• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions for All Candidates and Incumbents of the 2010 Election

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Not only as a candidate but as a seated incumbent, should you win the election, What is your position on the following issues?

1)Open Carry in Wisconsin.

2)Concealed Carry in Wisconsin.

3)The unconstitutional transportation laws (concerning fire arms) in the State of Wisconsin.

4) The unconstitutional School Zone Restriction Laws (concerning fire arms) in the State of Wisconsin.

5) A No Compromise Concealed carry/Open Carry non-permitted system in Wisconsin.
(The U.S. Supreme Court decided the citizens are not required to register, train or be permitted to exercise their rights)

Please keep in mind this is not a forum of lobbyist. However we are all law abiding citizens who are ready to cast our votes and support the candidate that respects and recognizes our rights and the fact that we are granted those rights by the State and U.S. Constitutions before and after they take office. It is also lawful and "NOT" disorderly for law abiding citizens to exercise those rights.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I posted the above after I was approached by a Candidate for State Senate Montgomery Elmer while raking leaves in my yard.

He is running as a Democrat and is concerned mainly with Jobs, Health Care and Education.

I asked him what his position was on Gun Rights. He said, "Somewhere in the middle."

I asked him what he thought about a person's right to carry for self defense. He said, "I really don't see the need for it in Wisconsin."

He also said, "I am also not for assault weapons."

I asked him how he felt about concealed carry in Wisconsin. He said, " I have been asked about the possibility of teachers carrying in our schools. I think it is a ridiculous idea. All that does is put more guns in schools and we don't need that."

If any of you want to let him know what you think his website is:
http://www.votemonkelmer.org

I told him he is in for a tough run since there will be a huge movement for Gun Rights this time around. I personally plan to vote against anyone who isn't pro gun all the way.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

As we all encounter these candidates and incumbents throughout the next year, please ask them these questions and even add some of your own. Then post their responses here and let everyone know where they stand. So we can vote them in or out.

Don't be afraid to give them a call, either at the office or at home.

AaronS

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Excellent, although I think this will open the door for Barrett.
It might, but the good news is I don't think Barrett has any chance at all. Thank God, the rest of the State does not vote like Milwaukee does. If he runs for Mayor again, I bet the city would give the job to him again. Good thing for 66.0409, or I would be in jail by now... I'm to small for jail...