• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First negative experience

Zed Snardbody

imported post

I open carry a fair bit, especially when I go shopping since because of my work schedule its usually in the middle of the bloody night.

Well a few days ago on my days off I actually manage to start running my errands while the sun is up and go grocery shopping at the local Wal Mart neighborhood market. I've never had an issue with the staff at the store, their day crew or their late night people.

In the course of my shopping a gal notices I have my weapon on my hip and makes a big show of pointing it out to her friend, shooting me a dirty look and leaving the aisle.

What amused the hell out of me is that I'm in the process of helping an older couple get a two liter of soda that they couldn't quite reach while shes having her little conniption.

No one at the store said anything and I finished shopping without incident. I was just really amused by it, the first time someone even notices me with it let alone has a negative reaction and its while I'm mid "good deed".

Made me chuckle.

Gordie

imported post

That's so cool.

The supposedly "irresponsible, dangerous gun guy" (in some peoples eyes, not mine) is helping people who are in need, while the "better than you barbarians" anti-gunner is wetting herself and running away while casting judgement.

Makes me glad to be one of the "barbarians".

bookem03

imported post

Gordie, You refered to the Barbarbians as anti-gunners and you are proud to be a barbarbian,does that make you a anti-gunner???? I'm confused.

45acpForMe

imported post

Zed Snardbody wrote:
... In the course of my shopping a gal notices I have my weapon on my hip and makes a big show of pointing it out to her friend, shooting me a dirty look and leaving the aisle. ....
Anti's are so illogical. First off if she discovered you had a gun and thought you might use it on her,why would she make a big deal of pointing it out to the extent that you would notice her? It is like she is jumping up and down saying here I amMr.gun-user please notice me in case you decide to shoot someone!

Their irrational fear of guns (owning/carrying) already puts them in danger, you would think that they would at least be experienced at slinking away quietly. :)

(I'm from Virginia and bored so I started browsing "recent" posts, have a good one!)

Gordie

imported post

The "better than you barbarians" statement was representing how the antis often look at us, hence the quotation marks.

bookem03

imported post

I understand better now and I was really confused.Thanks for turning on the light.I'm a simple guy.:shock: