• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SW Wash OC residents needed for Tea Party Oct30

44Brent

imported post

You can't OC in Oregon unless you have a concealed carry license issued by a Sheriff in Oregon. Otherwise, you will be in violation of the Portland ordinance that prohibits OC.

Cremator75

imported post

44Brent wrote:
You can't OC in Oregon unless you have a concealed carry license issued by a Sheriff in Oregon. Otherwise, you will be in violation of the Portland ordinance that prohibits OC.
You can except in certain cities where your firearm has to be unloaded without a CHL.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

44Brent wrote:
that only counts in Portland as the ordinance is only there

Phssthpok

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
44Brent wrote:
that only counts in Portland as the ordinance is only there

Both of you are only partly correct.

Open carry of a loaded sidearm is generally legal in Oregon, with the exception of a few locations that have exercised their option under state law to restrict same within their jurisdictions.

A list of loaded OC ban cities can be found as a 'sticky' post at the top of the Oregon forum. In these ;locations, one must ensure that their sidearm is UNLOADED in order to OC legally. Additionally, Portland has passed and separate (arguably unauthorized and therefore illegal and unenforceable) ordinance against posessing a loaded MAGAZINE for a sidearm that is also in your possession.

Stryker

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Puyallup fair grounds doesn't allow weapons carry. (Privately Owned). Suggest CC.
I take it that the WAC gunshows arethe only exceptions with their "Semi Sterile" environments. Or do the event organizers get to determine the "no firearms" policy? The Fair's website was not very helpful as it seems to only indicate the "no weapons" policy during the actual Fairs.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I take it that the WAC gun shows are the only exceptions with their "Semi Sterile" environments.
Or do the event organizers get to determine the "no firearms" policy?
I would agree that the WAC show is the exception.

I've never seen a contract for renting an exhibition hall so I don't know how the firearm policy is called out. Thanks for the idea though, I'll be looking into it.

edit:

So in my digging I found a few interesting things about the fair, sadly none 2A related.

If you want to set up a booth at any of the Fair Events, every item for sale must be listed on their form and your "wares for sale" must be approved before you are issued a booth. If you didn't list it, you can't sell it.

Western Washington Fair Association is a non-profit organization headquartered in Puyallup, WA. Western Washington Fair Association is a small organization by revenue operating in the Non-Profit & Professional Orgs. industry.

The fairgrounds comprise 160 acres (0.65 km2), with buildings and land valued at more than $54 million. The facilities are available for rent during the year, making the grounds a valuable community resource. A staff of 55 works year-round (avg salary $37k). Over 7,500 employees are hired each September during the Fair.

The fairgrounds were known as Camp Harmony, an internment camp for Japanese Americans, during World War II.

What I did find was a court case relating to Initiative 172 v. Western Washington Fair Association is a 1997 ruling of a state appeals court in Washington. The decision had to do with a petition sponsor who wanted to be able to collect signatures at the Western Washington Fair. In this court case I found that The fair is sponsored by a private owner on private property. Information that we already knew but now confirmed.