• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another "Newbie" question..... sorry

KyDaystar

imported post

I am still fairly new to this board, and I am reading all that I can to know my rights, and to exercise them. Let me see if i have this part right so far..... please correct me here.
I am allowed to OC in Kentucky pretty much everywhere with the exceptions of (Schools, Places where open liquor is served, courtrooms, and any place that has a sign posted forbidding the carrying of weapons) RIGHT ??

Also, if I have read other posts correctly on here..... while OC'ing when your out and about doing your daily business, you have to remove your weapon and stick it in your glove box when you get in your vehicle. RIGHT ??

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am getting all this info put together, and want to clearly understand, so as not to do it wrong.

Thanks to anyone who finds the time to reply to this post.

KyDaystar

imported post

Thanks for the reply, Mr.Jam..... but to make it perfectly clear to me.... whether OC or CC ( which I have CCDW ) does one have to remove it from their person, while driving?

Please forgive me if I failed to see, and understand this in the attachment you sent me..... I'm a slow learner, but when I get it, I get it. LOL

TheMrMitch

imported post

If you have a conceal permit in Kentucky, you may carry any way you wish in your car.

If you have no permit, carry it in your glove box OR ON YOURDASHwith impunity. To sit in a car holstered up, the weapon will probably be considered concealed as most times the cop cannot see it.:dude: