• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Seattle Blog capture photo of a Nickels' gun ban sign (NGBS)

Statesman

imported post

TFred wrote:
Someone should make up a bunch of stickers that say "This sign is ILLEGAL" with a cite to the state preemption code... I wonder how that would go over?

TFred
I doubt it would actually happen this way, but in the near future, with the federalization and globalization of government, here's how it could go:

City workers would take the sign down for littering and sign violations, forwarding "evidence" to the local PD for fingerprints, which searches an international database of criminals & terrorists. If nothing shows up, police would check video surveillance (for your safety, of course) of you posting the sign, subsequently running your face through the DHS crime/terrorist facial recognition system (after all, you were near a playground), identifying you through the drivers license registry. Even though the video evidence has nothing to do with safety, the justification for having it there, the city will use it as evidence against your "crime".

The city will then issue you $1,000+ in tickets. Have a nice day!

America, land of the licenced, home of the enslaved.

mr.magnum

imported post

just something else I wanted to add to the "no firearms allowed" bullsh--! I have been a practitioner of primitive survival skills for several years and I am completely pissed off about how many places I go to teach my children these simple but -in my opinion- neccessary skills and I find signs posted saying "NO CAMP FIRES ALLOWED".

I find this to be a complete slap in the face for those of us who look to the outdoors to help provide essencial survival skills. I am not a 'survival' nut or a fanatic, but I spent four years of my life in defence of this countrywith the USMC, and by GOD!, I will carry a gun and build a fire any place I damn well please, and furthermore, I will teach my son and dauther to do the same!!!!

jbone

imported post

mr.magnum wrote:
People who think the posting of signs such as these as beeing smart and responsiblehave obviously never had their lives threatened by some wanna-be bad ass carrying a gun!
Please tell us your encounter.

mr.magnum

imported post

My first encounter was when I lived in San Diego. Gun laws there did not permit me to carry a firearm, concealed or otherwise, but I often feel that no matter what the laws are, I have a definite right to defend myself and my family no matter what the statutes demand. While trying to enjoy an evening in a nearby park with my girlfriend and our infant dughter(still in a stroller) an altercation broke out between two individuals near to us. When I rose from where I was sitting to gather my family and leave, my movement caught the attention of the agressor of the two. when he turned and moved toward me I steped between him and my child , at the same time reaching under my shirt for myGlock.40. My only words were, "take one more step and it WILL be your last!", making sure he understood I wasnt just sticking my hand in my pants. The person that started out to be a hard ass gang banger instantly turned into an appologetic kid beggind menot hurt him. A few days later while walking through the same park I encountered a local officer investigating gang activity in the area. When I told him of my ordeal I was advised not to frequent the park anymore, and on top of that I was told that even if had to draw and fire in defense of myself or my family, I would most definitely be the onegoing to prison!

As i have stated before, I spent four years in the service of this nation and I am very well versed in the use of deadly force. To come home and be told not to go where I want to go, and to do nothing to defend myself or my family is an insult to the utmost degree!! What happened to the days when it was EVERYONES responsibilitiy to help police our streets and neighborhoods. I am not by any means a vigilante, but I DO NOT take sh-- from anyone who thinks they can run rampant and inflict harm and fear upon the people around them. If I am a criminal for carrying a firearm in areas where the law says I cant, then I am only a criminal becuase of some of the dumass laws in certain states I have lived in.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Welcome to the forum, we should have another meet soon Heresolong suggested November here in Bellingham if you are interested. And its always a family event bring your loved ones.

These signs do nothing we all know that, this is a specific FU to gun owners by the soon to be ex Mayor Mr. 5 pennies. You look at the canidates who are going to replace him, not better.

proud_to_serveUSAF

imported post

"P.S. Confronting strangers anywhere is never a good idea. That’s why we call the people that we KNOW have guns."

I love this response. hahaha What can you say to argue that? I wonder...

"Oh, I don't call the police. They're too rough on criminals. I just try to persuade their doped out minds with reason, care, and logic." ??????

Sorry, I'd rather persuade them tos*** their pants and remember that day if they ever have the chance to make the same mistake.

mr.magnum

imported post

proud_to_serveUSAF wrote:
"P.S. Confronting strangers anywhere is never a good idea. That’s why we call the people that we KNOW have guns."

I love this response. hahaha What can you say to argue that? I wonder...

"Oh, I don't call the police. They're too rough on criminals. I just try to persuade their doped out minds with reason, care, and logic." ??????

Sorry, I'd rather persuade them tos*** their pants and remember that day if they ever have the chance to make the same mistake.
All I have to say is, I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!!! I will say once again, I am not a vigilante, BUT, I am vigilant in personal protection. The police are usually the guys you want to have around when sh-- goes bad. Thats what they are trained for, thats how they earn thier pay - and may I add, its not pay enough for the job they do!! As a former Marine I can honestly say that it seems the more dangerous your job, the less you get paid. The f'd upthing is, they cant always be there RIGHT when you need them, and thats not thier fualt, its a matter of proximity to the situation at hand. SO, sometimes you may run into some rott minded idiot who needs to be taught a lesson ON THE SPOT! I just happen to be one of those guys who carries that curriculum on my hip!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Where's Cho when you need him?

You may take that to have all of the half-dozen or so possible meanings that it can.

1) People that stupid deserve what they get.
2) "Man with a Gun" is usually solved by himself. "The authorities" just show up to draw chalk outlines.
3) I'd rather not be their sidewalk art.
4) The anti's exploit tragedy, why can't I?
5) At least I'm only exploiting it, instead of actively fostering it.
6) It's just plain sick to want kids to be helpless in a place that they are obviously going to convene.
7) More bodies to fuel the anti agenda that creates more bodies. Therefore, justifying the creation of more bodies...
8) How many people have to die before they finally have all the political power they trade those lives for?
9) Do these politicians' have a lust for power greater than any quantity of dead bodies could ever satiate?
10) This sign guarantees a repeat of what has happened behind so many other signs just like it.

Shall I continue?

Lammo

imported post

Mayor Nickels needs to prosecuted for Official Misconduct:

RCW 9A.80.010 Official misconduct

[/b](1) A public servant is guilty of official misconduct if, with intent to obtain a benefit or to deprive another person of a lawful right or privilege:

(a) He intentionally commits an unauthorized act under color of law; or

(b) He intentionally refrains from performing a duty imposed upon him by law.

(2) Official misconduct is a gross misdemeanor.

- - - - - - -

Citizen complaints are still allowed under CrRLJ 2.1(c).

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Hmm, I bet their convo went something a little like this picture..

edit: sorry, noticed the original article had no mention of the state's attorney general and his challenge on these signs.. here is the article..

http://seattlest.com/2008/10/16/mckenna_challenges_nickels_gunfree.php

amurrica.jpg

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Lammo wrote:

[/b](1) A public servant is guilty of official misconduct if, with intent to obtain a benefit or to deprive another person of a lawful right or privilege:

- - - - - - -

You are the lawyer right, show us how to do this, or is it like most justice nowadays, it takes money to make the system work.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Lammo wrote:

- - - - - - -

You are the lawyer right, show us how to do this, or is it like most justice nowadays, it takes money to make the system work.

If only the AG had said "You have 7 days to comply, rescind the executive order, and destroy the signs (even if you personally have to go to each one and beat it down with a sledgehammer), or I will have the state police publicly arrest you for 9A.80.010."

sudden valley gunner

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
If only the AG had said "You have 7 days to comply, rescind the executive order, and destroy the signs (even if you personally have to go to each one and beat it down with a sledgehammer), or I will have the state police publicly arrest you for 9A.80.010."
Not that would be awsome.

M

McX

imported post

Cute gun ban sign. But c'mon guys; we all know the gang bangers aren't in the parks, nor in the school zones! They're biusy robbing people on the street, peddling drugs, robbing gas stations, jacking cars, and oh yes; they're casing your house right now for a planned home invasion!:D

Streetbikerr6

imported post

McX wrote:
Cute gun ban sign. But c'mon guys; we all know the gang bangers aren't in the parks, nor in the school zones! They're biusy robbing people on the street, peddling drugs, robbing gas stations, jacking cars, and oh yes; they're casing your house right now for a planned home invasion!:D

The reason they put these signs up was because of a park shooting there that happened recently that almost killed a woman.

But do you think if that sign was up when that happened, the criminal with the gun would have been like "oh shit.. no guns allowed, guess I have to kill somewhere they allow guns". Give me a effing break, this governer is a fukcing moron.