• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC Breakfast 9:30 AM 10/24/09

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Usual Suspects will be at the IHOP on Midlothian Turnpike near the VSP HQ at 9:30 AM on Saturday 12/24/09 to begin plotting mischief and mayhem.

One of them may be trekking up to see Men ThrowingHeavy Objects later in the day.

stay safe.

skidmark

kennys

imported post

I will try to be there, it may do me a little good to get away as my dad passed away about 3:00pm today. Could you post a link to some better directions, I am not that good with the area.

kennys

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Extremely sorry to hear of your father passing Kenny.

Please note that the breakfast is not on Christmas Eve as Skid has posted in OP.

It is this Sat. Oct. 24th - I will be there then.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

papabear wrote:
Any Breakfast plans for this saturday the 31st.
None yet.

New gun show this week-end at Meadow Farms may effect some breakfast regulars.

Will check with those involved with the show and post something later today or Thursday at the latest.

Yata hey

papabear

imported post

Thanks just trying to meet up with some of yall .Have attempted to make a couple of oc dinners to no avail.

Figured breakfast would be easier ,but even on that note I see where yall meet at 9.30 man oh man that is a late bfast for this boy.

I work 4 am till 6 pm most days so bfast is usually 7am for me .And it is a tough schedule to break.

I will keep trying.Wish I could make the gun show , maybe Sunday I will see

thanx again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

papabear wrote:
Thanks just trying to meet up with some of yall .Have attempted to make a couple of oc dinners to no avail.

Figured breakfast would be easier ,but even on that note I see where yall meet at 9.30 man oh man that is a late bfast for this boy.

I work 4 am till 6 pm most days so bfast is usually 7am for me .And it is a tough schedule to break.

thanx again.
Actually because of the gun show, any meet-up for breakfast might be much earlier.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
papabear wrote:

thanx again.
Actually because of the gun show, any meet-up for breakfast might be much earlier.

Yata hey
I knowSkid has me on the schedule to work 9:00 to 12:00. If you plan on doing something I would say at the truck stop as before, or no farther than Ashland somewhere, and I would say it would have to be about 7:00 or 7:30. Just a thought.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

papabear

imported post

Good to meet some folks,put some faces with names.Didnt meet everyone that showed for breakfast ,maybe next time.

If I am ever to eat there again I will be ordering from the menu...:shock:

Buffet could use a little help imo.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

papabear wrote:
Good to meet some folks,put some faces with names.Didnt meet everyone that showed for breakfast ,maybe next time.

If I am ever to eat there again I will be ordering from the menu...:shock:

Buffet could use a little help imo.
Good to see you. We were kind of split up at multiple tables weren't we.

Breakfast buffets do not make it for me - I like my eggs less than an hour old. :p

Been searching locations for somebody that makes real, honest home fries - the kind where the potatoes are browned, done well and with onions. That would be like finding the Holy Grail.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I go to the home, sign him out after checking that he got his meds already, and pick up the drool bib and spare crying towel. I get him to breakfast and let him have coffee before I get my own cuppa joe. I even remind him to ask for ice water and crispy bacon.

From now on I'm going to ask the nice nurses at the home if I can have some valium or something too, so I can deal with his refusal to serve cheese and crackers with the whine.

If it were not for the money the other patients at the home give me for taking him out once a week I'd just leave him there watching Barney reruns.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
I go to the home, sign him out after checking that he got his meds already, and pick up the drool bib and spare crying towel. I get him to breakfast and let him have coffee before I get my own cuppa joe. I even remind him to ask for ice water and crispy bacon.

From now on I'm going to ask the nice nurses at the home if I can have some valium or something too, so I can deal with his refusal to serve cheese and crackers with the whine.

If it were not for the money the other patients at the home give me for taking him out once a week I'd just leave him there watching Barney reruns.

stay safe.

skidmark
Doing my best for the group - when you talk about me, you're leaving someone else alone. Its a service I provide. :)

Some people think that Krats are a delicacy best served cold. I hear that you even traded your MREs for them whenever possible.

Do you have any more that begin with "once upon a time?"

Yata hey

P.S. Stay out of my meds - gitcha own.