• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bobbies getting more guns

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Dreamer

imported post

So let me get this straight...

In a nation where the private ownership by citizens of firearms has been all but completely banned since 1937, when the Home Secretary decided that self-defence was no longer a suitable reason for applying for a firearm certificate, and directed police to refuse such applications on the grounds that "firearms cannot be regarded as a suitable means of protection and may be a source of danger", the police have to carry fully automatic sub-machine guns on their patrols, because there are so many criminals with guns?..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom

Please explain to me how, in a nation where the private ownership of most firearms is almost completely banned, did all these guns get into the hands of criminals?

It's not like they are sneaking them over the border. England is, after all, a freaking island...

Doesn't pass the sniff test...

And did you notice in that video that the Bobbies carrying the sub-guns weren't dressed like traditional British police? The looked like a bunch of yuppified tacti-cool Blackwater wannabees, with their crisp white shirts, their soft body armor, their "tactical earpieces" for their radios, and their drop-leg holsters for their sidearms.

It is a sad day for Great Britain indeed, when the Bobbies are replaced with tacti-cool thugs...

I would say "God save the Queen", but the fact is, the Royals (and all their NWO cronies) are behind it all. A more appropriate blessing would be "God Save the People". Lord knows they need all the help they can get in these times.

Now that the "swine flu" has been declared a "national emergency" here in the USA, how long do yo think it will be before we start seeing similarly-outfitted "police" walking the streets of OUR fair cities?

You think you've got it tough now, with your open-carry hassles, and frivolous GATTTOTP charges? Just wait until they start going door-to-door and giving you the option--at gun point--to either get the "vaccine" or have your household put under quarantine...

bohdi

imported post

I thought it was interesting that while the police would like to remain in a world where they wouldn't need tocarry weapons, especially something more powerful than a billy club or a small caliber handgun; they are being forced to upgrade. Or at least claiming they are. It is also interesting to note this because across the pond as it has been stated the rather tight security related to commoners owning guns hasn't worked, which is also why they are being forced to upgrade.

KBCraig

imported post

Their only weapon used to be a whistle. It seems like "Stop, or I'll toot!" is no longer sufficient, since they can no longer call upon armed citizens to assist them (that's the reason they weren't armed to begin with: they could rely on armed citizens to help).

Sir Robert Peel, for whom "bobbies" are named, is no doubt reaching takeoff velocity while spinning in his grave.

Peel is considered the father of modern policing. He established the Metro (London) Police while serving as Home Secretary, beginning in 1829. The Peelian Principles rely upon an ethical, open, and accountable police force, with the motto that "the police are the public, and the public are the police".

Compare and contrast that attitude, with what we unfortunately have today: "law enforcement" rather than "peace officers", where all too many police (not all, not a majority, but too many!) spend their days convinced they're surrounded by criminals, and looking for reasons to make an arrest.