• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who is going to the Falls Church City Council Meeting Monday 10/26 @7:30PM?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
See you there.

Yata hey

I guess if my shotgun seat rider is going I am too.:?

Ed - will you have more magnets available in exchange for donations to your favorite charity?

stay safe.

skidmark

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

I just got this alert on my "other" e-mail address:

- - - - -

CRITICAL ALERT!
Please forward this to anyone who can help!

The most extreme representatives of the pro-gun movement are planning to show up at local city council meetings across the Commonwealth for the purpose of harassing and intimidating the seven Virginia Mayors who have courageously stood up in support of the safety and well-being of their citizens over the fear-mongering and cowardice of the gun carriers.

PLEASE DON"T ALLOW THEM TO SUCCEED!

On a Web site called "Ammoland", the President of the so-called "Virginia Citizens Defense League" has pledged to show up at each Mayor's next City Council Meeting in order to try to browbeat and intimidate these public servants into capitulating to the VCDL's irrational and dangerous positions.

Believing that no democracy can tolerate political action through armed intimidation, The Virginia Center for Public Safety hopes all Virginians, liberal, moderate, and conservative, will help us stand up to these extremists, who while cloaking themselves in the veil of law and order, are perfectly satisfied with felons, terrorists, and the mentally disturbed having easy, unscrutinized access to guns, including military-grade weapons, as long as they do too.

WE NEED YOUR PRESENCE, PARTICULARLY THAT OF RESIDENTS OF THESE CITIES, AT THE FOLLOWING CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS:

In support of Falls Church Mayor Robin Gardner:

Monday, October 26th, at 7:30 PM

http://www.fallschurchva.gov/Content/Government/Council/Meetings.aspx?cnlid=276

In support of Norfolk Mayor Paul D. Fraim:

Tuesday, October 27th, at 7:00 PM

http://www.norfolk.gov/City_Hall/ContactInfoCC.asp

As we learn about any other attempts by the VCDL to engage in this type of intimidation of public servants, we'll pass it on. We anticipate they will try to harass the other five mayors, also.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK, some of us who have no other life :what::lol:will just arrive earlier than originally planned.

A reminder to any of you out there who have handicapping conditions that do not permit you to stand for extended periods of time - be sure to inform public officials of your medical need for a seat and explain the dangers of violating federal ADA regulations, Virginia's Notice of Compliance with ADA ( http://www.virginia.gov/cmsportal3/government_4096/americans_with_disabilities_act.html) and http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+51.5-44.

stay safe.

skidmark

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

ed wrote:
ICRITICAL ALERT!

The most extreme representatives of the pro-gun movement are planning to show up at local city council meetings across the Commonwealth for the purpose of harassing and intimidating the seven Virginia Mayors who have courageously stood up in support of the safety and well-being of their citizens over the fear-mongering and cowardice of the gun carriers.

As we learn about any other attempts by the VCDL to engage in this type of intimidation of public servants, we'll pass it on. We anticipate they will try to harass the other five mayors, also.
Oh, no! - we were trying to keep this a SECRET!!:uhoh: I had only told 13,000 gun owners on VA-ALERT, the press, and some police departments.:banghead: And the antis are even ANTICIPATING OUR NEXT MOVE, almost eerily matching what I put in that VA-ALERT!:what:

How, oh how, could they have possibly known???

Well, the jig is up, and the Dark Side now knows we are going to redress grievances with some local government leaders. :(

And I must admit they do have us pegged - VCDL must be the most extreme group protecting our gun rights, as the Daily Press has said so many times.:cry:

I guess we'll just have to show up in large numbers and do our best even though the surprise is gone.:quirky

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ed wrote:
I just got this alert on my "other" e-mail address:

- - - - -

CRITICAL ALERT!

PLEASE DON"T ALLOW THEM TO SUCCEED!

On a Web site called "Ammoland", the President of the so-called "Virginia Citizens Defense League" has pledged to show up at each Mayor's next City Council Meeting in order to try to browbeat and intimidate these public servants into capitulating to the VCDL's irrational and dangerous positions.

Believing that no democracy can tolerate political action through armed intimidation, The Virginia Center for Public Safety hopes all Virginians, liberal, moderate, and conservative, will help us stand up to these extremists, who while cloaking themselves in the veil of law and order, are perfectly satisfied with felons, terrorists, and the mentally disturbed having easy, unscrutinized access to guns, including military-grade weapons, as long as they do too.

WE NEED YOUR PRESENCE, PARTICULARLY THAT OF RESIDENTS OF THESE CITIES, AT THE FOLLOWING CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS:

In support of Falls Church Mayor Robin Gardner:

In support of Norfolk Mayor Paul D. Fraim:

ed, which organization or mailing list is issuing this "CRITICAL ALERT?"

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

Virginia Center for Public Safety. Used to be Virginians Against Handgun Violence. They change their name every year or so trying to cover up their failure as an organization and their true agenda.

ki4ihc

Fairfax County / Falls Church, Virginia, USA
imported post

ed wrote:
t11spanner wrote:
I know that since I live in Falls Church, I should already know this, but can we OC in the building?
Carl
I am goin to..  I don't see why not.
I've wondered this for a while - the Falls Church City Council meets in the courtroom in city hall.
Are we OK to carry in the building & courtroom as long as court is not in session, or how does that work?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
CRITICAL ALERT!

The dedicated representatives of the pro-self defense movement are planning to show up at local city council meetings across the Commonwealth for the purpose ofeducating the seven Virginia Mayors who have ignorantly stood up in support of victimization of their citizens over the advice of the gun carriers.

PLEASE HELP THEM TO SUCCEED!

On a Web site called "Ammoland", the President of the award winning "Virginia Citizens Defense League" has pledged to show up at each Mayor's next City Council Meeting in order to try to educate these public servants into understanding and accepting VCDL's positive positions.

Believing that no democracy can tolerate political action through ignorance, The Virginia Center for Public Safety hopes all Virginians, liberal, moderate, and conservative, will help us stand up with these patriots, who supporting law and order, will not tolerate with felons, terrorists, and the mentally disturbed having easy, unscrutinized access to guns.

In support of VCDL vs Falls Church Mayor Robin Gardner:

In support of VCDL vs Norfolk Mayor Paul D. Fraim:

As we learn about any other attempts by the VCDL to engage in this type of education of public servants, we'll pass it on. We appreciate they will try to correctly educate the other five mayors, also.
Fixed it for them. :lol:

Veritas vos liberabit.

Yata hey

nova

imported post

ki4ihc wrote:
ed wrote:
t11spanner wrote:
I know that since I live in Falls Church, I should already know this, but can we OC in the building?
Carl
I am goin to.. I don't see why not.
I've wondered this for a while - the Falls Church City Council meets in the courtroom in city hall.
Are we OK to carry in the building & courtroom as long as court is not in session, or how does that work?
+1
??