Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: CA Girl Shot Outside of a Preschool

  1. #1
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post



    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews



    INGLEWOOD, Calif.— California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.[/b]

    Lt. Michael McBride says several men got into a confrontation with a driver at about 12:45 p.m. Thursday and shots were fired. The girl was walking with her mother when she was hit.

    McBride says she was taken to the hospital and her wound was not life-threatening. He did not say where she was wounded.

    No arrests were made.

    McBride says the girl didn't attend the preschool and none of the schoolchildren were hurt. Parents were called to take them home.

    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  2. #2
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    I would not be surprised to see legislation expanding 626.9 to cover preschools next.

    Hopefully we get incorporation first, and 626.9 can be laid to rest in the dumpster.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    coolusername2007 wrote:


    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews



    INGLEWOOD, Calif.— California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.

    Lt. Michael McBride says several men got into a confrontation with a driver at about 12:45 p.m. Thursday and shots were fired. The girl was walking with her mother when she was hit.

    McBride says she was taken to the hospital and her wound was not life-threatening. He did not say where she was wounded.

    No arrests were made.

    McBride says the girl didn't attend the preschool and none of the schoolchildren were hurt. Parents were called to take them home.
    this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it, so how did this happen?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fresno, California, USA
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    suntzu wrote:
    ...
    this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it, so how did this happen?
    Well, I think it's fairly obvious - he found a loophole in the law. We'd better figure out what it is so we can have the state legislature close it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    fresno, California, USA
    Posts
    210

    Post imported post

    Captain_Awesome wrote:
    Well, I think it's fairly obvious - he found a loophole in the law. We'd better figure out what it is so we can have the state legislature close it.
    The loop hole is as follows: The shooter was most likely a low life thug that doesnt follow laws. therefore nothing was stopping him from carrying illegallyin the first place. Or from shooting someone.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sunnyvale, California, USA
    Posts
    171

    Post imported post

    suntzu wrote:
    coolusername2007 wrote:


    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews



    INGLEWOOD, Calif.*—* California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.

    Lt. Michael McBride says several men got into a confrontation with a driver at about 12:45 p.m. Thursday and shots were fired. The girl was walking with her mother when she was hit.

    McBride says she was taken to the hospital and her wound was not life-threatening. He did not say where she was wounded.

    No arrests were made.

    McBride says the girl didn't attend the preschool and none of the schoolchildren were hurt. Parents were called to take them home.
    this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it,* so how did this happen?
    Criminals don't care about laws, see ... they just do what they want, and, if you are not armed, you will suffer. I hope this answers your naive query.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elk Grove, California, USA
    Posts
    17

    Post imported post

    Lead Lobber wrote:
    suntzu wrote:
    coolusername2007 wrote:


    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews



    INGLEWOOD, Calif.— California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.

    Lt. Michael McBride says several men got into a confrontation with a driver at about 12:45 p.m. Thursday and shots were fired. The girl was walking with her mother when she was hit.

    McBride says she was taken to the hospital and her wound was not life-threatening. He did not say where she was wounded.

    No arrests were made.

    McBride says the girl didn't attend the preschool and none of the schoolchildren were hurt. Parents were called to take them home.
    this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it, so how did this happen?
    Criminals don't care about laws, see ... they just do what they want, and, if you are not armed, you will suffer. I hope this answers your naive query.
    I am sure Cooluser was being sarcastic.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •