• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonnell Deeds or Write in Candidate?

Who is the most Pro Gun Candidate for Governor?

• Deeds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McDonnell

• Write in Candidate

• Not worth my time to vote

• Total voters

Glock27Bill

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Infidel wrote:
richarcm wrote:
At this point its not so much who is more gun friendly but who sucks up or refuses to suck up to the demands of their party. Deeds, regardless of how friendly he has been in the past, will likely fold to the pressure of the anti-gun lobby. A lobby that Bloomberg would almost certainly push onto Deeds in order to have Deeds approve of more gun control. Bob is more likely to become more gun friendly by listening to his lobbyists. In that sense I think Bob would be FAR better for gun rights than Deeds. With Ken working with him...I think Phil would be bored for a few years. We all might. Who would we write, protest or complain about?
Richard, Don't forget; WE STILL HAVE Osama-Obama to contend with in the White House! He's just getting started!
If NJ and VA go (R) next month, the writing is on the wall for Congress.
Color my cynical, but a year away is an eternity in politics.

You and I won't waiver, but my faith in the general populous is non-existent.

AbNo

imported post

streetdoc wrote:
I understand the idea of symbolic votes to let your displeasure be know but I have never been one to waste a vote. I'll vote for the person that has a competitive chance of winning that will do the most good or the least amount of damage.
And thus the country makes one step further to hell.

hsmith

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
hsmith wrote:
Infidel wrote:
richarcm wrote:
At this point its not so much who is more gun friendly but who sucks up or refuses to suck up to the demands of their party. Deeds, regardless of how friendly he has been in the past, will likely fold to the pressure of the anti-gun lobby. A lobby that Bloomberg would almost certainly push onto Deeds in order to have Deeds approve of more gun control. Bob is more likely to become more gun friendly by listening to his lobbyists. In that sense I think Bob would be FAR better for gun rights than Deeds. With Ken working with him...I think Phil would be bored for a few years. We all might. Who would we write, protest or complain about?
Richard, Don't forget; WE STILL HAVE Osama-Obama to contend with in the White House! He's just getting started!
If NJ and VA go (R) next month, the writing is on the wall for Congress.
Color my cynical, but a year away is an eternity in politics.

You and I won't waiver, but my faith in the general populous is non-existent.
Well, I mean, it isn't like we could actually depend on the R's to do anything. They won't promote freedom, downsizing, or peace.

I don't even know the point of voting.

wylde007

imported post

hsmith wrote:
I was waxing on that very topic just yesterday.

When aboard a slave galleon on the high seas, being allowed to vote for anew driver doesn't necessarily reduce the sting of his whip, does it?

tcmech

imported post

after I saw the Obama for Deeds commercial, I knew i was voting for whoever else was running

usaf0906

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
hsmith wrote:
Ya, best to do nothing. :?

IMHO even small gains are worth the effort.

Yata hey

Some people say that one person wont make a difference. On the surface this may hold true, but if you peel back the onion you can see that this type of attitude can be contagious. People can spread it to their kids, co-workers, neighbors.

Instead of spreading a negative and dangerous point of view, we should embrace the freedoms we have, and strive to keep them.

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

hsmith

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
hsmith wrote:
Ya, best to do nothing. :?

IMHO even small gains are worth the effort.

Yata hey
Don't get me wrong, I will cast a vote.

But, I am of the mindset "if your vote mattered they wouldn't let you"

:D

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

Tangentially related: I volunteered at a beer fest here in Blacksburg this weekend and while pouring beer for Wolf Hills Brewery, Creigh Deeds came and got a beer from me. Shook hands, tried to give me a sticker, I politely declined, he moved on to other parts of the crowd.

Fiancee' and I both commented that it was an interesting place to meet a gubernatorial candidate.

Just a fun anecdote from my weekend.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
Tangentially related: I volunteered at a beer fest here in Blacksburg this weekend and while pouring beer for Wolf Hills Brewery, Creigh Deeds came and got a beer from me. Shook hands, tried to give me a sticker, I politely declined, he moved on to other parts of the crowd.

Fiancee' and I both commented that it was an interesting place to meet a gubernatorial candidate.

Just a fun anecdote from my weekend.
Maybe he thinks alcohol and voters are a good mix. :? :)

Eric Cantor chose exactly the same think at Snagajob (hate that name) pavillion in Richmond.

Hard to tell the difference isn't it.

Yata hey

The Wolfhound

imported post

When considering not voting, remember the words of Edmund Burke: All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing. I agree, even small gains are worthwhile. Stop the Liberal slide.

Thundar

imported post

Not a single vote for Deeds. James Madison would be proud OCDO! Don't forget to vote tomorrow. Open carry if it is not illegal at your polling place .

ColdSteel

imported post

I know that of the two, McDonnel is less damaging to gun rights. But there are far more important things (IMO) than gun rights in my life and views. No matter if the worst case scenerio was to happen and a far fetched gun ban was implemented, I, as an American, would never adhere to their laws. I would carry(concealed) no matter what. My life is worth breaking a law. IMO Bob Mcdonnel is a Mysoginist man who would like to put legislation on every woman's Uterus, and also impose his religious values on everyone else. Isn't that idealogy what we're fighting in the middle east? I think he's a fake patriot who waves the flag and is the first to complain about paying taxes. No pro life christian supremisist will ever get my vote or impose their values on me. I never said I would vote for Criegh Deed. please excuse any misspellings

ColdSteel

imported post

I know that of the two, McDonnel is less damaging to gun rights. But there are far more important things (IMO) than gun rights in my life and views. No matter if the worst case scenerio was to happen and a far fetched gun ban was implemented, I, as an American, would never adhere to their laws. I would carry(concealed) no matter what. My life is worth breaking a law. IMO Bob Mcdonnel is a Mysoginist man who would like to put legislation on every woman's Uterus, and also impose his religious values on everyone else. Isn't that idealogy what we're fighting in the middle east? I think he's a fake patriot who waves the flag and is the first to complain about paying taxes. No pro life christian supremisist will ever get my vote or impose their values on me. I never said I would vote for Criegh Deed. please excuse any misspellings

Virginiaplanter

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
hsmith wrote:
I was waxing on that very topic just yesterday.

When aboard a slave galleon on the high seas, being allowed to vote for anew driver doesn't necessarily reduce the sting of his whip, does it?

No, But it sure does give you piece of mind that Democracy works and your vote counts.

"The right of voting is a constitutional right, not to be intermeddled with by the ordinary legislature. If they can interfere at all, they may perpetually change and alter it, so as to suit party purposes and views; and some future legislature may even adopt the dangerous principle of universal suffrage."

Universal Suffrage and freedom are not the same. Democracy and Constitutional Republic are not the same.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
tcmech wrote:
after I saw the Obama for Deeds commercial, I knew i was voting for whoever else was running
+1 It made me sick. What the heck was deeds thinking?
Deeds is brain dead. You don't buck the gun lobby in Va and expect much future in the top offices. Sure it happens once in a while, but in order to pull it off, the Republicans have to shoot themselves in the foot. Remember Kilgore.

Now that it's election day, I'll speak my mind about McDonnell's choice in campaign advisors. He took a big chance and fortunately, he got by with it.