Thread: New Member

Post imported post

I live in Arlington, and I have been reading every single post so far. There is so much information and so many questions that come to mind after my reading.

I like to exercise my rights, and I am a gun aficionado. I go to Blue Ridge Arsenal from time to time to practice; I have also taken the safety classes being offered at that location before acquiring my Glock 19 and my AMD 69.

Today was my very first O.C. experience. I went to a gas station to fill up, and then to a local 7-11 right off Columbia Pike. I dressed in Jeans, boots, long sleeve shirt tucked in, so there would be no questions if I was O.C. my GLock.

The cashiers are my buddies, so I chose that place to start with, in order to enjoy a comfort level. They didn't seem to mind me O.C. my Glock, but I must say that there were a few people eyeballing me. I followed the advice on these posts and kept eye contact, even-though I knew the employees, bought my good, and a lotto ticket. I usually offered to buy them all a house if I ever win the lotto.

I must say that it was a great experience, and the feeling of being able to exercise one's right does not have words to be described.

Thank you all for your valuable information, and I keep on looking forward to learn more about O.C.

-=Sentinell

Post imported post

Sentinell wrote:
    I live in Arlington, and I have been reading every single post so far. There is so much information and so many questions that come to mind after my reading.

I like to exercise my rights, and I am a gun aficionado. I go to Blue Ridge Arsenal from time to time to practice; I have also taken the safety classes being offered at that location before acquiring my Glock 19 and my AMD 69.

Today was my very first O.C. experience. I went to a gas station to fill up, and then to a local 7-11 right off Columbia Pike. I dressed in Jeans, boots, long sleeve shirt tucked in, so there would be no questions if I was O.C. my GLock.

The cashiers are my buddies, so I chose that place to start with, in order to enjoy a comfort level. They didn't seem to mind me O.C. my Glock, but I must say that there were a few people eyeballing me. I followed the advice on these posts and kept eye contact, even-though I knew the employees, bought my good, and a lotto ticket. I usually offered to buy them all a house if I ever win the lotto.

I must say that it was a great experience, and the feeling of being able to exercise one's right does not have words to be described.

Thank you all for your valuable information, and I keep on looking forward to learn more about O.C.

-=Sentinell
    welcome aboard. congrats on a good first OC.

Post imported post

Congrats!

Funny how you go from feeling conspicuous while carrying to feeling naked without it.

Doesn't take long at all.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO and to the world of freedom and self-reliance.

Please read this thread http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/33201.htmland consider joining us at the Falls Church City Council meeting. OC is the dress of the day. There are plans for fellowship afterwards.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Sentinell wrote:

-=Sentinell
    Maybe Ill see you around Ahhhhhlington! Im up there on Fridays and Saturdays mostly. If you ever seen anyone carrying a black Kimber 1911 in a black Blackhawk CQC holster, come drop by and say hi!

Btw, OC is pretty legit up there. You get a few eyeballs, but no one has bothered me in the several months up there.
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Post imported post

Sure thing, let me know... It'd be nice to meet with other OC fellows and enjoy a bite somewhere.

-=Sentinell

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Sentinell wrote:
    Sure thing, let me know... It'd be nice to meet with other OC fellows and enjoy a bite somewhere.

-=Sentinell
    Here ya go: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/38563.html
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)