• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How are things in Spokane for icing?

rocknsnow

imported post

I am living in Alabama which is not a very oc friendly state. And I was living Utah which is fairly a oc friendly state. How is Spokane? I actually grew up there and will be visiting family in a few months. I just wanted to know whether I should make sure to conceal or if ocing was okay.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Well, the temperatures haven't gotten low enough to turn water into ice yet, but you could just try spraying the streets with a hose at night and hope for jack frost. Maybe you could conceal it with a bunch of grass and leaves and nobody will notice. As for WA state, we are very oxycodone friendly, I was prescribed 40X for my surgery in August. No sure what that has to do with icing though. :)

brianstone1985

imported post

Clearly he meant OC'ing.

The "I" key and "O" keys are close together... bunch of smart asses..

Any hoo Spokane is a fairly OC friendly town. Believe it or not the western side of WA has become more accepting of OC than the Eastern side. The only really negative issue that has come up regarding OC'ing in spokane is a member on here that did receive a ticket for OC'ing in a city park.

He is in the middle of fighting the ticket and will win.

Please run through this Washington site and read every post if you can. You will learn more about our individual states laws and general openness around OC'ing.

PM with specific questions I'll answer what i can.

rocknsnow

imported post

thanks guys....i was using my iphone and it corrected "ocing" for "icing". i didn't notice that till this morning when i got on at home with computer. glad you guys have a sense of humor. thanks for the info. and brianstone1985thanks, i will pm ya when i get closer to my travels.

Manu

imported post

Rocknsnow there is nothing wrong in little humour thanks for providing us this moment ;). Regarding OCing in spokane area you will find so many positive posts... Happy OCing/Icing:p

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I OC in and around the Spokane and Couer D Alene area most of the time, no problems. There are places that I do not OC just because I do not want to become the legal test case.

PM me and I will try to help.

Orphan

Jeff Hayes

imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
Clearly he meant OC'ing.

The "I" key and "O" keys are close together... bunch of smart asses..

Any hoo Spokane is a fairly OC friendly town. Believe it or not the western side of WA has become more accepting of OC than the Eastern side. The only really negative issue that has come up regarding OC'ing in spokane is a member on here that did receive a ticket for OC'ing in a city park.

He is in the middle of fighting the ticket and will win.

Please run through this Washington site and read every post if you can. You will learn more about our individual states laws and general openness around OC'ing.

PM with specific questions I'll answer what i can.
Brian, FYI Ben's case was dismissed the day before it went to trial.

Orphan

Jeff Hayes

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Of course not the publicity the city wanted.

It seems that its a lot easier to prosicute someone when they have actualy broken a law.

Its too bad that Ben had to spend money on a lawyer and cant get anything back.

Now we have established that OC in a park in Spokane is not illegal maybe the SPD will do proper training for their officers and this will not happen again. If SPD makes another illegal arrest then I guess it will result in a lawsuit.

Orphan

killchain

imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
All the arguing, demonstrating and hashing of the laws is due to the western side of the state. Most of the posters here are from the western side of the state. Hell, most of the posters have problems with Ellensburg on west... all you read is Snohomish this and King that and Pierce here.

fetch

imported post

killchain,
We are not as organized as the west side. Also, I do not post everything that is going on. It is well known that the west side runs the state, just look at the last governor elections. Spokane is the second or third largest city in Washington, depending on who you ask, but we are not surrounded by the fourth, fifth, and sixth largest cities. About the only thing I can write about is we had a great lunch last Saturday. OC, no problems.

killchain

imported post

I'm just pointing out that this board and it's members have a much bigger problem with the western side of the state than the eastern side. It may be skewed because of the demographic of people here but it's the fact. You don't hear about an open carrier being harassed in Walla Walla county or being arrested and having their rights violated in Adams county.

o2ryan

imported post

rocknsnow, we would love to have a meetup while you are in town. We need more excuses to gather around here. Give us some details when you get closer to your visit.

The_Gunny

imported post

I have been absent from this board for a while but if there is a meet up in Spokane in the near future I would like to attend. Give me a chance to put faces with names here on the board.

FMCDH

imported post

killchain wrote:
I'm just pointing out that this board and it's members have a much bigger problem with the western side of the state than the eastern side. It may be skewed because of the demographic of people here but it's the fact. You don't hear about an open carrier being harassed in Walla Walla county or being arrested and having their rights violated in Adams county.
Your kind of missing the correlation between the greater number of people that OC in western Washington vs. eastern Washington, and the number of reported "incidents".

Kind of makes a silly sort of sense....ya know? :D