Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is going to the Falls Church City Council Meeting Monday 10/26 @7:30PM?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

read this thread http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/33153.htmlto see what its about and then RSVP (if you want) here.. Just trying to get a count for dinner afterwards.

Dinner will be at: http://www.dogwoodtavern.com/menu.htmlthey are Open till 2am.. switch from REGULAR menu to "night menu" at 10PM and are planning on being busy anyway because of Monday Night football.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

See you there.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    See you there.

Yata hey
    I guess if my shotgun seat rider is going I am too.:?

Ed - will you have more magnets available in exchange for donations to your favorite charity?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I should be able to make it.

Not looking forward to the football crowd, but I'll survive.

eta: Oooohhhhh....they have an oyster bar!

Post imported post

I know that since I live in Falls Church, I should already know this, but can we OC in the building?

Carl

Post imported post

t11spanner wrote:
    I know that since I live in Falls Church, I should already know this, but can we OC in the building?
    Carl
    I am goin to.. I don't see why not.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Ed - will you have more magnets available in exchange for $5 bills?
    Yep.. I will.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

If I'm back from Front Royal in time, I'll be there. I'll even give my pistol to my girlfriend to OC, since that looks better, politically, than me carrying.

Post imported post

I'll see if I can make it.

Post imported post

Barring a last minute crisis at the office I'll see you there Ed. Just drove down this evening to check the parking, in fact.

Post imported post

My wife and I are planning to be there.

Post imported post

I just got this alert on my "other" e-mail address:

- - - - -

CRITICAL ALERT!
    Please forward this to anyone who can help!

The most extreme representatives of the pro-gun movement are planning to show up at local city council meetings across the Commonwealth for the purpose of harassing and intimidating the seven Virginia Mayors who have courageously stood up in support of the safety and well-being of their citizens over the fear-mongering and cowardice of the gun carriers.

PLEASE DON"T ALLOW THEM TO SUCCEED!

On a Web site called "Ammoland", the President of the so-called "Virginia Citizens Defense League" has pledged to show up at each Mayor's next City Council Meeting in order to try to browbeat and intimidate these public servants into capitulating to the VCDL's irrational and dangerous positions.

Believing that no democracy can tolerate political action through armed intimidation, The Virginia Center for Public Safety hopes all Virginians, liberal, moderate, and conservative, will help us stand up to these extremists, who while cloaking themselves in the veil of law and order, are perfectly satisfied with felons, terrorists, and the mentally disturbed having easy, unscrutinized access to guns, including military-grade weapons, as long as they do too.

WE NEED YOUR PRESENCE, PARTICULARLY THAT OF RESIDENTS OF THESE CITIES, AT THE FOLLOWING CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS:

In support of Falls Church Mayor Robin Gardner:

Monday, October 26th, at 7:30 PM

http://www.fallschurchva.gov/Content/Government/Council/Meetings.aspx?cnlid=276

In support of Norfolk Mayor Paul D. Fraim:

Tuesday, October 27th, at 7:00 PM

http://www.norfolk.gov/City_Hall/ContactInfoCC.asp

As we learn about any other attempts by the VCDL to engage in this type of intimidation of public servants, we'll pass it on. We anticipate they will try to harass the other five mayors, also.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Defense of the 2nd Amendment is extreme isn't it. :P

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

OK, some of us who have no other life :what:will just arrive earlier than originally planned.

A reminder to any of you out there who have handicapping conditions that do not permit you to stand for extended periods of time - be sure to inform public officials of your medical need for a seat and explain the dangers of violating federal ADA regulations, Virginia's Notice of Compliance with ADA ( http://www.virginia.gov/cmsportal3/g...ities_act.html) and http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...00+cod+51.5-44.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Centurion

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    ICRITICAL ALERT!

The most extreme representatives of the pro-gun movement are planning to show up at local city council meetings across the Commonwealth for the purpose of harassing and intimidating the seven Virginia Mayors who have courageously stood up in support of the safety and well-being of their citizens over the fear-mongering and cowardice of the gun carriers.

As we learn about any other attempts by the VCDL to engage in this type of intimidation of public servants, we'll pass it on. We anticipate they will try to harass the other five mayors, also.
    Oh, no! - we were trying to keep this a SECRET!! I had only told 13,000 gun owners on VA-ALERT, the press, and some police departments. And the antis are even ANTICIPATING OUR NEXT MOVE, almost eerily matching what I put in that VA-ALERT!:what:

How, oh how, could they have possibly known???

Well, the jig is up, and the Dark Side now knows we are going to redress grievances with some local government leaders.

And I must admit they do have us pegged - VCDL must be the most extreme group protecting our gun rights, as the Daily Press has said so many times.

I guess we'll just have to show up in large numbers and do our best even though the surprise is gone.:quirky

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    I just got this alert on my "other" e-mail address:

- - - - -

CRITICAL ALERT!

PLEASE DON"T ALLOW THEM TO SUCCEED!

On a Web site called "Ammoland", the President of the so-called "Virginia Citizens Defense League" has pledged to show up at each Mayor's next City Council Meeting in order to try to browbeat and intimidate these public servants into capitulating to the VCDL's irrational and dangerous positions.

Believing that no democracy can tolerate political action through armed intimidation, The Virginia Center for Public Safety hopes all Virginians, liberal, moderate, and conservative, will help us stand up to these extremists, who while cloaking themselves in the veil of law and order, are perfectly satisfied with felons, terrorists, and the mentally disturbed having easy, unscrutinized access to guns, including military-grade weapons, as long as they do too.

WE NEED YOUR PRESENCE, PARTICULARLY THAT OF RESIDENTS OF THESE CITIES, AT THE FOLLOWING CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS:

In support of Falls Church Mayor Robin Gardner:

In support of Norfolk Mayor Paul D. Fraim:

ed, which organization or mailing list is issuing this "CRITICAL ALERT?"

Centurion

Post imported post

Virginia Center for Public Safety. Used to be Virginians Against Handgun Violence. They change their name every year or so trying to cover up their failure as an organization and their true agenda.

Fairfax County / Falls Church, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    t11spanner wrote:
    Carl
    I am goin to..* I don't see why not.
    I've wondered this for a while - the Falls Church City Council meets in the courtroom in city hall.
    Are we OK to carry in the building & courtroom as long as court is not in session, or how does that work?

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    CRITICAL ALERT!

The dedicated representatives of the pro-self defense movement are planning to show up at local city council meetings across the Commonwealth for the purpose ofeducating the seven Virginia Mayors who have ignorantly stood up in support of victimization of their citizens over the advice of the gun carriers.

PLEASE HELP THEM TO SUCCEED!

On a Web site called "Ammoland", the President of the award winning "Virginia Citizens Defense League" has pledged to show up at each Mayor's next City Council Meeting in order to try to educate these public servants into understanding and accepting VCDL's positive positions.

Believing that no democracy can tolerate political action through ignorance, The Virginia Center for Public Safety hopes all Virginians, liberal, moderate, and conservative, will help us stand up with these patriots, who supporting law and order, will not tolerate with felons, terrorists, and the mentally disturbed having easy, unscrutinized access to guns.

In support of VCDL vs Falls Church Mayor Robin Gardner:

In support of VCDL vs Norfolk Mayor Paul D. Fraim:

As we learn about any other attempts by the VCDL to engage in this type of education of public servants, we'll pass it on. We appreciate they will try to correctly educate the other five mayors, also.
    Fixed it for them.

Veritas vos liberabit.

Yata hey

Post imported post

ki4ihc wrote:
    ed wrote:
    t11spanner wrote:
    Carl
    I am goin to.. I don't see why not.
    I've wondered this for a while - the Falls Church City Council meets in the courtroom in city hall.
    Are we OK to carry in the building & courtroom as long as court is not in session, or how does that work?
    +1
    ??

Centurion

Post imported post

The last time VCDL spoke at the Fall Church City Council, everyone was carrying. The police were represented (both uniformed and undercover officers).

The room is a multi-use facility and the metal detectors where disabled during the council meeting. The VA Supreme Court has ruled that a room in a courthouse is only considered part of the courthouse if it is being used by the court.

More importantly it appears that city hall is sort of loaned to the court during the day.

Ed is investigating this through police channels.

However, I am not a lawyer and cannot give anyone legal advice. As always, how you carry, or even if you carry, is up to you.

Fairfax County / Falls Church, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    The last time VCDL spoke at the Fall Church City Council, everyone was carrying.* The police were represented (both uniformed and undercover officers).

The room is a multi-use facility and the metal detectors where disabled during the council meeting.* The VA Supreme Court has ruled that a room in a courthouse is only considered part of the courthouse if it is being used by the court.

More importantly it appears that city hall is sort of loaned to the court during the day.

However, I am not a lawyer and cannot give anyone legal advice.* As always, how you carry, or even if you carry, is up to you.
    Thanks for clarifying. I've always been nervous about carrying anywhere in the building because of the courtroom.
    The metal detectors are still at the courtroom entrance, and are still disabled for council meetings (at least for all the meetings I've been to - far too many). They have also posted "No Weapons" and "No Large Bags" signs in the last year or so at the courtroom entrance.

Also - for anyone who can't attend the meeting, they do stream the meetings live on the internet, and the videos are archived for future viewing http://fallschurchva.gov/Content/Gov...tGranicus.aspx

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    I know the the Sheriff of the City of Falls Church, Steve Bittle. I just called Sheriff Bittle on his cell phone and he told me that the council chambers is within city hall. This multi purppuse room is also used to hear cases but is NOT a courtroom when court is not in session.

I plan on Open Carrying as I always do, but do not let my actions or statements be taken as LEGAL ADVICE for what you should do.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    The last time VCDL spoke at the Fall Church City Council, everyone was carrying.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    VCDL President wrote:
    The last time VCDL spoke at the Fall Church City Council, everyone was carrying.
    That picture and descriptive caption answers most eloquently my question.

Yata hey

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast