• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email from Eric Cantor

dbc3804

imported post

Eric Cantor sent me an email today pointing out the way that Obama is attacking Fox News and interfering with the 1st Amendment.

I left this message on his web site.

Last weekend was a real winner for American citizens. On Saturday the Republican Roundup stomps all over the 2nd Amendment, and then on Sunday the Democrats stomp all over the 1st. Who are we supposed to trust?

I wonder how long it will stay there?

Danny

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

dbc3804 wrote:
Eric Cantor sent me an email today pointing out the way that Obama is attacking Fox News and interfering with the 1st Amendment.

Last weekend was a real winner for American citizens. On Saturday the Republican Roundup stomps all over the 2nd Amendment, and then on Sunday the Democrats stomp all over the 1st. Who are we supposed to trust?

Danny
Well played Danny.

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

dbc3804 wrote:

Danny
Oh, I like that:cool:

Repeater

imported post

Another Facebook entry:

The Annual Republican Round-Up held at the SnagAGun Pavilion at Innsbrook.

Great comments, such as:

Greg Stone:

Dear Chairman Cobb and Congressman Cantor :

You need to take a lesson from Ken Cuccinelli and other Republicans who have the common sense God gave them regarding the Second Amendment and gun rights activists in Virginia.. This Cluster Fox Trot surrounding the 7th District Round-up was a case of Republican leadership being Stuck-On-Stupid.

Lets do the political math shall we ? You had an event where attendance was five hundred people. You held the event at a venue unfriendly to a large section of your base, that being gun owners. Those gun owners showed up in droves, numbering three hundred and fifty, to protest your foolish decision. That means the number of people you pissed off was about 70% of those in attendance at the Round-Up.....

I am sure Bob McDonnell and Ken Cuccinelli enjoyed driving past three hundred and fifty of their supporters protesting the selection of a venue in which they were to address five hundred fellow Republican activists. The three hundred and fifty protesters represent thousands more who could not be there in person. Those thousands are now spreading the account of this event all over the commonwealth via email and websites. All of Virginia now knows that some political leaders in the 7th District, have a political tin ear.

So let's review if we can. You pissed off thousands in order to address five hundred.

Political writers for years have been calling the Republican Party, " The Stupid Party " it is decisions such as this, that lend credence to that assertion. Being a lifelong member of the Republican Party , I find it painful to be associated with such massive failures of common sense.

Not only was it a stupid decision, you are doubling down on stupidity and threatening to hold this event at the same venue next year. Amazing ! Stop creating campaign commercials for your opposition.

Might I suggest, you and Congressman Cantor rethink your position, retrieve your testicles from your wives purses and fix this mess.

Sincerely Yours.

--
Greg Stone
Lifelong Republican Activist
Member NRA, GOA and VCDLOctober 20 at 2:35pm

Renegade

imported post

Why is Congressman Eric Cantor refusing to add me to his 4,200 friends he currently has??? He is a Republican and I am currently registered as such. Any ideas guys? Maybe I am a bit too honest when it comes to politics for his taste?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Why is Congressman Eric Cantor refusing to add me to his 4,200 friends he currently has??? He is a Republican and I am currently registered as such. Any ideas guys? Maybe I am a bit too honest when it comes to politics for his taste?
Maybe he needs to check with Chairman Cobb first. :lol:

Yata hey

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Today he sent me via USMAIL an envelope asking for money (as well as my own stamp to save him the BRM fees). So I left the $25, $50, $75 boxes blank and filled in the "other" with $0* and at the * I said you will not get my money or any support until you stop disrespecting gun owners and hold your rallies at gun owner unfriendly places like Innsbrook.

nova

Today he sent me via USMAIL an envelope asking for money (as well as my own stamp to save him the BRM fees). So I left the $25, $50, $75 boxes blank and filled in the "other" with $0* and at the * I said you will not get my money or any support until you stop disrespecting gun owners and hold your rallies at gun owner unfriendly places like Innsbrook.

That's pretty good. :)