Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Richmond OC Breakfast 9:30 AM 10/24/09

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    The Usual Suspects will be at the IHOP on Midlothian Turnpike near the VSP HQ at 9:30 AM on Saturday 12/24/09 to begin plotting mischief and mayhem.

    One of them may be trekking up to see Men ThrowingHeavy Objects later in the day.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  2. #2
    Regular Member kennys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ruther Glen Va
    Posts
    508

    Post imported post

    I will try to be there, it may do me a little good to get away as my dad passed away about 3:00pm today. Could you post a link to some better directions, I am not that good with the area.

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,694

    Post imported post

    I sure hope you get better service than the last time we went there!

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619

    Post imported post

    Extremely sorry to hear of your father passing Kenny.




    Please note that the breakfast is not on Christmas Eve as Skid has posted in OP.

    It is this Sat. Oct. 24th - I will be there then.

    Yata hey


    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    Any Breakfast plans for this saturday the 31st.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619

    Post imported post

    papabear wrote:
    Any Breakfast plans for this saturday the 31st.
    None yet.

    New gun show this week-end at Meadow Farms may effect some breakfast regulars.

    Will check with those involved with the show and post something later today or Thursday at the latest.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    Thanks just trying to meet up with some of yall .Have attempted to make a couple of oc dinners to no avail.

    Figured breakfast would be easier ,but even on that note I see where yall meet at 9.30 man oh man that is a late bfast for this boy.

    I work 4 am till 6 pm most days so bfast is usually 7am for me .And it is a tough schedule to break.

    I will keep trying.Wish I could make the gun show , maybe Sunday I will see

    thanx again.

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619

    Post imported post

    papabear wrote:
    Thanks just trying to meet up with some of yall .Have attempted to make a couple of oc dinners to no avail.

    Figured breakfast would be easier ,but even on that note I see where yall meet at 9.30 man oh man that is a late bfast for this boy.

    I work 4 am till 6 pm most days so bfast is usually 7am for me .And it is a tough schedule to break.

    I will keep trying.Wish I could make the gun show , maybe Sunday I will see

    thanx again.
    Actually because of the gun show, any meet-up for breakfast might be much earlier.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member kennys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ruther Glen Va
    Posts
    508

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    papabear wrote:
    Thanks just trying to meet up with some of yall .Have attempted to make a couple of oc dinners to no avail.

    Figured breakfast would be easier ,but even on that note I see where yall meet at 9.30 man oh man that is a late bfast for this boy.

    I work 4 am till 6 pm most days so bfast is usually 7am for me .And it is a tough schedule to break.

    I will keep trying.Wish I could make the gun show , maybe Sunday I will see

    thanx again.
    Actually because of the gun show, any meet-up for breakfast might be much earlier.

    Yata hey
    I knowSkid has me on the schedule to work 9:00 to 12:00. If you plan on doing something I would say at the truck stop as before, or no farther than Ashland somewhere, and I would say it would have to be about 7:00 or 7:30. Just a thought.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    I could make somthing in the ashland area. Early am.where and when .

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    I will try and ck this thread tomorrow.And see what is going on.

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619

    Post imported post

    7:30 AM Sat. Oct 31st

    Doswell truck stop of I-95 north - Kings Dominion exit.

    Several people need to be at gun show at 8:30 AM to set up VCDL table.

    Doswell All American Plaza Inc 10222 Kings Dominion Blvd, Doswell, VA (804) 876-3712‎

    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe...88209081398674

    New thread started.

    Yata hey


    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    Good to meet some folks,put some faces with names.Didnt meet everyone that showed for breakfast ,maybe next time.

    If I am ever to eat there again I will be ordering from the menu...:shock:

    Buffet could use a little help imo.

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619

    Post imported post

    papabear wrote:
    Good to meet some folks,put some faces with names.Didnt meet everyone that showed for breakfast ,maybe next time.

    If I am ever to eat there again I will be ordering from the menu...:shock:

    Buffet could use a little help imo.
    Good to see you. We were kind of split up at multiple tables weren't we.

    Breakfast buffets do not make it for me - I like my eggs less than an hour old. :P

    Been searching locations for somebody that makes real, honest home fries - the kind where the potatoes are browned, done well and with onions. That would be like finding the Holy Grail.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    I go to the home, sign him out after checking that he got his meds already, and pick up the drool bib and spare crying towel. I get him to breakfast and let him have coffee before I get my own cuppa joe. I even remind him to ask for ice water and crispy bacon.

    From now on I'm going to ask the nice nurses at the home if I can have some valium or something too, so I can deal with his refusal to serve cheese and crackers with the whine.

    If it were not for the money the other patients at the home give me for taking him out once a week I'd just leave him there watching Barney reruns.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  18. #18
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    I go to the home, sign him out after checking that he got his meds already, and pick up the drool bib and spare crying towel. I get him to breakfast and let him have coffee before I get my own cuppa joe. I even remind him to ask for ice water and crispy bacon.

    From now on I'm going to ask the nice nurses at the home if I can have some valium or something too, so I can deal with his refusal to serve cheese and crackers with the whine.

    If it were not for the money the other patients at the home give me for taking him out once a week I'd just leave him there watching Barney reruns.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    Doing my best for the group - when you talk about me, you're leaving someone else alone. Its a service I provide.

    Some people think that Krats are a delicacy best served cold. I hear that you even traded your MREs for them whenever possible.

    Do you have any more that begin with "once upon a time?"

    Yata hey

    P.S. Stay out of my meds - gitcha own.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •