• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Gun Registration Begins?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Is this the beginning of illegal national gun registration?

Jews For Protection of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) thinks so and has asked for a formal reply from BATFE.

Dear BATFE Acting Director Melson:
We at Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership recently received the document that is copied below for your convenience. We would respectfully ask you to either validate these assertions or refute them in detail.
Our organization has had a long and disconcerting experience with the agency you now head. We would suggest that you might seek to bring a refreshing era of candor and honesty…and, if possible, a substantial dose of legality… to the BATFE. You can certainly start by examining the following carefully compiled expose in detail, and then tell Americans if you are truly planning a national gun registry. (JPFO’s open letter continues below following document …… )

http://www.jpfo.org/articles-assd/melson-open-letter.htm

Yata hey

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Good luck with any 'registry'... (NOT). 'Bout a gazillion off-paper firearms in this country. 'Ain't even gonna mention unconstitutional (it would be).

Madhwizard

imported post

I just got a text that tells me that we will be required to register all of our weapons on our 1040 and will be required to pay 50$ per each weapon. Is this true?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Madhwizard wrote:
I just got a text that tells me that we will be required to register all of our weapons on our 1040 and will be required to pay 50$ per each weapon. Is this true?
Why don't you google it or ask Snopes and report back here and cross post it to the Alabama forum too?

Do you have school tomorrow?

Yata hey

Madhwizard

imported post

I am with you on confirming facts. I like to think for myself. Along with my text I was sent a link to check: usa.gov and search for HR45.