• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bay Area Meetup With Media Film Crew.

wewd

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
I hope that the holstered gun shown in that ad is not from your group. If so, that is just saaaaaad.

Looks like a Beretta 92/96 Inox (or clone) in a Serpa. What's wrong with it?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Pretty decent story. The ending could be better in terms of story construction, but they don't say anything bad. It's amusing that Sunnyvale's policy is that they can't search for the serial number when dirtykoala was searched purely for the reason of recording the serial number. Maybe this is their new policy.

coolusername2007

imported post

"How do we protect the public and ourselves in dealing with somebody who clearly has a firearm on their person," says Capt. Doug Moretto.

I could ask the same question about me and my family's safety when confronted by a bad guy. Or is he Captain America who will come to my rescue while I'm screaming like a school girl during an attack? Such narrow mindedness! He thinks our rights are all about him and his "duties". Give me a break. Can someone please get him a copy of the educational brochure?

Edit: No, not a bad piece overall. Just don't care for some of the Capt's comments. But in all fairness, its late, I'm tired, and I could be a little edgy right now.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
Not a bad piece (pun intended). Too bad they didn't get any websites in.
There is a link to californiaopencarry.org from the "special reports" tab on the home page. There's also a pic of a guy I've never seen open carrying in a restaurant.

Any links to the video for the televisionless?

dirtykoala

imported post

not bad. im pretty upset that the first and so far only coment on the story is "the only good cop is a dead cop"

i hope that person doesnt start open carrying

i want video!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

The story seemed to be pretty well balanced. It would not turn antis away from their stand however, I think this was informative enough that those who are cerebrally engaged could take something positive away from it. Perhaps those who have seen this will not automatically dial 911 as their first reaction to seeing a holstered firearm.

Having a uniformed cop say so on camera was just shy of an endorsment- even if he could not articulate why someone would want to do this.

The unintended consequences though could assert themselves immediately-

1) Those wishing to excersize their right may do so without taking the oft given advice that can be found here.

2) The antis could use this as an opportunity to confront UOC'rs

It was a little dissappointing that the OCDO website was not incorporated in the bit, however, I'm sure the web savvy can plug "open carry" into google and find us.

coolusername2007

imported post

Overall, a pretty goodnews report. I thought theydid a pretty good job of articulating the message. I would have liked better news clips of the OC'ers responses. I wonder how many in the general public will pick up on the fact that this is a right, and that the police personnel interviewed are not interested in you exercising this right. I mean really, what's the value? Geez, I guess you really can't expect toomuch from government employees.

jfrey123

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Just found out the piece is being aired in Nevada also. I guess they have a FOX station that collects stories from all over the country.

Just wanted to sound off that I hard the radio teaser in Reno, NV today. I missed the news when it aired, but I found the below mentioned link and have circulated it on the NV forum here as well as NevadaShooters.com.

I've got a few mixed emotions, but overall felt the article was positive (or at least not negative...). I'm a self appointed expert on the NV laws, and somewhat limited on my knowledge of the CA laws.... but it sounded like they presented all the facts properly. I was impressed that they openly discussed the "e" check and made it clear they can not run serial numbers or disarm you for the entire stop.

Overall, I'm thinking this was one for the win column for you folks!!! Just my humble opinion from the Free America on the other side of the Sierra Mountains. :celebrate