• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama Declares National Emergency

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The H1N1 vaccine is already being pushed at my son's school as "voluntary," but if you don't "volunteer" you get a visit from Child Protection Services... Who, upon arrival, promptly ask "Do you own any guns? Why do you think your child doesn't deserve to be healthy? You can't have guns if you have a child..."

Several parents have already found out that their children were vaccinated and they would never have known, save overhearing their kids talking about it.

okboomer

imported post

ixtow wrote:
I am a bit surprised by how many of the flaming left wackos I've met were even taken aback by the statement that H1N1 is a 'pandemic.' If h1n1 is so terrible and dangerous, what of AIDS and Cancer?
AIDS or GRID as it was known in the day was never declared a pandemic due to successful gay rights lobbying and Surgon General C. Edward Koop knuckled under to pressure.

Politics gave us AIDS, and now politics are going to take away our rights of gun ownership and freedom of speech if we cannot shut down this assault by the Obama administration.

alexcabbie wrote:
We did have smallpox, whooping cough and tetanus vaccines, also polio vaccine. And these were loaded with Thimerosal which supposedly produces autism although why now and not in my day I don't know. Barney Frank would like to get as many shots in the butt as us kids did back in the day

Yeah, and we didn't have ADD/HDD either, they were just overactive and at recess were usually found running laps to help settle them down in class. And it worked, too.

We also didn't have school shootings, and bullies were even given swats at school. And if that didn't work, the parents were called in to the Principal's office. Which usually meant more corporal punishment at home and staying after school to write ad naseum, "I will not be mean to xxx," or a verse about kindness.

It took only one swat at the teacher's desk in first grade for me to get the point. And I never had to write verses but one time in third grade when I didn't learn my times table for that week, and only during recess.

I did have to complain to my daughter's middle school principal about a young male teacher participating in popular students harrassing my daughter in class which involved an explicit drawing of a sex act. His contract was not renewed the next year.

PC correctness contributed a great deal to get this country at the point we are today, and as I remember it, most of this crap started in California in the 1960's and 1970's with a major faction coming from the east coast, too.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Rush is checking this out so for now it is just a claim by a caller, BUT the claim is that first dibs on flu shots are non=white "minority" kids.

Now if this was a true "health emergency" (such as a sudden polio outbreak) then I could see having a "special assistance" program for kids from poorer families - NOTE POORER NOT "NON-WHITE" - whose parents could not afford the shot.

But I don't care if it is the pig flu, the fig flu or the polkadot polar bear flu. It's the damn FLU. Mortality rates do not seem to be that much higher than any other form of influenza. A teacher from our local Episcopal boarding school tells me they have a few cases there and it is just the usual sick kids stuff they deal with every freaking year.

There was a "Pearls Before Swine" strip a few years back wherein the Crocodiles called their "Zeeba neighba" (The Zebra, a pacifist they all wanted to kill and eat) and said: Hullooo Meestah Zeebah, this poleece! Beeg earthquake ees coming! Run outta you howse and cover you self with barbecue suce and lay on front yard!" Queek! Paneek!" The Zebra calmly but firmly told them to get bent.

There is a parallell between that cartoon and this situation, no?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Rush is checking this out so for now it is just a claim by a caller, BUT the claim is that first dibs on flu shots are non=white "minority" kids.

Now if this was a true "health emergency" (such as a sudden polio outbreak) then I could see having a "special assistance" program for kids from poorer families - NOTE POORER NOT "NON-WHITE" - whose parents could not afford the shot.

But I don't care if it is the pig flu, the fig flu or the polkadot polar bear flu. It's the damn FLU. Mortality rates do not seem to be that much higher than any other form of influenza. A teacher from our local Episcopal boarding school tells me they have a few cases there and it is just the usual sick kids stuff they deal with every freaking year.

There was a "Pearls Before Swine" strip a few years back wherein the Crocodiles called their "Zeeba neighba" (The Zebra, a pacifist they all wanted to kill and eat) and said: Hullooo Meestah Zeebah, this poleece! Beeg earthquake ees coming! Run outta you howse and cover you self with barbecue suce and lay on front yard!" Queek! Paneek!" The Zebra calmly but firmly told them to get bent.

There is a parallell between that cartoon and this situation, no?
I'd love to find a copy of it, you're damn right there's a parallel.

Gordie

imported post

ixtow wrote:
The H1N1 vaccine is already being pushed at my son's school as "voluntary," but if you don't "volunteer" you get a visit from Child Protection Services... Who, upon arrival, promptly ask "Do you own any guns? Why do you think your child doesn't deserve to be healthy? You can't have guns if you have a child..."

Several parents have already found out that their children were vaccinated and they would never have known, save overhearing their kids talking about it.

I will have to call you on this one. If a school gives any medication, even a Tylenol, without proper permission, the school could be sued, the school nurse could lose her nursing licence, and that's if nothing happens to the kid. If the kid suffers any adverse affects, criminalcharges couldbe filed. No school official would go along with a "secret" vaccination program. The liability would be too great.

Alexcabbie
When I was a kid, there was no vaccine against chicken pox, mumps, measels, German measels; they were called "childhood diseases" and most of us pulled through just fine.
And thousands of kids didn't pull through, people just accepted it because they had no choice, modern medicine has changed that.

Although the overall mortality rates for H1N1 are only a little above the seasonal flu so far, the victims are far different than usual. In the average year about 50 children, die from the seasonal flu, as of Oct. 17, 102 have died, and pregnant women are dieing at approximately 6 times the rate of any other group.

Flu season doesn't peak until after January.

Although I don't trust much of what our government does, not everything is a big conspiracy. Sometimes they are justtrying to do the right thing. Maybe this is all an over reaction, but after the way people went on a witch hunt after Hurricane Katrina, no one is willing to take a chance that they will be blamed for a major failure.

Tomahawk

imported post

Gordie wrote:
Although I don't trust much of what our government does, not everything is a big conspiracy.
It's not a conspiracy, it's an inertia. People breathing rarified air always think they need to be doing more, and to do more they need more control, to push more buttons.

Add to that their giants egos and narrow vision and what you get isn't a conspiracy, but it looks and smells like one.