• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA Girl Shot Outside of a Preschool

coolusername2007

imported post

:banghead:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569209,00.html?test=latestnews

INGLEWOOD, Calif.— California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.[/b]

Lt. Michael McBride says several men got into a confrontation with a driver at about 12:45 p.m. Thursday and shots were fired. The girl was walking with her mother when she was hit.

McBride says she was taken to the hospital and her wound was not life-threatening. He did not say where she was wounded.

No arrests were made.

McBride says the girl didn't attend the preschool and none of the schoolchildren were hurt. Parents were called to take them home.

demnogis

imported post

I would not be surprised to see legislation expanding 626.9 to cover preschools next.

Hopefully we get incorporation first, and 626.9 can be laid to rest in the dumpster.

suntzu

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:

INGLEWOOD, Calif.— California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.

Lt. Michael McBride says several men got into a confrontation with a driver at about 12:45 p.m. Thursday and shots were fired. The girl was walking with her mother when she was hit.

McBride says she was taken to the hospital and her wound was not life-threatening. He did not say where she was wounded.

No arrests were made.

McBride says the girl didn't attend the preschool and none of the schoolchildren were hurt. Parents were called to take them home.
this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it, so how did this happen?

Captain_Awesome

imported post

suntzu wrote:
this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it, so how did this happen?
Well, I think it's fairly obvious - he found a loophole in the law. We'd better figure out what it is so we can have the state legislature close it.

poothrowingape

imported post

Captain_Awesome wrote:
Well, I think it's fairly obvious - he found a loophole in the law. We'd better figure out what it is so we can have the state legislature close it.
The loop hole is as follows: The shooter was most likely a low life thug that doesnt follow laws. therefore nothing was stopping him from carrying illegallyin the first place. Or from shooting someone.

Bull Frog

imported post

suntzu wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

INGLEWOOD, Calif. —  California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.

No arrests were made.

this is tragic--but I must ask the serious question--it is against the law to carry a loaded gun without a permit in CA, and permits are next to impossible to get as I understand it,  so how did this happen?

Criminals don't care about laws, see ... they just do what they want, and, if you are not armed, you will suffer. I hope this answers your naive query.

mavue

imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
suntzu wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

INGLEWOOD, Calif.— California police say a 4-year-old girl walking down a street was wounded by a stray bullet in a shooting outside a preschool.

No arrests were made.

Criminals don't care about laws, see ... they just do what they want, and, if you are not armed, you will suffer. I hope this answers your naive query.

I am sure Cooluser was being sarcastic.