Thread: CA Girl Shot Outside of a Preschool

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

INGLEWOOD, Calif.— California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.[/b]

Lt. Michael McBride says several men got into a confrontation with a driver at about 12:45 p.m. Thursday and shots were fired. The girl was walking with her mother when she was hit.

McBride says she was taken to the hospital and her wound was not life-threatening. He did not say where she was wounded.

No arrests were made.

McBride says the girl didn't attend the preschool and none of the schoolchildren were hurt. Parents were called to take them home.

"Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

I would not be surprised to see legislation expanding 626.9 to cover preschools next.

Hopefully we get incorporation first, and 626.9 can be laid to rest in the dumpster.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:

INGLEWOOD, Calif.— California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.

Lt. Michael McBride says several men got into a confrontation with a driver at about 12:45 p.m. Thursday and shots were fired. The girl was walking with her mother when she was hit.

McBride says she was taken to the hospital and her wound was not life-threatening. He did not say where she was wounded.

No arrests were made.

McBride says the girl didn't attend the preschool and none of the schoolchildren were hurt. Parents were called to take them home.
    this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it, so how did this happen?

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:
    this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it, so how did this happen?
    Well, I think it's fairly obvious - he found a loophole in the law. We'd better figure out what it is so we can have the state legislature close it.

Post imported post

Captain_Awesome wrote:
    Well, I think it's fairly obvious - he found a loophole in the law. We'd better figure out what it is so we can have the state legislature close it.
    The loop hole is as follows: The shooter was most likely a low life thug that doesnt follow laws. therefore nothing was stopping him from carrying illegallyin the first place. Or from shooting someone.

Banned

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:
    coolusername2007 wrote:

INGLEWOOD, Calif.*—* California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.

No arrests were made.

this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it,* so how did this happen?
    Criminals don't care about laws, see ... they just do what they want, and, if you are not armed, you will suffer. I hope this answers your naive query.

Post imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
    suntzu wrote:
    coolusername2007 wrote:

INGLEWOOD, Calif.— California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.

No arrests were made.

Criminals don't care about laws, see ... they just do what they want, and, if you are not armed, you will suffer. I hope this answers your naive query.
    I am sure Cooluser was being sarcastic.