• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maine Pit Shooters

doorbell

imported post

So I have been googling around looking for pits in Maine to shoot in. I am marking a google map up so it can be shared. Anyone here want to contribute?

I found a few posts on various sights and have gone on a scouting mission or two.

Cheers.

Deuce1911

imported post

theres a couple near me in York. They are off of Witchtrot Road. Then there is one off Dillingham Road in North Berwick/Lebonon line.

jay75009

imported post

Deuce1911 wrote:
theres a couple near me in York. They are off of Witchtrot Road. Then there is one off Dillingham Road in North Berwick/Lebonon line.
the one off dillingham i was at this past weekend! AWESOME pit........everyone shoots there. the road out is pretty crappy though ahha

Deuce1911

imported post

lol yea its nice! the road too lol. let me know when you goin again we should all link up and throw some lead down range!

mobius

imported post

doorbell wrote:
So I have been googling around looking for pits in Maine to shoot in.  I am marking a google map up so it can be shared.  Anyone here want to contribute?

I found a few posts on various sights and have gone on a scouting mission or two. 

Cheers.
Hi,
Good idea.
I use a pit down the road (by permission). I wouldn't call it open to the public but I can use it whenever If anyone wants to get together. It's 400 ft across, which is convenient for zeroing. We usually shoot sunday
I'm in Blanchard TWP just south of Greenville.
mobius@myfairpoint.net
peace
fred

jay75009

imported post

mobius wrote:
doorbell wrote:
So I have been googling around looking for pits in Maine to shoot in. I am marking a google map up so it can be shared. Anyone here want to contribute?

Cheers.
Hi,
Good idea.
I use a pit down the road (by permission). I wouldn't call it open to the public but I can use it whenever If anyone wants to get together. It's 400 ft across, which is convenient for zeroing. We usually shoot sunday
I'm in Blanchard TWP just south of Greenville.
mobius@myfairpoint.net
peace
fred
that is a good idea! i only know of the one on dillingham............there used to be the one in berwick at diamond hill. where the old trashed trailer was.........but since then someone has removed the trailer, and built a house and i see not a single new shell casing in the pit........leads me to believe you cant shoot there anymore.

If anyone knows of any other pits in southern Maine where ya can go shooting. listing them would be great for us pit hunters ;-)

doorbell

imported post

Mobius, I emailed you a link so you can add a location, comments, and share accordingly.

I dont want the mash up to be open to the public as i am concerned about the information being abused, etc. If anyone is interested, post here or send me a pm.
Anyone who contributes can share it too.

crookarrow

imported post

i can shoot in a pit really close to my home. i went there to shoot with former retired fbi director, his kids and my kids. we always enjoyed together. pit is just down my road about a thousand feet away. if you want to know where, email me.
arrow

MainelyGlock

Sorry to post on such an old thread, but I have been looking for pits like the ones ya'll have mentioned for the last few months. If any are still open to use, please let me know! I really just need a place to get used to my new carry gun that's not a gun club. Thanks, and happy (and safe) shooting!