• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you have an anti-gun neighbor?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Then you need this!

unarmedhouse.png

wylde007

imported post

I would personally remove the section in the middle.

[align=center]My neighbor wishes to ban all firearms.

Out of respect for his opinion I promise
not to use mine to protect him.
[align=left]
Simple. Elegant.
[/align][/align]

ChinChin

imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
My HOA would definitely not allow me to leave that in my yard. I find it hilarious though.

Out of prinicipal; I'd pay the HOA fine for a month or two in order to keep that sign in place.

Anybody know the back-story for this photo, cause I'd love to read about it.

wylde007

imported post

I've seen it posted in so many variations and chopped into so many pics that I don't know if it's worth the energy to investigate "back story".

Wangmuf

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Wangmuf wrote:
My HOA would definitely not allow me to leave that in my yard. I find it hilarious though.

Out of prinicipal; I'd pay the HOA fine for a month or two in order to keep that sign in place.

They'd remove it from my yard themselves, on top of a fine.

vt800c

imported post

would they tell you that you can't put it back? my neighbor has a bunch of those campagin signs. I think this would fall under that same category.

Perhaps if you did it as one of those nice fancy 'paving stones' or some other form of 'garden flagstone' (like those ones that say crapola like 'hope' and 'serenity' or 'garden'..for people who are TOTALLY clueless)you could get by calling it a 'lawn ornament' and not a sign.

you don't even need an arrow...make the crooks guess which one.

Wangmuf

imported post

vt800c wrote:
would they tell you that you can't put it back? my neighbor has a bunch of those campagin signs. I think this would fall under that same category.

Perhaps if you did it as one of those nice fancy 'paving stones' or some other form of 'garden flagstone' (like those ones that say crapola like 'hope' and 'serenity' or 'garden'..for people who are TOTALLY clueless)you could get by calling it a 'lawn ornament' and not a sign.

you don't even need an arrow...make the crooks guess which one.

The only signs we're allowed to have in the yard are the little flags that companies put up when they do grass treatment, so dog owners won't let their dogs eat that grass. Any other signs, even campaign signs can be removed by a member of the HOA board, no letter.

Oh, and like marker flags when a utility company comes through and has to dig a hole or trench.

They sent out a memo last month when there was a rash of people getting their driveways sealed stating that the stakes with caution tape strung across driveway entrances was against the rules, people need to use something that sits on the ground.

They're true nazis.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Years ago when I was in the electrical wholesale business, there was a builder in Vienna, VA who was putting the screws to his new homeowners in various ways. One of the homeowners was getting nowhere with this asshole, so he put a sign up in his front yard, outlining problems he was having with the builder. Well between the HOA and the builder, he was forced to take the sign down. And he prompting put it up in his back yard, which faced the entrance to the development. Well the HOA and the buidler when after him again, but there was nothing they could do about it because the HOA regs, and the court order, said nothing about putting up a sign in your backyard.

I thought that was really cool since the builder, one of our customers, was a jerk.

curtiswr

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Wangmuf wrote:

Looks Photoshopped to me. :p

Glock27Bill

imported post

All my neighbors know that I carry, and are glad of it.

The woman next door came home once to an open garage door and could not recall if she left it that way.

She came by to ask me to sweep her house before going in.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
snip.....
Do you do windows too? :)

Seriously, this is not something that I would do. The right circumstances could prove to be difficult if someone were injured. I would surly let her use my phone to call LE though. In fact, if my front door were found open, I would call 911.

Yata hey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
All my neighbors know that I carry, and are glad of it.

The woman next door came home once to an open garage door and could not recall if she left it that way.

Did you do it? With a gun?

Do you have any training in this kind of activity?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Ok.. so you are giving advice to the bad guy. He breaks in and your anti-gun neighbor is indeed armed and shoots the BG. Now the BG's family sues YOU for clearly stating that the neighbor was not armed and the democratic courtroom will find you liable.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
I figured she just left her garage door open, and walked through the house for her.

It was not an obvious breaking & entering, just a forgetful neighbor.

Did you have a gun when you walked through the house? Was it out of its holster when you walked through the house?

ed wrote:
Ok.. so you are giving advice to the bad guy. He breaks in and your anti-gun neighbor is indeed armed and shoots the BG. Now the BG's family sues YOU for clearly stating that the neighbor was not armed and the democratic courtroom will find you liable.
????

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

HankT wrote:
ed wrote:
????
Ok. I am Ed. My anti-gun neighbor is Bill. Thug is the Bad Guy. I put the sign in MY yard saying that Bills House is anti gun and Bill is unaramed. Based on my sign, Thug breaks in to murder/death/kill Bill. Bill really is armed he just loves Obama and stuff. Thug gets shot by Bill. Thugs family files a civil suit against me for falsly telling (via sign in my yard) Thug that Bill next doot is not armed.:banghead: