• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bay Area Meetup With Media Film Crew.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

If you live in the Bay Area and would like to come out and support the progress made in the last year, PM me for details.

Concerns about the media presence should also be sent via PM please.

Act fast it will be this week or next!

Please do not use this thread to discus anything other than whether or not you can make it.

Thanks. See you all there!

bigtoe416

imported post

I definitely plan on attending...and this time I'll remember to bring unobvs's folder. I promise!

bigtoe416

imported post

It hasn't happened yet. Feel free to PM bad_ace if you want to attend. Just click on the link next to "Logged in as <username>" at the top. It'll probably say "No new messages" but it could say "# new messages". Then click "write new" then type in bad_ace in the "to" field and type your message.

bad_ace

imported post

anymoose, thanks for your interest and welcome to the forums.

I'll have to apologize, we typically love having new comers come out to meet forum members over drinks or at a picnic.

But in this case we have a small media presence and we'd like veteran open carriers (OCers) to attend.

As you have '1' post, I think it best you attend a general meet up first.

dirtykoala

imported post

sounds fair enough to me. i understand your concern. i should probably do more research on the unloadedOC topics and then maybe i can join you next time.

-anymoose

bigtoe416

imported post

Absolutely. We'll probably be having another Bay Area meetup before the end of the year. You're more than welcome to come to that event either armed or just to come and meet everybody.

bigtoe416

imported post

Good meetup. Thanks go out to bad_ace for setting everything up and for letting me borrow a mag holster. I realized I had forgotten both of my mag holsters when i was putting my sidearm in its holster.

It's a good thing unobvious didn't show, because I forgot his folder yet again. Apparently I'm quite forgetful.

bigtoe416

imported post

There was a channel 2 news crew there, KTVU. They spoke to bad_ace for an hour prior to the meetup, then they spoke to SouthBayr after dirty_koala and I and SouthBayr's son passed on being interviewed. Talltree showed up after the news crew had left.

I dunno when the story is supposed to be run.

bad_ace

imported post

Thanks for everyone that showed up this evening.

I'll put together another get together soon.

And I'll post a copy of what they air.

bigtoe416

imported post

I've been checking their website fairly regularly and I haven't seen anything. It's been 16 days now...maybe you guys gave your interviews so well that's it's taking them a while to manipulate everything you said into making us look badly. :cool:

tall_tree

imported post

Can't wait to see how it is packaged.

What kind of good or bad fallout can we expect? I am sure any news piece will generate a flurry of interest. Probably both positive and negative.

Any thoughts on how best to handle the sudden interest, especially with the possibility of more bay area uoc'er coming into the fold?