad ass carrying a gun!