Thread: How are things in Spokane for icing?

Post imported post

I am living in Alabama which is not a very oc friendly state. And I was living Utah which is fairly a oc friendly state. How is Spokane? I actually grew up there and will be visiting family in a few months. I just wanted to know whether I should make sure to conceal or if ocing was okay.

Post imported post

What Icing?

Banned

Post imported post

I like Milk Chocolate om devils food cake

Post imported post

Well, the temperatures haven't gotten low enough to turn water into ice yet, but you could just try spraying the streets with a hose at night and hope for jack frost. Maybe you could conceal it with a bunch of grass and leaves and nobody will notice. As for WA state, we are very oxycodone friendly, I was prescribed 40X for my surgery in August. No sure what that has to do with icing though.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Post imported post

Clearly he meant OC'ing.

The "I" key and "O" keys are close together... bunch of smart asses..

Any hoo Spokane is a fairly OC friendly town. Believe it or not the western side of WA has become more accepting of OC than the Eastern side. The only really negative issue that has come up regarding OC'ing in spokane is a member on here that did receive a ticket for OC'ing in a city park.

He is in the middle of fighting the ticket and will win.

Please run through this Washington site and read every post if you can. You will learn more about our individual states laws and general openness around OC'ing.

PM with specific questions I'll answer what i can.

Post imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
    Clearly he meant OC'ing.
    Finally an intelligent post.

Post imported post

thanks guys....i was using my iphone and it corrected "ocing" for "icing". i didn't notice that till this morning when i got on at home with computer. glad you guys have a sense of humor. thanks for the info. and brianstone1985thanks, i will pm ya when i get closer to my travels.

Post imported post

Rocknsnow there is nothing wrong in little humour thanks for providing us this moment . Regarding OCing in spokane area you will find so many positive posts... Happy OCing/Icing:P

Post imported post

I OC in and around the Spokane and Couer D Alene area most of the time, no problems. There are places that I do not OC just because I do not want to become the legal test case.

PM me and I will try to help.

Orphan
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Set up an impromtu meet while there. I am on the western side so unless you head this way, I already have to count myself out....lol.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
    Clearly he meant OC'ing.

The "I" key and "O" keys are close together... bunch of smart asses..

Any hoo Spokane is a fairly OC friendly town. Believe it or not the western side of WA has become more accepting of OC than the Eastern side. The only really negative issue that has come up regarding OC'ing in spokane is a member on here that did receive a ticket for OC'ing in a city park.

He is in the middle of fighting the ticket and will win.

Please run through this Washington site and read every post if you can. You will learn more about our individual states laws and general openness around OC'ing.

PM with specific questions I'll answer what i can.
    Brian, FYI Ben's case was dismissed the day before it went to trial.

Orphan

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Of course not the publicity the city wanted.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Of course not the publicity the city wanted.
    It seems that its a lot easier to prosicute someone when they have actualy broken a law.

Its too bad that Ben had to spend money on a lawyer and cant get anything back.

Now we have established that OC in a park in Spokane is not illegal maybe the SPD will do proper training for their officers and this will not happen again. If SPD makes another illegal arrest then I guess it will result in a lawsuit.

Orphan

Post imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
    All the arguing, demonstrating and hashing of the laws is due to the western side of the state. Most of the posters here are from the western side of the state. Hell, most of the posters have problems with Ellensburg on west... all you read is Snohomish this and King that and Pierce here.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

killchain,
    We are not as organized as the west side. Also, I do not post everything that is going on. It is well known that the west side runs the state, just look at the last governor elections. Spokane is the second or third largest city in Washington, depending on who you ask, but we are not surrounded by the fourth, fifth, and sixth largest cities. About the only thing I can write about is we had a great lunch last Saturday. OC, no problems.

Post imported post

I'm just pointing out that this board and it's members have a much bigger problem with the western side of the state than the eastern side. It may be skewed because of the demographic of people here but it's the fact. You don't hear about an open carrier being harassed in Walla Walla county or being arrested and having their rights violated in Adams county.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

rocknsnow, we would love to have a meetup while you are in town. We need more excuses to gather around here. Give us some details when you get closer to your visit.

Post imported post

I have been absent from this board for a while but if there is a meet up in Spokane in the near future I would like to attend. Give me a chance to put faces with names here on the board.

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    I'm just pointing out that this board and it's members have a much bigger problem with the western side of the state than the eastern side. It may be skewed because of the demographic of people here but it's the fact. You don't hear about an open carrier being harassed in Walla Walla county or being arrested and having their rights violated in Adams county.
    Your kind of missing the correlation between the greater number of people that OC in western Washington vs. eastern Washington, and the number of reported "incidents".

Kind of makes a silly sort of sense....ya know?