Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Do you have an anti-gun neighbor?

  1. #1
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    Then you need this!


    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,000

    Post imported post

    ROFL!!! Though I can imagine someone complaining about that sign and how it's encouraging people to commit burglary / robbery.

  3. #3
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Post imported post

    I would personally remove the section in the middle.

    My neighbor wishes to ban all firearms.

    Out of respect for his opinion I promise
    not to use mine to protect him.

    Simple. Elegant.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County VA, ,
    Posts
    207

    Post imported post

    My HOA would definitely not allow me to leave that in my yard. I find it hilarious though.

  5. #5
    Regular Member ChinChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Loudoun County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    683

    Post imported post

    Wangmuf wrote:
    My HOA would definitely not allow me to leave that in my yard. I find it hilarious though.
    Out of prinicipal; I'd pay the HOA fine for a month or two in order to keep that sign in place.



    Anybody know the back-story for this photo, cause I'd love to read about it.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

  6. #6
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Post imported post

    I've seen it posted in so many variations and chopped into so many pics that I don't know if it's worth the energy to investigate "back story".
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County VA, ,
    Posts
    207

    Post imported post

    ChinChin wrote:
    Wangmuf wrote:
    My HOA would definitely not allow me to leave that in my yard. I find it hilarious though.
    Out of prinicipal; I'd pay the HOA fine for a month or two in order to keep that sign in place.



    Anybody know the back-story for this photo, cause I'd love to read about it.
    They'd remove it from my yard themselves, on top of a fine.

  8. #8
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    I dont know the back story either. A buddy of mine just sent the pic to me.

    As for HOA's, I'd pay the fine too. I'm not sure of his stance on guns, but if I posted that sign, my Obama voting neighbor would soil himself...haha!
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    Wangmuf wrote:
    My HOA would definitely not allow me to leave that in my yard. I find it hilarious though.
    Mine would give me 30 days to remove it.
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  10. #10
    Regular Member vt800c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield,VA
    Posts
    222

    Post imported post

    would they tell you that you can't put it back? my neighbor has a bunch of those campagin signs. I think this would fall under that same category.

    Perhaps if you did it as one of those nice fancy 'paving stones' or some other form of 'garden flagstone' (like those ones that say crapola like 'hope' and 'serenity' or 'garden'..for people who are TOTALLY clueless)you could get by calling it a 'lawn ornament' and not a sign.

    you don't even need an arrow...make the crooks guess which one.


    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County VA, ,
    Posts
    207

    Post imported post

    vt800c wrote:
    would they tell you that you can't put it back? my neighbor has a bunch of those campagin signs. I think this would fall under that same category.

    Perhaps if you did it as one of those nice fancy 'paving stones' or some other form of 'garden flagstone' (like those ones that say crapola like 'hope' and 'serenity' or 'garden'..for people who are TOTALLY clueless)you could get by calling it a 'lawn ornament' and not a sign.

    you don't even need an arrow...make the crooks guess which one.

    The only signs we're allowed to have in the yard are the little flags that companies put up when they do grass treatment, so dog owners won't let their dogs eat that grass. Any other signs, even campaign signs can be removed by a member of the HOA board, no letter.

    Oh, and like marker flags when a utility company comes through and has to dig a hole or trench.

    They sent out a memo last month when there was a rash of people getting their driveways sealed stating that the stakes with caution tape strung across driveway entrances was against the rules, people need to use something that sits on the ground.

    They're true nazis.

  12. #12
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    Years ago when I was in the electrical wholesale business, there was a builder in Vienna, VA who was putting the screws to his new homeowners in various ways. One of the homeowners was getting nowhere with this *******, so he put a sign up in his front yard, outlining problems he was having with the builder. Well between the HOA and the builder, he was forced to take the sign down. And he prompting put it up in his back yard, which faced the entrance to the development. Well the HOA and the buidler when after him again, but there was nothing they could do about it because the HOA regs, and the court order, said nothing about putting up a sign in your backyard.

    I thought that was really cool since the builder, one of our customers, was a jerk.

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA, ,
    Posts
    439

    Post imported post

    ChinChin wrote:
    Wangmuf wrote:
    My HOA would definitely not allow me to leave that in my yard. I find it hilarious though.
    Out of prinicipal; I'd pay the HOA fine for a month or two in order to keep that sign in place.



    Anybody know the back-story for this photo, cause I'd love to read about it.
    Looks Photoshopped to me. :P

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisa County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    821

    Post imported post

    All my neighbors know that I carry, and are glad of it.

    The woman next door came home once to an open garage door and could not recall if she left it that way.

    She came by to ask me to sweep her house before going in.

  15. #15
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613

    Post imported post

    Glock27Bill wrote:
    snip.....
    She came by to ask me to sweep her house before going in.
    Do you do windows too?

    Seriously, this is not something that I would do. The right circumstances could prove to be difficult if someone were injured. I would surly let her use my phone to call LE though. In fact, if my front door were found open, I would call 911.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  16. #16
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Glock27Bill wrote:
    All my neighbors know that I carry, and are glad of it.

    The woman next door came home once to an open garage door and could not recall if she left it that way.

    She came by to ask me to sweep her house before going in.
    Did you do it? With a gun?

    Do you have any training in this kind of activity?

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisa County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    821

    Post imported post

    I figured she just left her garage door open, and walked through the house for her.

    It was not an obvious breaking & entering, just a forgetful neighbor.

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    Ok.. so you are giving advice to the bad guy. He breaks in and your anti-gun neighbor is indeed armed and shoots the BG. Now the BG's family sues YOU for clearly stating that the neighbor was not armed and the democratic courtroom will find you liable.
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  19. #19
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Glock27Bill wrote:
    I figured she just left her garage door open, and walked through the house for her.

    It was not an obvious breaking & entering, just a forgetful neighbor.
    Did you have a gun when you walked through the house? Was it out of its holster when you walked through the house?





    ed wrote:
    Ok.. so you are giving advice to the bad guy. He breaks in and your anti-gun neighbor is indeed armed and shoots the BG. Now the BG's family sues YOU for clearly stating that the neighbor was not armed and the democratic courtroom will find you liable.
    ????

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    ed wrote:
    Ok.. so you are giving advice to the bad guy. He breaks in and your anti-gun neighbor is indeed armed and shoots the BG. Now the BG's family sues YOU for clearly stating that the neighbor was not armed and the democratic courtroom will find you liable.
    ????
    Ok. I am Ed. My anti-gun neighbor is Bill. Thug is the Bad Guy. I put the sign in MY yard saying that Bills House is anti gun and Bill is unaramed. Based on my sign, Thug breaks in to murder/death/kill Bill. Bill really is armed he just loves Obama and stuff. Thug gets shot by Bill. Thugs family files a civil suit against me for falsly telling (via sign in my yard) Thug that Bill next doot is not armed.
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  21. #21
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    ed wrote:
    Ok.. so you are giving advice to the bad guy. He breaks in and your anti-gun neighbor is indeed armed and shoots the BG. Now the BG's family sues YOU for clearly stating that the neighbor was not armed and the democratic courtroom will find you liable.
    ????
    Ok. I am Ed. My anti-gun neighbor is Bill. Thug is the Bad Guy. I put the sign in MY yard saying that Bills House is anti gun and Bill is unaramed. Based on my sign, Thug breaks in to murder/death/kill Bill. Bill really is armed he just loves Obama and stuff. Thug gets shot by Bill. Thugs family files a civil suit against me for falsly telling (via sign in my yard) Thug that Bill next doot is not armed.
    Oh.....uhm,....interesting ...er, uhm, ....an interesting ....progression....





  22. #22
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    ed wrote:
    Ok.. so you are giving advice to the bad guy. He breaks in and your anti-gun neighbor is indeed armed and shoots the BG. Now the BG's family sues YOU for clearly stating that the neighbor was not armed and the democratic courtroom will find you liable.
    ????
    Ok. I am Ed. My anti-gun neighbor is Bill. Thug is the Bad Guy. I put the sign in MY yard saying that Bills House is anti gun and Bill is unaramed. Based on my sign, Thug breaks in to murder/death/kill Bill. Bill really is armed he just loves Obama and stuff. Thug gets shot by Bill. Thugs family files a civil suit against me for falsly telling (via sign in my yard) Thug that Bill next doot is not armed.
    And Bill sues you for false advertising.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County VA, ,
    Posts
    207

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    Glock27Bill wrote:
    All my neighbors know that I carry, and are glad of it.

    The woman next door came home once to an open garage door and could not recall if she left it that way.

    She came by to ask me to sweep her house before going in.
    Did you do it? With a gun?

    Do you have any training in this kind of activity?
    I was trained on how to walk through a house when I was about 14 months old. Since then, I've walked through many houses. I've swept houses, fast food restaurants, family restaurants, commercial machine rooms, commercial air plenums.... suffice it to say I have extensive experience sweeping many different kinds of structures.

    Now, if my neighbor happened to ask me to walk through her house after telling me that there should be nobody in the home, since everyone with permitted access is accounted for, and outside of the home, and I encounter someone neither I nor the homeowner knows, and, out of fear for my life, since they obviously presented themselves to me as a threat, I pointed a gun at them (and possibly shot them), What's your problem with that?


    Take your morality/legality qualms somewhere else.

    (of course, in the above mentioned situation, I'd tell her to call the cops, and allow her to stay in my home until they arrived.)

  24. #24
    Regular Member Harper1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lorton, VA
    Posts
    387

    Post imported post

    Wangmuf wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Glock27Bill wrote:
    All my neighbors know that I carry, and are glad of it.

    The woman next door came home once to an open garage door and could not recall if she left it that way.

    She came by to ask me to sweep her house before going in.
    Did you do it? With a gun?

    Do you have any training in this kind of activity?
    I was trained on how to walk through a house when I was about 14 months old. Since then, I've walked through many houses. I've swept houses, fast food restaurants, family restaurants, commercial machine rooms, commercial air plenums.... suffice it to say I have extensive experience sweeping many different kinds of structures.

    Now, if my neighbor happened to ask me to walk through her house after telling me that there should be nobody in the home, since everyone with permitted access is accounted for, and outside of the home, and I encounter someone neither I nor the homeowner knows, and, out of fear for my life, since they obviously presented themselves to me as a threat, I pointed a gun at them (and possibly shot them), What's your problem with that?


    Take your morality/legality qualms somewhere else.

    (of course, in the above mentioned situation, I'd tell her to call the cops, and allow her to stay in my home until they arrived.)
    come on wangmuf, don't you see we all just ignore him. obviously no one should really expect every gun/homeowner to have tactical entry training. he's just instigating.Glock did right by his neighbor and I would do the same. only question i have forhim is what kinda flashlight did you have

    edited bc i apparently cant read goods no mur.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisa County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    821

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    Glock27Bill wrote:
    I figured she just left her garage door open, and walked through the house for her.

    It was not an obvious breaking & entering, just a forgetful neighbor.
    Did you have a gun when you walked through the house? Was it out of its holster when you walked through the house?
    Yes, I usually have my gun on me.

    No, it was not out of the holster, it was just a stroll to give my neighbor peace of mind, not an Airsoft tacticool exercise.

    I've given similar aid to neighbors before I began carrying, this would have been no different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •