Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sacramento State Murder

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Folsom, , USA
    Posts
    389

    Post imported post

    He was murdered 30 minutes after I left the campus. I love how the school pres says "we do everything we can to ensure safety" though they don't allow me to carry a gun to defend myself against these psycho's... makes me sick going to this school. They don't even allow you to own a gun in the dorm, if this kid was allowed to, he might be walking alive today instead of having his murderer be treated like an angel in the hospital. Where's the Brady campaigns ban on baseball bats?? notice the kid had to be stopped with use of a firearm, hmm what does that tell you ignorant liberals.



    http://www.news10.net/news/story.asp...14&catid=2

    SACRAMENTO, CA - The Sacramento County Coroner's Office identified the 23-year-old Sacramento State student killed in an altercation Wednesday as Scott Hawkins from Sacramento.
    Sacramento State Updates
    Hawkins, a transfer student, died from blunt-force trauma, according to Sacramento State University President Alexander Gonzalez. Suspected in the killing is Hawkins' roommate, 19-year-old Quran Jones, according to ;olice investigators.
    Jones was shot while attacking campus police following the fight in the students' dorm room, campus police said.
    Jones is currently hospitalized at the UC Davis Medical Center following surgery late Wednesday. He is in stable condition, according to officials, and under arrest for assaulting a police officer, authorities said. Jones may face murder charges after the attack in the room at the American River Courtyard dormitory, Sac State police Sgt. Joe Green said.
    Hawkins was pronounced dead a short time after the attack that happened between 2 and 2:30 Wednesday afternoon.
    Sacramento State Police Chief Dan Davis said officers arrived on the scene after other students reported a disturbance in the first-floor dorm room.
    Davis said officers found an agitated Jones armed with an 8-inch, single-edge knife and ordered him to drop the weapon. Davis said the officers fired a pepperball gun at Jones.
    "It was not effective and the suspect kept coming at the officers with the knife," Davis said.
    Davis said that was when at least one officer opened fire on Jones. It was not known how many times Jones was hit.
    SLIDESHOW: Sac State dorm locked down after police shooting; 10/21/09, 4 p.m.
    Both officers involved in the shooting were placed on paid administrative leave, Davis said.
    Hawkins was found unconscious on the dorm room floor. He was transported to UC Davis Medcial Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
    Soon after the attack, Sacramento Police Department Sgt. Norm Leong said Jones had used a baseball bat during the attack. Later, Sacramento State authorities could not confirm a bat was used.
    While investigators said they did not know if the students knew each other beforehand, other dorm residents told News10 that the two men were roommates.
    "It was an isolated incident and the campus is safe," Davis said.
    Authorities were working to determine what sparked the attack, said Sac State police Sgt. Joe Green said.
    Green said Jones was expected to be charged with the attempted murder of a police officer.
    American River Courtyard was cordoned off for about an hour, but students were allowed back in the dorm by 4:30 p.m.
    News10/KXTV Copyright 2009 / All Rights Reserved

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Let's review...

    1) I have a Constitutional right to go to a safe campus.
    2) Police have no obligation to protect me.
    3) I am legally disarmed on pain of expulsion, arrest and conviction.

    Where does that leave me if I am ever the victim of a crime?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Folsom, , USA
    Posts
    389

    Post imported post

    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    Let's review...

    1) I have a Constitutional right to go to a safe campus.
    2) Police have no obligation to protect me.
    3) I am legally disarmed on pain of expulsion, arrest and conviction.

    Where does that leave me if I am ever the victim of a crime?
    It leaves you buried in the dirt for the rest of eternity and leaves dumb liberals asking "I wonder what caused him to do this?", instead of asking the question "what could have helped him defend himself??"

    heres a quote..

    "IWhen Hawkins was asked whether he thought his son would defend himself he answered simply with," No, I don't."

    In high school, Hawkins says his son was targeted by bullies. Once his glasses were broken, and his braces were knocked off his teeth. But despite the attack, Scott never stood up for himself.

    "Sometimes that worried me, the fact that he never raised a hand to defend himself, but that was his nature," says Hawkins.

    Scott was born with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism. He had a hard time expressing himself, but his struggles made him compassionate.

    "If he would have detected that one of his roommates was losing control, Scott would have been one of those people who would have helped," Hawkins tells CBS13.

    Scott loved history, so much, he wanted to teach it in college. It's the reason he enrolled in Sacramento State University, a decision his parents supported.

    "He gave the appearance of being happy, he seemed to be the happiest he was in his life," Hawkins explains."


    http://cbs13.com/local/CSUS.Fight.Vi...2.1265725.html

    that last three sentences makes me want to cry. I wish I knew this person..

  4. #4
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748

    Post imported post

    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    1) I have a Constitutional right to go to a safe campus.
    Not to be nit-picky, but how do you have this right?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    bigtoe416 wrote:
    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    1) I have a Constitutional right to go to a safe campus.
    Not to be nit-picky, but how do you have this right?
    California State Constitution.
    Code:
    (1) Right to Safe Schools.  All students and staff of public
    primary, elementary, junior high, and senior high schools, and
    community colleges, colleges, and universities have the inalienable
    right to attend campuses which are safe, secure and peaceful.

  6. #6
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    bigtoe416 wrote:
    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    1) I have a Constitutional right to go to a safe campus.
    Not to be nit-picky, but how do you have this right?
    California State Constitution.
    Code:
    (1) Right to Safe Schools. All students and staff of public
    primary, elementary, junior high, and senior high schools, and
    community colleges, colleges, and universities have the inalienable
    right to attend campuses which are safe, secure and peaceful.
    Seems to me the only way this right can be fully implemented is if faculty, administrators, and adult students are allowed to open and/or conceal carry. Seems like this right dovetails very nicely with 2A.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    bigtoe416 wrote:
    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    1) I have a Constitutional right to go to a safe campus.
    Not to be nit-picky, but how do you have this right?
    California State Constitution.
    Code:
    (1) Right to Safe Schools.  All students and staff of public
    primary, elementary, junior high, and senior high schools, and
    community colleges, colleges, and universities have the inalienable
    right to attend campuses which are safe, secure and peaceful.
    Ah yes, except the unspoken rule in CA is that "... for the benefit of criminals only." is appended to everything.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , California, USA
    Posts
    560

    Post imported post

    Streetbikerr6 wrote:
    He was murdered 30 minutes after I left the campus. I love how the school pres says "we do everything we can to ensure safety" though they don't allow me to carry a gun to defend myself against these psycho's... makes me sick going to this school. They don't even allow you to own a gun in the dorm, if this kid was allowed to, he might be walking alive today instead of having his murderer be treated like an angel in the hospital. Where's the Brady campaigns ban on baseball bats?? notice the kid had to be stopped with use of a firearm, hmm what does that tell you ignorant liberals.
    Sounds like a really, really great time to talk to someone at the school newspaper, and get some momentum going for firearms on campus. Perhaps a post in the GMU Students for Concealed Carry section of these forums could find someone to help you compose your thoughts in preparation for such a discussion.

    You're preaching to the choir here. Get word out on campus where it'll make a difference. Give 'em an OC CA pamphlet while you're at it as reference material for their article, it'll give the reporter something worthwhile to reference.

    Just a thought.

  9. #9
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748

    Post imported post

    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    bigtoe416 wrote:
    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    1) I have a Constitutional right to go to a safe campus.
    Not to be nit-picky, but how do you have this right?
    California State Constitution.
    Code:
    (1) Right to Safe Schools.  All students and staff of public
    primary, elementary, junior high, and senior high schools, and
    community colleges, colleges, and universities have the inalienable
    right to attend campuses which are safe, secure and peaceful.
    Heh...I'm always forgetting about the California Constitution. I'm a bad legal beagle.

    Strange that preschools aren't included. Maybe they didn't exist at the time.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Folsom, , USA
    Posts
    389

    Post imported post

    NightOwl wrote:
    Streetbikerr6 wrote:
    He was murdered 30 minutes after I left the campus. I love how the school pres says "we do everything we can to ensure safety" though they don't allow me to carry a gun to defend myself against these psycho's... makes me sick going to this school. They don't even allow you to own a gun in the dorm, if this kid was allowed to, he might be walking alive today instead of having his murderer be treated like an angel in the hospital. Where's the Brady campaigns ban on baseball bats?? notice the kid had to be stopped with use of a firearm, hmm what does that tell you ignorant liberals.
    Sounds like a really, really great time to talk to someone at the school newspaper, and get some momentum going for firearms on campus. Perhaps a post in the GMU Students for Concealed Carry section of these forums could find someone to help you compose your thoughts in preparation for such a discussion.

    You're preaching to the choir here. Get word out on campus where it'll make a difference. Give 'em an OC CA pamphlet while you're at it as reference material for their article, it'll give the reporter something worthwhile to reference.

    Just a thought.
    The school has a policy against guns on campus and they cited this in their dorm handbook...



    Does this mean not only the policy would need to be changed but also the law amended?



    To emphasize the seriousness of how such conduct is viewed, Section 171b(a) of the Penal Code states that, “Any person who brings or possesses within any state or local public building or at any meeting required to be open to the public... is guilty of a public offense punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year, or in the state prison:

    1.Firearms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •