• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meleanie Memorial Trust Fund

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Many in Virginia and other states have asked how they could participate in the effort to help these kids. This has been set up by the members of the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association (PaFOA) http://www.pafoa.org/

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/75107-meleanie-hain-fund-raiser-other-action-items-committee-enroll-here-brainstorm-here-page-43.html#post946416

Donate to the trust fund for Meleanie Hain's children:

Belco Community Credit Union
ATTN: Jennie Witwer
201 Good Dr
Lancaster, PA 17603
Reference Acct. #882220

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot -

:idea:Can you see if someone at PAFOA will set up a PayPal account to accept donations from out of state (or even in-state)?

Like using PayPal to pay my VCDL dues, I get a warm feeling using an anti-gun organization to transfer funds for gun-positive activities. Yes, I could use electronic banking to send funds, but it's just not the same.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Grapeshot -

:idea:Can you see if someone at PAFOA will set up a PayPal account to accept donations from out of state (or even in-state)?

Like using PayPal to pay my VCDL dues, I get a warm feeling using an anti-gun organization to transfer funds for gun-positive activities. Yes, I could use electronic banking to send funds, but it's just not the same.

stay safe.

skidmark
Question asked - http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/75...ttee-enroll-here-brainstorm-here-page-43.html

Will post reply here as received.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
From PaFOA -
To the forum at large: Is there an online mechanism we can use to facilitate this without having to feed the people who are against us? Grapeshot raises a good point.
http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/75107-meleanie-hain-fund-raiser-other-action-items-committee-enroll-here-brainstorm-here-page-44.html#post948774

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
From PaFOA -
To the forum at large: Is there an online mechanism we can use to facilitate this without having to feed the people who are against us? Grapeshot raises a good point.
http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/75107-meleanie-hain-fund-raiser-other-action-items-committee-enroll-here-brainstorm-here-page-44.html#post948774

Yata hey

Please go back and remind PaFOA that PayPal does not charge any fee for "personal" transfers of funds, and only skims the percentage off of credit/debit card transactions that are done outside of "personal" transfers.

PayPal is fast, secure, and there is the added bonus of using them at no cost to either payor or recipient to fund a gun-positive issue via an anti-gun organization.

And, no, using the account number for an e-bank transaction will not work. The payment has to be nade to the Credit Union, and the account number would be inserted just as a billing account number. I am not aware of financial institutions acceoting fund transfers in such a manner. They need an account name, account number and all the rest of the bells & whistles.

The persondesignated as the PayPal recipient merely sweeps up the moneys in the PayPal account and transfers them into the trust fund account which was designated to PayPal as a bank account. I have had as many as 5 active bank accounts to put money in to while using just 1 PayPal account.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Please go back and remind PaFOA that PayPal does not charge any fee for "personal" transfers of funds, and only skims the percentage off of credit/debit card transactions that are done outside of "personal" transfers.
Done.

Admit that I was not aware of this. I presume that "personal" transfers can still be made by credit/debit card - correct?

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

From PaFOA - "Some may be confusing the difference between a "Personal Account" with PP, and a "personal transfer". If the transfer is directly between PP accounts or between bank account and PP account, there are no fees. However, if a debit or credit card is used, fees apply regardless of what type of PP account you have.

I plan to contact Belco tomorrow and inquire if there is any way to make a direct electronic deposit. I suspect if there is, it will require a credit card type transaction, rather than a direct transfer from a donor's account to the trust fund. I'll report back what I learn.

Appreciate the clarification. I'll wait for your inquiry/response.

It's their ballpark and their team so I'm just going to wait and see what the decision is.

Yata hey