Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Meleanie Memorial Trust Fund

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623

    Post imported post

    Many in Virginia and other states have asked how they could participate in the effort to help these kids. This has been set up by the members of the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association (PaFOA) http://www.pafoa.org/

    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/751...tml#post946416


    Donate to the trust fund for Meleanie Hain's children:

    Belco Community Credit Union
    ATTN: Jennie Witwer
    201 Good Dr
    Lancaster, PA 17603
    Reference Acct. #882220


    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot -

    Can you see if someone at PAFOA will set up a PayPal account to accept donations from out of state (or even in-state)?

    Like using PayPal to pay my VCDL dues, I get a warm feeling using an anti-gun organization to transfer funds for gun-positive activities. Yes, I could use electronic banking to send funds, but it's just not the same.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    Grapeshot -

    Can you see if someone at PAFOA will set up a PayPal account to accept donations from out of state (or even in-state)?

    Like using PayPal to pay my VCDL dues, I get a warm feeling using an anti-gun organization to transfer funds for gun-positive activities. Yes, I could use electronic banking to send funds, but it's just not the same.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    Question asked - http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/751...e-page-43.html

    Will post reply here as received.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    Question asked - http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/751...e-page-43.html

    Will post reply here as received.

    Yata hey
    From PaFOA -
    To the forum at large: Is there an online mechanism we can use to facilitate this without having to feed the people who are against us? Grapeshot raises a good point.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/751...tml#post948774

    Yata hey

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Question asked - http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/751...e-page-43.html

    Will post reply here as received.

    Yata hey
    From PaFOA -
    To the forum at large: Is there an online mechanism we can use to facilitate this without having to feed the people who are against us? Grapeshot raises a good point.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/751...tml#post948774

    Yata hey
    Please go back and remind PaFOA that PayPal does not charge any fee for "personal" transfers of funds, and only skims the percentage off of credit/debit card transactions that are done outside of "personal" transfers.

    PayPal is fast, secure, and there is the added bonus of using them at no cost to either payor or recipient to fund a gun-positive issue via an anti-gun organization.

    And, no, using the account number for an e-bank transaction will not work. The payment has to be nade to the Credit Union, and the account number would be inserted just as a billing account number. I am not aware of financial institutions acceoting fund transfers in such a manner. They need an account name, account number and all the rest of the bells & whistles.

    The persondesignated as the PayPal recipient merely sweeps up the moneys in the PayPal account and transfers them into the trust fund account which was designated to PayPal as a bank account. I have had as many as 5 active bank accounts to put money in to while using just 1 PayPal account.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    Please go back and remind PaFOA that PayPal does not charge any fee for "personal" transfers of funds, and only skims the percentage off of credit/debit card transactions that are done outside of "personal" transfers.
    Done.

    Admit that I was not aware of this. I presume that "personal" transfers can still be made by credit/debit card - correct?

    Yata hey

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623

    Post imported post

    From PaFOA - "Some may be confusing the difference between a "Personal Account" with PP, and a "personal transfer". If the transfer is directly between PP accounts or between bank account and PP account, there are no fees. However, if a debit or credit card is used, fees apply regardless of what type of PP account you have.

    I plan to contact Belco tomorrow and inquire if there is any way to make a direct electronic deposit. I suspect if there is, it will require a credit card type transaction, rather than a direct transfer from a donor's account to the trust fund. I'll report back what I learn.
    Appreciate the clarification. I'll wait for your inquiry/response.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

    It's their ballpark and their team so I'm just going to wait and see what the decision is.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •