• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sentinell

imported post

I live in Arlington, and I have been reading every single post so far. There is so much information and so many questions that come to mind after my reading.

I like to exercise my rights, and I am a gun aficionado. I go to Blue Ridge Arsenal from time to time to practice; I have also taken the safety classes being offered at that location before acquiring my Glock 19 and my AMD 69.

Today was my very first O.C. experience. I went to a gas station to fill up, and then to a local 7-11 right off Columbia Pike. I dressed in Jeans, boots, long sleeve shirt tucked in, so there would be no questions if I was O.C. my GLock.

The cashiers are my buddies, so I chose that place to start with, in order to enjoy a comfort level. They didn't seem to mind me O.C. my Glock, but I must say that there were a few people eyeballing me. I followed the advice on these posts and kept eye contact, even-though I knew the employees, bought my good, and a lotto ticket. I usually offered to buy them all a house if I ever win the lotto.

I must say that it was a great experience, and the feeling of being able to exercise one's right does not have words to be described.

Thank you all for your valuable information, and I keep on looking forward to learn more about O.C.

-=Sentinell

Harper1227

imported post

Sentinell wrote:
I live in Arlington, and I have been reading every single post so far. There is so much information and so many questions that come to mind after my reading.

I like to exercise my rights, and I am a gun aficionado. I go to Blue Ridge Arsenal from time to time to practice; I have also taken the safety classes being offered at that location before acquiring my Glock 19 and my AMD 69.

Today was my very first O.C. experience. I went to a gas station to fill up, and then to a local 7-11 right off Columbia Pike. I dressed in Jeans, boots, long sleeve shirt tucked in, so there would be no questions if I was O.C. my GLock.

The cashiers are my buddies, so I chose that place to start with, in order to enjoy a comfort level. They didn't seem to mind me O.C. my Glock, but I must say that there were a few people eyeballing me. I followed the advice on these posts and kept eye contact, even-though I knew the employees, bought my good, and a lotto ticket. I usually offered to buy them all a house if I ever win the lotto.

I must say that it was a great experience, and the feeling of being able to exercise one's right does not have words to be described.

Thank you all for your valuable information, and I keep on looking forward to learn more about O.C.

-=Sentinell
welcome aboard. congrats on a good first OC.

NightmareSHANIQUA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, US
imported post

Sentinell wrote:

-=Sentinell
Maybe Ill see you around Ahhhhhlington! Im up there on Fridays and Saturdays mostly. If you ever seen anyone carrying a black Kimber 1911 in a black Blackhawk CQC holster, come drop by and say hi!

Btw, OC is pretty legit up there. You get a few eyeballs, but no one has bothered me in the several months up there.