Thread: The Pub on coliseum

Post imported post

Has anyone OC'd here since they opened? I have heard they have good food but havent heard if they are OC friendly or not.

I wouldnt mind being the test subject, just curious if anyone has gone there yet.

Post imported post

l
    Last edited by WarDragonII; 02-27-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Post imported post

Time to find out what kind of friend he really is...

If it goes well that might be a good location to do an OC dinner! Particularly if the food is good.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

WarDragonII wrote:
    A very good friend of mine is part owner of the place. I will see him tonight and find out.
    So what did your friend have to say?

Post imported post

I am interested in hearing what the response was too. That's not far from my house even though I live southside.

Post imported post

Unfortunately the one time I went there, I wanted to sample a couple of the adult beverages they have. So, I didn't carry. I am curious to see what others say. The food was pretty good if you like "traditional" English food. The atmosphere was pretty cool too.

Post imported post

WarDragonII wrote:
    A very good friend of mine is part owner of the place. I will see him tonight and find out.
    Any news? Ask your friend if he wants 15-25 people visiting his establishment for an OC dinner. :-) I would definitely be up for an OC dinner there, soon too.

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    WarDragonII wrote:
    Any news? Ask your friend if he wants 15-25 people visiting his establishment for an OC dinner. :-) I would definitely be up for an OC dinner there, soon too.
    Im guessing in this case, no news is bad news. (or he didntget around to asking) might have to just try it out, see what happens.

Post imported post

Why is everyone wanting to ask permission to OC at this restaurant? We've never done this before and shouldn't start now!

Just go and have dinner their while OC'ing. You'll find out the establishments' position on OC real quick.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Why is everyone wanting to ask permission to OC at this restaurant? We've never done this before and shouldn't start now!

Just go and have dinner their while OC'ing. You'll find out the establishments' position on OC real quick.
    I agree, Craig. I believe it puts the owner/manager "on the spot" and tests his ability to think on his feet. Its a good idea to show up with many people so he can see how much $$$ he is going to lose when he makes a silly decision based upon his "feelings" not facts of life.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:

ODA, we arent trying to ask for permission. I simply asked if anyone had OC'd there yet and since WarDragon knows one of the owners he said hewould ask what their policy is, if any.

The wife and I might go there this weekend, if we do I will OC.

Post imported post

cbackous wrote:
    The wife and I might go there this weekend, if we do I will OC.
    THAT'S THE WAY TO ROLL!!!!!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Post imported post

The owner said "You can only open carry guns with lasers on them. If you pull your gun you should know what you are pointing at."
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    The owner said "You can only open carry guns with lasers on them. If you pull your gun you should know what you are pointing at."
    YOU FUNNY PETER-SAN! LMAO!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    Hey ODA, there is a Lasermax discussion going on in the holsters and accessories section. Thought you might have an opinion to share.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    Hey ODA, there is a Lasermax discussion going on in the holsters and accessories section. Thought you might have an opinion to share.
    I won't be baited into that Thundar! Everyone here knows my opinion of lasers and how they are an integral part of the gay community!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    I won't be baited into that Thundar! Everyone here knows my opinion of lasers and how they are an integral part of the gay community!
    +1.

Unless its a laser-designator, its not a good idea. Lasers (like flashlights) work both ways...:shock:
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

Well the wife and I are heading down there for lunch today, I'll report back with what happens.

Post imported post

pretty good food (wife didnt like it, but she is picky), Ihad the fish and chips. Good atmosphere and no comments either way with the OC.